IGNORED

Haters! Learn To Think!

Davros

Someone put in a tread for one of the KM supporters to defend him against all the nonsense thrown at him. So here are just a few reasons why I think the guy is doing well and will do better.

I was unfortunate enough to see one of Copouts game in charge and based on his taking of a team that millen had picked up at the end of the season before and lackadaisically turning it into the utter mess I seen at Southend. I'm sure if Copout was here now we would be in Prestons position. And we would have been on the wrong end of a 4-0 thumping. After the game I was saying to a Southend fan about Coppel doing a rebuilding job trying to kid myself, but was gutted to find out that Southend had put its team together in the summer nearly all of them like they only had a few players on their books worse than Pompey!!

Kieth has done somthing that Brown did with Hull and formed a relationship with a top Premier League side Campbell was instrumental in Hulls success over us in the play-offs and their run into the play-offs. GJ never seemed interested in building these kind of relationships.

Most of the post match dribble I see on here about KM is just that its written with the benefit of hindsight and little or no consideration for the fact our defence has been an utter conveyor belt of injuries this season on top of that KM openly agrees with most of us that Jamie Mac needs competition, but none of you seem to get it that were not League 1 or League 2 where we would have a plethora of decent loans to choose from were Championship, that means we have the Prem and other teams in our own division to choose from does not make life easy. Most of the haters seem to think good players grow in trees, if that were the case we would all be ****ing Chelsea wouldn't we.

I will bet good money KM will take this group of players and do good things with them in the summer how good I don't know but we will see next season, he has more than shown so far this season that were capable of beating good teams well (Cardiff, Swansea, QPR).

Inconstancy is always going to be an issue when your defence is the walking wounded for most of the season. I think 4-4-2 is going to be our strongest set-up going forward but we will see.

90% of all the haters posts are the same 10-15 posters over representing themselves on this forum.

Could give many many more points but I honestly cant be arsed as it would be like slapping myself in the face with a hardback book as I don't expect any of the emotionally driven haters to have a rational bone or thought in their body!

Someone put in a tread for one of the KM supporters to defend him against all the nonsense thrown at him. So here are just a few reasons why I think the guy is doing well and will do better.

I was unfortunate enough to see one of Copouts game in charge and based on his taking of a team that millen had picked up at the end of the season before and lackadaisically turning it into the utter mess I seen at Southend. I'm sure if Copout was here now we would be in Prestons position. And we would have been on the wrong end of a 4-0 thumping. After the game I was saying to a Southend fan about Coppel doing a rebuilding job trying to kid myself, but was gutted to find out that Southend had put its team together in the summer nearly all of them like they only had a few players on their books worse than Pompey!!

Kieth has done somthing that Brown did with Hull and formed a relationship with a top Premier League side Campbell was instrumental in Hulls success over us in the play-offs and their run into the play-offs. GJ never seemed interested in building these kind of relationships.

Most of the post match dribble I see on here about KM is just that its written with the benefit of hindsight and little or no consideration for the fact our defence has been an utter conveyor belt of injuries this season on top of that KM openly agrees with most of us that Jamie Mac needs competition, but none of you seem to get it that were not League 1 or League 2 where we would have a plethora of decent loans to choose from were Championship, that means we have the Prem and other teams in our own division to choose from does not make life easy. Most of the haters seem to think good players grow in trees, if that were the case we would all be ****ing Chelsea wouldn't we.

I will bet good money KM will take this group of players and do good things with them in the summer how good I don't know but we will see next season, he has more than shown so far this season that were capable of beating good teams well (Cardiff, Swansea, QPR).

Inconstancy is always going to be an issue when your defence is the walking wounded for most of the season. I think 4-4-2 is going to be our strongest set-up going forward but we will see.

90% of all the haters posts are the same 10-15 posters over representing themselves on this forum.

Could give many many more points but I honestly cant be arsed as it would be like slapping myself in the face with a hardback book as I don't expect any of the emotionally driven haters to have a rational bone or thought in their body!

+1

Bang on matey !

Makes me wonder if the usual suspects actually think there right in what they say ?

16,000 home fans Saturday I certainly didn't hear any chants for millens head yet the 10 or 12 anti millen party, because they actually make the majority on the forum on certain threads bombard threads with un constructive

criticism and believe there word is on behalf

of all city fans ! IT IS NOT AND IT IS NOT

THE MAJORITY OF MOST CITY FANS VIEWS!

Happy to take that bet... and a very stupid final comment. Here are my thoughts:

Millen will certainly deserve some credit if he can keep us up - I didn't think he would when he was appointed but now think we will scrape home.

He deserves credit for his signings - getting Pitman to join us not Blackpool took some doing - and his loan deals have clearly been better than most of GJ's last season.

