IGNORED

Feel Let Down By The Club

Dan Of The Dolman

£245 in the East End, I don't know what the going rates for students/U21's was previously/is now but the Club offering that has covered their asses in terms of economic moral outrage. That's just over ten pounds a game an if you can't afford that; you can't afford to be watching live professional Football in this country.

If you don't like the view but can't afford better then it's an appropriate welcome to the real world for you.

The club is doing it by age and although not perfect it still covers most students (apart from final year and mature) and is much easier to police than the whole student card debacle which is fully open to abuse and from what i remember practically anybody could get both real and fake cards. If they made it under 22 then i guess that would probably be the fairest situation as it would cover the vast majority of students leaving just the mature students/students staying on for additional who didn't qualify. Life is about sacrifice and realistically if you stay on at uni past 22 or go back to uni (mature) then you realistically have to be prepared to sacrifice something.

I can accept that things have to change, and will live with the fact I have to arrange to pay alot more this year, but I want to know why no one was warned about this - the club obvously spoke about this, they would not have gone about it by just making an on the spot decision. Even around christmas time an article titled "Changes to ticket categories for next season" with brief outline of what would and would not be available would have at least given notice to the small (obviously insignificant from the reaction on here) number of fans affected

20 being affected is an estimate by the club as that will be the number of students over 21 that bought tickets this year the number may well be right but that would be a sheer coincidence as some of those would have been in their final year of studies and there and there will be students turning 21 this year that will not finish this year

I'm what you would call a "mature student" and am not very happy about the price hike for next year as Tonto quite rightly says it is a massive price hike without consultation. As I think match day pricing is already massivley over inflated for the quality of football I will definitely be cutting back next year. It seems odd that the club were flogging themselves to students a couple of seasons back linking up with the like of Bristol uni and now they seem to be turning their back on them to make a few quid. I know a lot of clubs have quite a large student following including us so it seems odd that they want to risk reducing this in the current climate where they need evry fan they can get.

I think the thing most students don't realise is that you can now get student cards for courses that enable you to work and study (devaluing the NUS card if you like) and professional qualifications now let you apply for the NUS card which I think many organisations as well as football clubs are aware of. I went to Plymouth last year and they had already introduced the under 21 policy on matchday tickets so it's obviously a moving feature of football pricing.

I think the club will lose a few fans on the door but I've been to about 7 games this season and never had my card checked once by anyone so i am not surprised to see them reviewing the whole thing as its obviously more effort than its worth to monitor. Perhaps all mature stundents should just get an Under 21 card and see if the club actually bothers to notice??

So the point your trying to make is not pro-equality nor is it "everybody should pay the same"

Yes, somehow I knew you were gonna retort with that gem.

All 'men' are equal. Not children or OAPS's. Those members of the human race who are of a working age, should be equal (i.e currently the law would suggest that is 16-65, though this will be increased soon). I think you're being somewhat pedantic suggesting that children should come into this category too.

So the point your trying to make is not pro-equality nor is it "everybody should pay the same"

If you're not out of full time education by the time you are 21, or the equivalent of 2 years A level and 3 years university (unless you are studying to become a doctor for instance) then I can only assume you quite like the easy life of being a student.

This does not count those who study part time in the evening and are working full time, why should they get a discount over me? An OAP has a limited income because they have served their time in the workplace and can't really command a big salary, a child is not able to work. You are clutching at straws my friend. Pay up or stay at home.

If you're not out of full time education by the time you are 21, or the equivalent of 2 years A level and 3 years university (unless you are studying to become a doctor for instance) then I can only assume you quite like the easy life of being a student.

This does not count those who study part time in the evening and are working full time, why should they get a discount over me? An OAP has a limited income because they have served their time in the workplace and can't really command a big salary, a child is not able to work. You are clutching at straws my friend. Pay up or stay at home.

Still being in education after 21 is certainly not easy. I left school and went straight into full time employment, not because I didnt want to continue my education, but because I needed to contribute a large amount of money to ensure my family kept a roof over our heads. We are now in a position where I am able to study again (only have a year left). I'm not suggesting that I am entiled to a discount, my grievance is that there was and still hasn't been any communication on the removal of student ticets from the club. It would just be basic courtesy.

Archived