IGNORED

Jamie Mcallister

Welcome To The Jungle

Bad:

He had a poor day at Left-Back, got done twice. Got booked once and also conceded as a result of one of his mistakes.

Good:

We hit the post, bar, cleared off the line and some very impressive saves from Kasper, which I think on any other day would have got us at least 2 goals, came from Macca crosses, corners.

He was our only attacking outlet till Albert came on and offensively, Macca was my MOTM. On any other day he would have earned us a point, but for last ditch defending and chances my nan could have scored with her left foot being wasted.

Bad:

He had a poor day at Left-Back, got done twice. Got booked once and also conceded as a result of one of his mistakes.

Good:

We hit the post, bar, cleared off the line and some very impressive saves from Kasper, which I think on any other day would have got us at least 2 goals, came from Macca crosses, corners.

He was our only attacking outlet till Albert came on and offensively, Macca was my MOTM. On any other day he would have earned us a point, but for last ditch defending and chances my nan could have scored with her left foot being wasted.

No he wasnt that bad. Although i can only comment upto half time! He got forward and put in several crosses which were not capitalised on unfortunately.For some reason though,will always be one of the scapegoats for a bad result or poor performance. Noticed on another thread that he was be labelled at pumping the ball forward. I would assume that it was in the 2nd half as i cant remember him doing this in the first half, WHEN A MORE SIMPLE OPTION WAS ON.

Bad:

Good:

He never had any cover from a left winger as we didn't have one until 30 mins to play, he committed himself too easily at times and Snodgrass just had a field day. I just think his inconsistency as a player kind of somes up the club this season!

I watched JM yesterday, very closely. I'm afraid, at this level, imho, he just isn't good enough.

Too many times this season, City have lost games down to individual errors.

Yesterday was another example. Leeds first goal was no ones individual fault. But the second, was simply down to JM's lack of quality.

I think he know's his own weakness, and try's to give himself more time by standing off the attacking player. He gives them way too much room. He's done this on numerous occasions this season. The winger usually feigns a move, JM reacts with a lunge, and either nutmegged or sidestepped. I watched KM's reaction, and you could tell he know's this too, from his words with Wigley. Up until this second goal, we had a chance of getting back in the game, and with it at 1-0, we had plenty of opportunities to draw level, with a bit of luck.

After this, his head dropped. He opted for playing balls down the channel, often not even looking up before he passed. The guy is a liability at the moment.

You can work hard as a Unit and team, but you can't plan for individual weaknesses and continual errors.

Personally, I don't think Leeds looked that good yesterday. Very average in fact. If they play like that everyweek then i'd be suprised to see them in the play offs.

i agree wasnt his best game but none of the back four covered themselves in glory yesterday, and i agree he was prob worst of a bad bunch.....however there are a few on here who have totally got it in for him....and i have to say Riaz, as much as i enjoy your posts on this forum your slating of mcallister is something i do not agree with....sorry mate

i agree wasnt his best game but none of the back four covered themselves in glory yesterday, and i agree he was prob worst of a bad bunch.....however there are a few on here who have totally got it in for him....and i have to say Riaz, as much as i enjoy your posts on this forum your slating of mcallister is something i do not agree with....sorry mate

My slating of him, is also frustation that we still havent brought in a left back, even though millen said it was a priority - we ended up with another winger or striker!!

He's our worst player and yet he has NO competition - you could'nt make it up!

My slating of him, is also frustation that we still havent brought in a left back, even though millen said it was a priority - we ended up with another winger or striker!!

He's our worst player and yet he has NO competition - you could'nt make it up!

will agree to disagree then....as do not see him as the worst player in the squad, i actually think fontaine is total drybread, and if he didnt have caulker alongside him we would be in dire straits.

Thought he had a so so game, yes he got caught for the second goal going to ground to easily but to be fair Snodgrass has taken the piss out of a lot of left backs this season and he took the piss out of our two centre backs for the 1st goal but i dont see them being slaughtered on here, for me Mac is a reasonable full back but people get on his back for the slightest mistake, some of it justifiable others not.

Thought he had a so so game, yes he got caught for the second goal going to ground to easily but to be fair Snodgrass has taken the piss out of a lot of left backs this season and he took the piss out of our two centre backs for the 1st goal but i dont see them being slaughtered on here, for me Mac is a reasonable full back but people get on his back for the slightest mistake, some of it justifiable others not.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there Gordie. He has made quite a few mistakes this season and has clearly not been one of our better performers. However, we do tend to scapegoat on this forum and he seems to be the main target this season. We do need another LB, either as cover or replacement (probably the latter), but let's not make him out to be a liability. He has also been isolated at times due to the lack of cover from midfield.

I thought he had a good game with some decent crosses put in from set pieces and open play.

He was left exposed a couple of times through no fault of his own, but maybe he could have closed his man down quicker on those occasions.

All in all, a decent performance from him I thought.

On another note, I don't think we'll see Woolford preferred over Adomah on the right again - at least, I hope not.