He also seems a decent bloke who clearly feels a strong connection to City.

Ironically what should be his strengths (given his coaching badges) - tactics and player motivation - have turned out to be his biggest weakness. There is a tactical naivety about him that is deeply worrying at this level - right now we need to grind out results, not experiment with new formations every 45 minutes.

I'm summary, if we finish 19th KM will have achieved the bare minimum required to retain his job. I personally don't think he can take us forward next year and won't be renewing my season ticket. That rational enough for you??

Happy to take that bet... and a very stupid final comment. Here are my thoughts:

Millen will certainly deserve some credit if he can keep us up - I didn't think he would when he was appointed but now think we will scrape home.

He deserves credit for his signings - getting Pitman to join us not Blackpool took some doing - and his loan deals have clearly been better than most of GJ's last season.

He also seems a decent bloke who clearly feels a strong connection to City.

Ironically what should be his strengths (given his coaching badges) - tactics and player motivation - have turned out to be his biggest weakness. There is a tactical naivety about him that is deeply worrying at this level - right now we need to grind out results, not experiment with new formations every 45 minutes.

I'm summary, if we finish 19th KM will have achieved the bare minimum required to retain his job. I personally don't think he can take us forward next year and won't be renewing my season ticket. That rational enough for you??

+1

In summary, if we finish 19th KM will have achieved the bare minimum required to retain his job. I personally don't think he can take us forward next year and won't be renewing my season ticket. That rational enough for you??

If we finish 19th or lower I'll happly turn up in my underware and dance a half-time jig for charity next season!!

Best post I've read on here for a long time mate - could n't agree more . Hindsight and blinkers are a dangerous combination and there is an over abundance of both on here most of the time.

I honestly don't think the opinions on this forum reflect what the majority of city supporters believe.... certainly not in the atyeo where my season ticket is or in the away grounds of which I have been to most this season.

I feel you have touched on all the saliant points and I have posted similar myself multiple times. Fortunately for me I can easily be rational as I can't get to a lot of games due to my location and dont have to sit through the hammerings/home defeats.

We could have had Bill Shankly or Brian Clough take over from Coppell (Knob) and I dont think it would have made that much difference, we need to get behind the team from now until the end of the season COYR

A pretty emotionally driven response to the allegedly emotionally driven "haters". It seems to me that there were far more Gary Johnson haters and he had actually achieved something for us. Keith is far too nice a guy to hate imo, though that may be a drawback in his job perhaps. There seem to me to be plenty of grounds for scepticism rather than hatred, and they have been well rehearsed elsewhere, often in non-emotional terms.

Entirely fair point on injuries but since Carey, Fontaine and McAllister have all seriously declined since their outstanding first Championship season (and let's not forget were very much around for the endless last minute goals and occasional heavy defeats of Johnson's latter days). More relevant I think is that they are among a group of players (including Johnson and Elliot) who have been around too long, appear to be in their comfort zone and in most cases are guaranteed a start regardless of form. For me the real test of Keith will indeed be the summer when we see if he is tough enough to get rid of such players and replace them with hungry ones. To that extent I sincerely hope he will not stick with this group of players as you suggest, especially since there seems to be a pretty unanimous view that he can spot a good player on the basis of his signings so far.

Good players growing on trees? Well Keith seems to have found a tree since he has signed some damn good ones imo. An explanation as to why he has still not found a left back or central midfield player (his priorities) would be interesting but I will certainly have to part from Keith when he describes McAllister as brilliant. He is not quite as wretched as portrayed perhaps but brilliant?

As to beating good teams the facts speak for themselves in the cases you cite. The conundrum is why is the team not so up for it in less glamorous games, does Keith recognise or gloss over that fact and if the former what will he do about it ? Funnily enough I was encouraged by the fact that he was actually angry after the Leeds game. I hope he has the guts to direct that at the players. As assistant he could be the good cop (which is presumably why the players wanted him to get the job). Now he has to get tough at times. It's hard to tell if he can do that, especially if he fears the retribution of senior players his predecessor faced.

Finally there has I suspect been no more emotional response this season than Steve's in appointing Keith after Copout walked. It smacked of "Oh for Christ's sake I can't be arsed to start again, just let Keith have the job and bugger the consequences". I hope you are right about Keith. I remain unsure (note I haven't said I hate him nor have I called for him to be sacked) but it was a hell of a gamble to take with the club's future to allow a novice to learn on the job.

