IGNORED

Feel Let Down By The Club

Dan Of The Dolman

You took a year out?

Surely you must have worked in that time, you must be loaded.

I vonlunteered effectively

working on the Impact gap year scheme the boys' brigade ran, I lived off an allowance which covered rent, travel and food. I had to raise this myself through donations that people felt justified work I would be doing in their area/church/boys brigade

I am far from loaded

2) Why should they?

3) What difference would that make?

Thanks for the reasoned and well thought out response.

Why should they? I thought the Fcf and trust were a link between the club and the fans who would have input on decisions that impact fans. This decision impacts fans.

What different would that make? Well perhaps pre-warning may have helped me budget on the 100% increase.

Would you think a 100% increase in your season ticket price without explanation is ok?

I'm writing a letter to SL, i'm taking a year out of my job ( i wish), any chance reduction on my ST, be skint when i am back. Great comment Screech.

I know this wasn't a personnal attack - But i'm finidng it difficult to read beyond your comment I'm not looking for sympathy, but my reasons for taking a gap in education are not pretty and there are few people that have had issue's on the same level as mine - no better or worse than others they just pull on different strings "Oh i'll hopefully get a discount when i'm over 21" was possibly the very last thing on my mind

I wouldn't mind but I never even said I wanted a discount - I took the view of it being benificial for the club

Ok so yes some people are paying for taking a year out which was their choice and can accept what you say there but I feel insulted that you went for this one all guns blazing

Thanks for the reasoned and well thought out response.

Why should they? I thought the Fcf and trust were a link between the club and the fans who would have input on decisions that

impact fans. This decision impacts fans.

What different would that make? Well perhaps pre-warning may have helped me budget on the 100% increase.

Would you think a 100% increase in your season ticket price without explanation is ok?

Mate, most of us working blokes with families are having to put up with EVERYTHING going up week after week.

Being able to afford season tickets for me and my two sons is the least of my worries.

Not being funny but when you get in the real world you will understand.

Thing the problem is, with today's climate people don't have much sympathy for students.

It's the constant whining about everything they do. The fact is working people are finding it tough at the moment and all you hear is the bloody students whining how tough life is.

They tell each other they have it tough, have they bollocks.

They are not supposed to have lots of money hanging about, they are supposed to be studying for an education that they signed up for which should, if they have chosen the right course, pay them dividends in the future.

If they're lucky they'll end up working 40 hours, 5 days a week, having enough to pay their mortgage, put food on the table and perhaps buy a season ticket at full price, if they are unlucky they might just be able to pay the mortgage, feed themselves and nothing else.

That's f.....g life I'm afraid. The world doesn't owe them a living, they better get used to the cold harsh realities of life in modern Britain.

Mate, most of us working blokes with families are having to put up with EVERYTHING going up week after week.

Being able to afford season tickets for me and my two sons is the least of my worries.

Not being funny but when you get in the real world you will understand.

Mate, most of us student blokes with families are having to put up with EVERYTHING going up week after week as well.

Being able to afford a season ticket for me is the least of my worries as well.

Not being funny but when you realise my point isnt about pro/anti students but the way the club have dealt with this increase please come and talk in the real world.

Dont react to me until you can answer my previous question; would you be of a similar stance were it your tickets being increased by almost 100%.

It's the constant whining about everything they do. The fact is working people are finding it tough at the moment and all you hear is the bloody students whining how tough life is.

They tell each other they have it tough, have they bollocks.

They are not supposed to have lots of money hanging about, they are supposed to be studying for an education that they signed up for which should, if they have chosen the right course, pay them dividends in the future.

If they're lucky they'll end up working 40 hours, 5 days a week, having enough to pay their mortgage, put food on the table and perhaps buy a season ticket at full price, if they are unlucky they might just be able to pay the mortgage, feed themselves and nothing else.

That's f.....g life I'm afraid. The world doesn't owe them a living, they better get used to the cold harsh realities of life in modern Britain.

