IGNORED

Scunny & Barcelona Leading

bristolcitysweden

at least they played better footy than Inter Milan did when they beat Barca last year.

Even when they won 3-1 at the San Siro, Inter's footy wernt too great and Barcelona had to drive there cuz of the ash cloud.

Inters good football was played off the pitch before the game by the tacticians and coaching staff! It was impressive in a different way I'd say (and also something we could use a good lesson in, as much as our passing!)

I'm sorry but he could quite possibly the most over-rated player in world football. I could stand in the centre of Barcelona's midfield and pass to Iniesta 50 times a game. Out of those 48 completed passes I guarantee 45 of them were only 3-5 yards. He might the most

amazing leader in world history and can inspire his team through words, but he does nothing of note during a game. Elliott does more world classes per season than Xavi.

This must rate as the most classic post ever on this forum!

And I thought only horses wore blinkers!

What in the hell game was he watching only saw the highlights but it was more like a work of art and top level theatre at times the passing ,skill ,movement and free flowing football was fantastic, how the hell a run of the mill average footballer like Elliott can be compeared to anybody in Barce's midfield is just crazy he is a shadow in the Championship let alone at international ,European and club level......

I think you missed the point of grifty's post there pal. Read it again with a huge dollop of sarcasm.

What he is saying, I think, is that we have a similar player to xavi here (albeit lightyears behind him in class and achievements) in Johnson. LJ will complete lots of short passes without playing over complicated balls, but that is not appreciated at bcfc. If johnno had better players around him, he'd be a key player for us, no question.

Inters good football was played off the pitch before the game by the tacticians and coaching staff! It was impressive in a different way I'd say (and also something we could use a good lesson in, as much as our passing!)

Quite so. Very impressive but in a different way as you say. Though I was still majorly impressed with, to take two names Sneijder and Milito that evening.

I think you missed the point of grifty's post there pal. Read it again with a huge dollop of sarcasm.

What he is saying, I think, is that we have a similar player to xavi here (albeit lightyears behind him in class and achievements) in Johnson. LJ will complete lots of short passes without playing over complicated balls, but that is not appreciated at bcfc. If johnno had better players around him, he'd be a key player for us, no question.

Yes! Exactly it, I'd been thinking along those lines- lots of short, simple passes- there to keep the play ticking and so forth. Does nothing much spectacular but yeah I'd really go along with this.

What he is saying, I think, is that we have a similar player to xavi here (albeit lightyears

behind him in class and achievements) in Johnson. LJ will complete lots of short passes without playing over complicated balls, but that is not appreciated at bcfc. If johnno had better players around him, he'd be a key player for us, no question.

if that's the case I agree with him, I read his post quickly and didn't see the sarcasm.

Only thing is barcelona passed the ball 25-30 times and only scored 1 goal,Arsenals second goal only took 3-4 passes,there are many ways to play football,tippy tappy football is only one of them.Some people prefer the up and at em,some prefer quick counter attacking and some prefer the pass and move game,one thing they've all got in common is they want to watch winning football as the end justifies the means.Me I always liked the Brian Clough way,counter attacking 4-5 passes goal.

Archived