I hope this is sufficiently rational.:fingerscrossed:

league table doesn't lie,

6 points from the opening 10 games 9 of which millen was in charge for I can forgive that as it was his bedding in period (why he needed one I don't know as he knows the club back to front)

We then had a good run bril thought he'd cracked it, we're now on a awful run again,

again I can forgive this. What I can't forgive is players performances the lack of leadership and the tactical inept coming from our bench and manager,

I'd be intrested to see if you were one of the "haters" who hounded out johnson

I wasn't I'll still go and support the team I'm a season ticket holder and I have renewed for next season I still have a right to voice my displeasure with the way the club is going, and on current form thats league one

Shouldn't this be in the Justify Millen thread? :englandsmile4wf:

If we finish 19th or lower I'll happly turn up in my underware and dance a half-time jig for charity next season!!

This is the reason why he should go!

We have very good players but he does not play them right.

Just one of many examples :- We need a left sided midfielder for ages. We finally get him and Millen wants to play him in the middle and 3/4 of the Leeds game on the right!!!! :disapointed2se:

The thing is, hindsight is a wonderful thing....however, how many times do you see us "hater posters" coming on here saying things like, "yeah stick with the same formation Millie...." quickly followed with "actually, Millie was wrong for doing that, he was stupid blah blah blah"

Some of his formations and tactics this year have been down right stupid. Ive highlighted the Barnsley home game before, I got in the ground just before kick off, looked at the team, turned to my dad and said "what the **** is he doing....." We sharpishly went 2-0 down. Thats not hindsight, thats just looking at something and seeing something wont work before it happens......something I cant understand Millen does not recognise.

Yeah he has shown he can beat top teams, but he has shown much more he can lose to poor teams to.

Some people on here make us out to be "Millen haters" or have some sort of vendetta against the bloke. Far from it, I'm not like Robbored....I would love to come on here in 6-12 months and admit Iw as wrong. Im sure Millen is a nice bloke, and will carve out a decent career in coaching or management. I just dont believe he is the right man for us, and I dont believe he can take us forward.

Personally I reckon Millen will become a great manager with time, despite being at the club for a decade he's never been manager before so he's got to learn new skills and become experienced, learn from mistakes etc etc, and the mess the club was in at the start of the season even Mourinho would of struggled to get organised.

I really can't see how people want Millen out untill he's been given a whole pre-season to prepare and time to clear out dead wood and replace with players he wants to suit the style he wants to play.

There are a few that want Keef out now.. but I think the majority of the 'Keef out' brigade are aware that would be a big mistake, given the number of games left and the fact we need to maintain current points per game average to stay up.

To me the posters that keep on with the 'Keef out' comments are not helping the cause.

Yes everyone is entitled to an opinion and entitled to post that opinion .. but come on.. we need to be positive.. nothing is going to change apart from maybe adding to the team with one or two new loan deals.. and that being the case we have to ask ourselves what can we (the fans) do to help the team and the management.

There are a few that want Keef out now.. but I think the majority of the 'Keef out' brigade are aware that would be a big mistake, given the number of games left and the fact we need to maintain current points per game average to stay up.

To me the posters that keep on with the 'Keef out' comments are not helping the cause.

Yes everyone is entitled to an opinion and entitled to post that opinion .. but come on.. we need to be positive.. nothing is going to change apart from maybe adding to the team with one or two new loan deals.. and that being the case we have to ask ourselves what can we (the fans) do to help the team and the management.

Well it's about time Millen was more positive with the way he puts his team out on the pitch.

Its about time that he knew his team and how to play.

He's more worried about the about the opposition, when they should be more worried about us.

At home we should act as a home team and not be frightened of what he is installing into our players and praising other teams before we play them.

90% of supporters know where we need to strengthen the team this season, but has he done it NO.

Its always down to the supporters to help out, as been said so many times Millen does NOT do his bit.

The rubbish he spouts off after a game must be rehearsed before kickoff.

You accuse those of dissenting views of being emotionally driven and non-thinking and then proceed to do exactly the same yourself.

If you want to 'think' I'd argue you have to show a degree of objectivity and appreciation of opposing view points.

So let's take the emotion out of this and try and inject some objectivity:

1. Given the budget spent on the team, do you think that the team has performed against expectations?

2. Do you think that the majority of a season is sufficient time for a manager to stamp his authority on the team/formation/attitude of players?

3. Accepting that a sizeable majority of the season has been played are you happy with the current league position? If not, what actual evidence do you have that KM will improve that?

As time goes on and we stay near the bottom of the table the excuses for KM will keep on dwindling. What suprises me is that people are willing to keep on having faith in KM and personally I've got no idea what justifies that faith.

Excuses buy him time, but as this season goes on what evidence is there that next year he will miraculously turn it around? Is it just because he is good at signings? Is that really enough to compete at the top end of this league?

For those who see the anti-KM brigade (haters is such a pathetic label - there really is nothing personal here) as a negative force, consider this:

- if you continue to accept and even support mediocrity whose actions have put City near the bottom of the table after the majority of the season, who ultimately is being disloyal to the club?