To be honest once youve commented about us 'whining' youve just released a pretty big moanyourself. Ive not commented once about the world owing me anything, it doesnt, however I do feel the club owe me an explanation of a 100% increase.

I would just like to add in a mini resumé of a personnal debate that I had

I was trying to be constructive and accepting things are difficult to organise and make cut backs, all I got was my words twisted and posted back to me, assumptions made on my personal life and insulted (the latter wasn't intentional)

Student tickets for renewal this season should be staggered, those who are students over 21 should be able to renew such tickets, instead of giving us 20 people 15 days to decide if we can fork out £150 more than we expected to and thought we would be doing 2 weeks ago, then anything that is not a renewal is does not contain the student bracket, thus preparing students for an increase next season ... giving them a full 380 days to save or whatever.

The problem is not with the price of the ticket, the problem is with the lack of communication!

Mate, most of us student blokes with families are having to put up with EVERYTHING going up week after week as well.

Being able to afford a season ticket for me is the least of my worries as well.

Not being funny but when you realise my point isnt about pro/anti students but the way the club have dealt with this increase please come and talk in the real world.

Dont react to me until you can answer my previous question; would you be of a similar stance were it your tickets being increased by almost 100%.

Your a family man, look after your family.

If my ticket goes up a 100% I look after my family first, in your circumstances, family first education second, football season ticket number 5001 on your list.

You already know this, when someone from the club rings you to say "Are you renewing" you just say no, no thanks, can't afford it, my family come first. Put the phone down. It really is as simple as it is, why people are crying about it to a forum I'll never know.

In large type for anyone not sure what to do about this, as this seems to be the norm these days, and we don't want the club to get into trouble for forcing people to buy a season ticket they can't afford

IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD IT, YOU CAN'T HAVE IT.

Sorry if it seems harsh, you may just need to do something else with your time until you can afford it again. I did something else for 3 years when I was skint, students don't seem to think this should apply to them.

Your a family man, look after your family.

If my ticket goes up a 100% I look after my family first, in your circumstances, family first education second, football season ticket number 5001 on your list.

You already know this, when someone from the club rings you to say "Are you renewing" you just say no, no thanks, can't afford it, my family come first. Put the phone down. It really is as simple as it is, why people are crying about it to a forum I'll never know.

In large type for anyone not sure what to do about this, as this seems to be the norm these days, and we don't want the club to get into trouble for forcing people to buy a season ticket they can't afford

IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD IT, YOU CAN'T HAVE IT.

Sorry if it seems harsh, you may just need to do something else with your time until you can afford it again. I did something else for 3 years when I was skint, students don't seem to think this should apply to them.

1. Im not crying
  2. Its not harsh

The reason I have made numerous posts on this subject since Thursday is that I was hoping someone on here from the trust or FCF might have an explanation for me. As I have not received such response I will call the club tomorrow.

But thanks for your input. Guess I will have to eat less lobster and move from my shared flat in Clifton and slum it in Redland to try and afford one :tumbleweed:

1. Im not crying
  2. Its not harsh

The reason I have made numerous posts on this subject since Thursday is that I was hoping someone on here from the trust or FCF might have an explanation for me. As I have not received such response I will call the club tomorrow.

But thanks for your input. Guess I will have to eat less lobster and move from my shared flat in Clifton and slum it in Redland to try and afford one :tumbleweed:

Slum it in Redcliff u could afford two then.

You've gotta love the often unwarranted abuse students seem to come in for from many areas these days. Talk about bitter and unjustified. Having a student option is hardly a lot to ask for, it's become the norm in a variety of different areas just as O.A.P offerings are. The Club suddenly cutting it off with no warning is clearly gonna piss some fans off and leave many in the lurch. All the lad wants to do is support his team and look at the stick he's got.

