IGNORED

Steve Mcclaren!?!

Andy082005

Hopefully this will be our blip season and we start to climb again next season.

It is a shame that this is our blip season as it would have been a good season to push for promotion. None of the teams that came down from the prem were ever going to threaten going straight back up. It is almost definite that 3 teams that were playing in the championship last season will go up this season.

It is a shame that this is our blip season as it would have been a good season to push for promotion. None of the teams that came down from the prem were ever going to threaten going straight back up. It is almost definite that 3 teams that were playing in the championship last season will go up this season.

I hope it is only a blip.

I have no problem with McClaren's track record as a manager - some success, some failures - but I can't get past the whole 'Dutch accent' thing, which convinced me once and for all that the man is a buffoon.

I do not want a buffoon in charge of our football team.

I do not want Millen either, but I would stop short of calling him a buffoon.

I wish all our fans were like Harry...Great posts...puts mine to shame. :cool:

Totally agree. Nice to see coherent arguments backed up by statistics. A bit of a statto is our Harry!:read:

Thanks fella's. Liking the love-in.

There are plenty of people on here who post sensibly, but unfortunately there are a few who are post absolute crump!

As for being a statto...well..I don't do this intentionally, but sometimes you do need to back up a good point or opinion with a bit of added value. Hence I'm also grateful to yourself, Incider, for providing insight into your opinions.

Didn't he spend vast sums at Middlesborough to get 'sucess'? Net transfer spend of £20m doesn't seem right to me.

And just to prove a point (statto) -

I mentioned that his net spend was £50m, but that he was responsible for bringing through some great youth players and also some of his transfers in were later sold for a higher amount, thereby effectively giving him a real terms net spend of £20m. I must admit, I didn't work it out accurately so I could have been a few million out, so I've now taken the trouble to do so :

During Tenure

Total Transfer Value of players in = £52.05m

Total Transfer Value of players out = £4.6m

Net Transfer Spend = £47.45m

Post Tenure

Transfer Value of Youth players he brought through = £25.3m

Profit on his signings = £2.75m

Total Transfer value that could be accredited to him = £28.05m

Taking this from his Net Spend during his tenure gives him a grand total of £19.4m.

There, wasn't far off was I. :yahoo:

Thanks fella's. Liking the love-in.

There are plenty of people on here who post sensibly, but unfortunately there are a few who are post absolute crump!

As for being a statto...well..I don't do this intentionally, but sometimes you do need to back up a good point or opinion with a bit of added value. Hence I'm also grateful to yourself, Incider, for providing insight into your opinions.

And just to prove a point (statto) -

I mentioned that his net spend was £50m, but that he was responsible for bringing through some great youth players and also some of his transfers in were later sold for a higher amount, thereby effectively giving him a real terms net spend of £20m. I must admit, I didn't work it out accurately so I could have been a few million out, so I've now taken the trouble to do so :

During Tenure

Total Transfer Value of players in = £52.05m

Total Transfer Value of players out = £4.6m

Net Transfer Spend = £47.45m

Post Tenure

Transfer Value of Youth players he brought through = £25.3m

Profit on his signings = £2.75m

Total Transfer value that could be accredited to him = £28.05m

Taking this from his Net Spend during his tenure gives him a grand total of £19.4m.

There, wasn't far off was I. :yahoo:

And you don't consider yourself to be a statto? Short of replying with a complex system of algorithims, that reply is brilliant. :winner_third_h4h:

Archived