So despite the instructions on the label Millen still needed to put Woolford through his laboratory and now, after throwing away another opportunity for 3 pts, he will revert to what Woolford is there for... A left winger? I hope so. But knowing Millen he'll just have to go somewhere else and have another tinker. Perhaps he'll put Cisse on the right wing and drop Adomah to centre half? And now that he has tested Pitman on the wing will he put him back up front? Maybe he should try him in goal ala Tinman?!

So despite the instructions on the label Millen still needed to put Woolford through his laboratory and now, after throwing away another opportunity for 3 pts, he will revert to what Woolford is there for... A left winger? I hope so. But knowing Millen he'll just have to go somewhere else and have another tinker. Perhaps he'll put Cisse on the right wing and drop Adomah to centre half? And now that he has tested Pitman on the wing will he put him back up front? Maybe he should try him in goal ala Tinman?!

I think Mr. Millen is just trying to nurse through until the end of the season what we have. A 4312 worked at Preston last week and most seemed to be up for the Clarkson behind the front two experiment, this reasonably means no place for Adomah, who has had a slight dip in form over the last few games. However we looked much better against Leeds yesterday with Adomah and playing with more width, the fact Adomah did well when he came on helped as well.

If we can make it to 4th from bottom after 46 I think you will then start to see players that KM actually wants in his team coming in with one or two (or several more) making for the exit!

I supect if you asked KM privately (and he trusted you) who he would REALLY want out of our current squad next season the list would be something short like this Ribeiro, Fontaine, Adomah, Stead, Pitman, Woolford. My gut instinct is if Maynard does well between now and the end of the season the club will listen to decent offers as they would with Skuse and Elliot. Jamie Mac may not be around so much after May, but he is what we have for now at LB and Louis will likely figure more next season from the bench being kept around the first team as a leadership figure as much as anything.

The fact is we are an unbalanced hotch potch of players most of which are worth little on the transfer market and add little regardless of where they play. It took GJ a season to sort the Wilson/Tinion mess and KM desrves the same as lets face it there is little difference between the two scenarios Wilson/Tinion-GJ/Coppell (a long term manager's mistakes and a short-term manager's idiocy=bad squad)

All we can do as supporters right now is keep our fingers crossed and get behind the team for the last 15

For info, according to the Football League stats Jamie McAllister has produced our most crosses this season, in fact there were a couple of beauties yesterday including one with his right peg which Wooly glanced wide.

Yeah the one with the right foot was a good cross.... was fairly early on and I was hoping at that point for a rare good game from him

But i'm not surpised that he has the most crosses.... its all he does! but I call it lumping...

You say there was a couple of beauty's but do you really think that he's aiming anywhere in particular, or more realistically - he's pumping it in so much, that one or two are gonna be decent every now and then??

Yeah the one with the right foot was a good cross.... was fairly early on and I was hoping at that point for a rare good game from him

But i'm not surpised that he has the most crosses.... its all he does! but I call it lumping...

You say there was a couple of beauty's but do you really think that he's aiming anywhere in particular, or more realistically - he's pumping it in so much, that one or two are gonna be decent every now and then??

You've pounced again !

Who knows Riaz, hopefully he is aiming at a target, but anyway I don't really see how you can slag him off for putting a cross in.

PS. I did not say he was the best LB in the league.

You've pounced again !

Who knows Riaz, hopefully he is aiming at a target, but anyway I don't really see how you can slag him off for putting a cross in.

PS. I did not say he was the best LB in the league.

because more often or not he's in his own half and 9 times out of ten it results in loss of possesion, whether it be a opposition head, in the keepers hands or a goal kick.

I dont get where all of the whooooosh comments cum from with J Mac. We hav so little movement ahead of the back four that when our full backs look up theyre faced with about 5 red shirted 'players' looking gormlessly on showing no interrst in wanting the ball. The best teams r the ones with movement ala swansea. Always an option or two to pass to. Yes hes had better days but he also has had no defensive help on his wing since mcindoe left. His good spell this year came when rose was on the wing n tracked back meaning he wasnt isolated. I dont doubt hes had his day but hes a better option than nyatanga or fontaine. The way millen likes to b 'flexible', perhaps its time pitman played LB just to keep up the farce that is our formations n use of players out of position!!

because more often or not he's in his own half and 9 times out of ten it results in loss of possesion, whether it be a opposition head, in the keepers hands or a goal kick.

Unfortunately it looks like Fonts is trying to take Macca's crown of king of the lumpers. It seems like a constant stream of lumps coming out of our defence these days?

I'm getting really bored of seeing the ball getting constantly launched hopefully upfield, only to see the opposition inevitably win the ball and come straight back at us. Obviously Milly isn't a mathematician, because we only win a small percentage of these balls, so I can't see why we keep playing them. Either the players are told to do it, which clearly calls our tactics into question, or the players have decided to do it for themselves, which I reckon should result in being fined a percentage of their wages every time they do it!

We have to work hard to win possession off most teams in this league, whereas we just surrender it to them on a plate most games.