Get a job you scroungers students my ass lazy bar stewards more like.Pay your way and earn your living. you lot really p... me off.

boxing.gifbanghead.gifargh.gif

It hasnt taken long for this thread to turn anti student has it.

I agree with you, lets get rid of all education and send people to work at 11 again. Who needs education anyway, our economy and industry will grow off the back of people leaving school at 16 wont it?

You've gotta love the often unwarranted abuse students seem to come in for from many areas these days. Talk about bitter and unjustified. Having a student option is hardly a lot to ask for, it's become the norm in a variety of different areas just as O.A.P offerings are. The Club suddenly cutting it off with no warning is clearly gonna piss some fans off and leave many in the lurch. All the lad wants to do is support his team and look at the stick he's got.

Mods please remove this well thought out and reasoned response.

I think us students should be burnt at the stake like witches were! :icecream:

Throwing fire extinguers of a building rioting through London, these people are apparently our future, i'm pissed of with my job and the cuts that my family are going to face, **** it i get all my work firm to riot through Bristol, shit times, get over it you love the club pay what you have too.

You forgot pissing on war memorials.

You forgot pissing on war memorials.

I think you'll find morons who are not students have also done this, but please ignore that part.

Im pretty sure 'workers' have also rioted in our history. Chucking a fire extinguisher off a roof is idiotic at best but don't class all students as such.

All groups in society whether your employed, unemployed, a student or an oap do offensive things. But because students stay on to improve their chances in life lets lambaste them!

It's harsh to tar all students with the same brush, that is all I'm going to say. :sleeping:

I think its disgusting what's happening with tuition fees, but people money about charges at the club you got to cap it. Any student to the age of 21 is fair imo. Those a roofer or scaffold er get any discounts with there education?,

1. Im not crying
  2. Its not harsh

Everyone who wants to give thier support to the super robins is welcome - just don't bloody moan about it.

Students must be loaded if they can afford a season ticket - back in my day this would have been out of the question as my money went on coal, rent, and baked beans.

Whatever next?

How about the price of Porche GT3's? Well - there's always PCP or a loan ......

Dear God! If you can't afford a season ticket, get your arse down the library - it's free and warm - even on Saturday afternoons.

You cheeky git.

:disapointed2se:

Hasn't this argument already been done on another thread...

Yes it has. Don't get me started again!!!

The other thread did not turn 'anti-student / pro-student'.

The point I was attempting to make on the other thread was why should a student be entitled to a discounted season ticket, when this is a leisure / hobby activity.

This is not anti-student, but instead is pro-equality. In my opinion, if you want to watch a football match, everyone should pay the same (men, women, students, unemployed, roofers, plumbers, bankers, stockbrokers, managers, admin, salesmen, directors). One price for everyone, they're all watching the same thing.

If you can't afford it, you don't go. Attendance is not compulsory.

The point I was attempting to make on the other thread was why should a student be entitled to a discounted season ticket, when this is a leisure / hobby activity.

This is not anti-student, but instead is pro-equality. In my opinion, if you want to watch a football match, everyone should pay the same (men, women, students, unemployed, roofers, plumbers, bankers, stockbrokers, managers, admin, salesmen, directors). One price for everyone, they're all watching the same thing.

...... I agree

"Bloody students"

:disapointed2se:

"Cast them unto the library - the beasts!"

If they can afford £6000 for tuition fees - what price a premier seat season card, with a space for the Porche on match days??

Eh?

"Shame on them!"

Would you also include children and oap's paying the one price?

The club is doing it by age and although not perfect it still covers most students (apart from final year and mature) and is much easier to police than the whole student card debacle which is fully open to abuse and from what i remember practically anybody could get both real and fake cards. If they made it under 22 then i guess that would probably be the fairest situation as it would cover the vast majority of students leaving just the mature students/students staying on for additional who didn't qualify. Life is about sacrifice and realistically if you stay on at uni past 22 or go back to uni (mature) then you realistically have to be prepared to sacrifice something.

Archived