- putting excuses aside what do you see in KM that makes him a top-flight manager? If you can't genuinely label him as that, why keep him?

Good Post and agree.

minor point....Instead of people replying +1 etc.....just click the PLUS or Minus in the bottom right hand corner of the post?

Its a very interesting topic, thats for sure. If I had a fiver for every fellow city fan who, after a 3-0 win will say "should have been 5" or "yeah but we were crap" I'd be lighting my fags with £20 notes. As a random example look at the ludicrous criticism after the Sheffield Utd game, when city were "lucky", "tactically inept", and "disappointing". This after a 3-0 home victory!!.

The run to the play-off final is to blame for the outrageous and often downright stupid criticism that the current players and management have to endure every week, win, lose or draw. We were taken to the brink of fantasy by a solid, workmanlike, professional and very slightly above average team in a mediocre division. Enjoyable as it was, all those 1-0 victories decieved everyone. We weren't, and aren't good enough to aspire to anything more than mid-table obscurity or the odd flirt with the bottom 4.

The players know this, the management know this, the board of directors know this. Journeyman strikers, ageing centre halves, ex-england goalies, permanently injured strikers and underacheiving youth players all need to leave the club before anything changes. The fans expectations at city are hilarious. Just WHAT do we expect from our players? They aren't bad players, but comparing them to the top players in this division directly, you realise how far short we are of challenging for even the top 10.

The players definitely (mostly) graft their arses off for the cause, and I genuinely believe Millen is city through and through. But they simply aren't good enough to fulfil the weight of expectation that is heaped upon them before every season and every fixture. I get the impression that Mr Lansdown is waiting for Premier League football before splashing the serious wedge, but as long as we keep treading water and signing makeweights and cast-offs, we are in a catch 22 situation. I say spend (gamble?) some serious money to get TOP players in and have a go at promotion. This softly softly transfer policy/wage structure is admirable but ultimately counter productive. We are a reactive club, not a pro-active club. Every week we expect a Barcelona performance from a set of poorly coached, poorly prepared, half-motivated players. Its just not going to happen until a new broom is swept throughout the club, from to to bottom. Clubs far smaller and less wealthy than city have bigger and more attainable goals than we do, and without the burden of false and misguided over-expectation.

Its a very interesting topic, thats for sure. If I had a fiver for every fellow city fan who, after a 3-0 win will say "should have been 5" or "yeah but we were crap" I'd be lighting my fags with £20 notes. As a random example look at the ludicrous criticism after the Sheffield Utd game, when city were "lucky", "tactically inept", and "disappointing". This after a 3-0 home victory!!.

The run to the play-off final is to blame for the outrageous and often downright stupid criticism that the current players and management have to endure every week, win, lose or draw. We were taken to the brink of fantasy by a solid, workmanlike, professional and very slightly above average team in a mediocre division. Enjoyable as it was, all those 1-0 victories decieved everyone. We weren't, and aren't good enough to aspire to anything more than mid-table obscurity or the odd flirt with the bottom 4.

The players know this, the management know this, the board of directors know this. Journeyman strikers, ageing centre halves, ex-england goalies, permanently injured strikers and underacheiving youth players all need to leave the club before anything changes. The fans expectations at city are hilarious. Just WHAT do we expect from our players? They aren't bad players, but comparing them to the top players in this division directly, you realise how far short we are of challenging for even the top 10.

The players definitely (mostly) graft their arses off for the cause, and I genuinely believe Millen is city through and through. But they simply aren't good enough to fulfil the weight of expectation that is heaped upon them before every season and every fixture. I get the impression that Mr Lansdown is waiting for Premier League football before splashing the serious wedge, but as long as we keep treading water and signing makeweights and cast-offs, we are in a catch 22 situation. I say spend (gamble?) some serious money to get TOP players in and have a go at promotion. This softly softly transfer policy/wage structure is admirable but ultimately counter productive. We are a reactive club, not a pro-active club. Every week we expect a Barcelona performance from a set of poorly coached, poorly prepared, half-motivated players. Its just not going to happen until a new broom is swept throughout the club, from to to bottom. Clubs far smaller and less wealthy than city have bigger and more attainable goals than we do, and without the burden of false and misguided over-expectation.

Probably all true, what it did was to give us a taste and show what is achievable with hard work, your penultimate sentence says it all 'Every week we expect a Barcelona performance from a set of poorly coached, poorly prepared, half-motivated players'.

So true. Same posters, day in day out, going round in the same circles.

So this is a post so salient it needs its own thread? just checking

Dear god you have humbled thou with your grasp of the English vernacular..... pfft like hell, its not like there are x number different threads a day spouting for Millens head in various guises I was going to ask one of the moderators to give the winger's their own forums so I don't have to read 50 re-incarnations of the same thread each day of the week....... forgot you pedant!

Archived