Unfortunately it looks like Fonts is trying to take Macca's crown of king of the lumpers. It seems like a constant stream of lumps coming out of our defence these days?

I'm getting really bored of seeing the ball getting constantly launched hopefully upfield, only to see the opposition inevitably win the ball and come straight back at us. Obviously Milly isn't a mathematician, because we only win a small percentage of these balls, so I can't see why we keep playing them. Either the players are told to do it, which clearly calls our tactics into question, or the players have decided to do it for themselves, which I reckon should result in being fined a percentage of their wages every time they do it!

We have to work hard to win possession off most teams in this league, whereas we just surrender it to them on a plate most games.

Fontaine aint the only one when we're playing badly, alot of our players do it. Macca seems to do it all the time though. Totally agree with you about getting bored seeing the hit and hope ball.

Your last line is a key reason, we are struggling this season and this is why I feel we are desperate for a left back, because ALOT of our moves breakdown because of macca.

McAllister? Shyte?

How long have you got.......

Been a good servant to the club. Helped get us promoted, and into the play-off final.

Need to stay up this season - if he is the best we have - then use him when it suits Millen - in the absence of anything better.

Come May:-

GET RID & GET A 1/2 DECENT LB IN!

:whistle2:

..... don't want to say anything else disrespectfull - about ability and stuff like that ........

Fontaine aint the only one when we're playing badly, alot of our players do it. Macca seems to do it all the time though. Totally agree with you about getting bored seeing the hit and hope ball.

Your last line is a key reason, we are struggling this season and this is why I feel we are desperate for a left back, because ALOT of our moves breakdown because of macca.

You're right that a lot of our players do it and I just think we've forgotten as a team how important keeping possession is. Even on the rare occasions we pass it around to find an opening, someone invariably finally just gets impatient and resorts to a lump, rather than looking for a killer pass.

They're well paid professional footballers after all and it just amazes me that after their years and experience in the game, they still can't even pick a pass! It also makes me laugh when there are so many footballers around who only have one foot they can shoot, or even pass with. What do they do when they practice ffs? Most people will have a stronger element to their game, but it's crazy when there are so many of our players in a Championship team who seem incapable of passing a ball with any degree of accuracy over more than 5 yards.

It just says to me how ridiculous football has got when you can pay hundreds of thousands of pounds for a footballer who doesn't seem capable of finding a team-mate over a distance of more than a couple of yards and you need to get yourself a 'midfield playmaker' to do the job!

a bit like your continous trolling on the forum....post enough crap and you might find a gem in there eventually.

PDG

I don't know about Mcallister, of course, beyond what I saw on Saturday. But Snodgrass is in the form of his life at the moment and has made many a left back look a bit stupid this season. If we don't go up then I fear he'll be at a Premier League side this time next season. I wouldn't judge him harshly on the basis of that performance alone.

The Coventry right back said a couple of weeks ago that Gradel wasn't as good as he made him look.

And we constantly have people saying that we don't look that good (as above).

Saturday wasn't our finest performance by a long chalk, I admit, but it was certainly clinical enough to really put the game to bed in 50 minutes.

My point is that it's easy to criticise a team or player on one game. From my perspective I thought he did fine, as I said.

As someone said Adomah made a difference, but I think that we'd switched off by then, and on another day you may even have got a draw. That's why we probably won't go up.

If you're looking anywhere for scapegoats the front two were pretty toothless from my vantage point in the Wedlock.

I think all this criticism of mccalister is a little harsh,like in previous posts above he hardly ever has protection in front of him and is often faced with 2 opposition players.

He tries his best every game and always puts in 100% commitment which is a rare thing in football these days.

We do need another left back to challenge him so they can both fight for the left back spot and hopefully push eachothers performence to a higher level.

The only issue i got with jamie is his passing,or better still the "hoofing" why on earth he hoofs it so much is beyound me.

Maybe its not his fault but the managments,we should learn from the swansea game.They absolutley schooled us by player simple football,or pass and move football.

You dont need to be glen hoddle or david beckham to play passing football,you just need plenty of movement which comes from the managment.

I was very impressed with swansea and would love to see us play football like that.

Decent replies are lost on you, because no matter how many people debate the fact that the team as a whole were poor you can`t get beyond the fact that you feel JM is crap and is therefore to blame. Get over yourself, really

PDG

I've never claimed he is to blame. Of course the rest of the team was poor. And when on form mcallister CAN be a good player. His crossing in the final third is actually very good. But he rarely gets there nowadays, because he has lumped it at the first opportunity.

He can win me over if he turns things around

and plays like the left back he was in his first two seasons with us. But at this stage in his career I think it's unlikely.

playing 4-3-3 any attacking full back will suffer a lack of protection from a winger, especially when the full back is lacking pace.

he was better at 4-4-2

People will always slate Macca, however in his absence and since his return, I think he's proved that although he's not going to impress everyone, he's still our best option left back at the club by a margain, when he was missing we had to play Lewin and Fontaine their although they did their best it proved how good macca is.

As ever though, needs cover

Archived