IGNORED

Scunny & Barcelona Leading

bristolcitysweden

just read on BBC website that

"Out of Xavi's 51 passes he made in the 1st half, he completed 48 of them"

piss poor effort, would never get into our team with that level of creativity.

If the tempo in the Championship is so high that the players with their limited technical skills can't adress their passes (watch up row Z) maybee they should

s l o w down the tempo :whistle2:

Arsenal 2 - Barca 1 .... what a great game this is to watch. Proper football :chant6ez:

For me football is standing in the stand or in the sofa predicting the right pass just about to be perfectly executed by someone who do not have a birds perspective.

A hoof ball to row Z will one day kill me.....................................................

Great match, not sure how arsenal won, they deffinatly rode their luck!

at least they played better footy than Inter Milan did when they beat Barca last year.

Even when they won 3-1 at the San Siro, Inter's footy wernt too great and Barcelona had to drive there cuz of the ash cloud.

Spudski - I love football, you LIVE football. Brilliant background to the juggernaut that is Barca , thanks.

What a game tonight. That was football at it's supreme best. Perhaps you would expect that from two of Europe's top sides. but tonight was awesome.

And a great (first ever) win for Arsenal over Barcelona. Sets them up well for the second leg but er, that is at the Nou Camp.

I've been there. Quite simply the most impressive club stadium anywhere in Europe.

BCFC are several million miles off this level, but we can hope.

What a pity that idiot Adrian Chiles heads up ITV's live football these days. The man is a prat who churns out cliches one after another. In fact I had to switch off the post-match analysis because I can't bear to watch or listen to him.

And he is getting two million quid a year for this ?

God help us.

Dunno whether i live football mate... I just think Barca, Arsenal and many Spanish/Continental teams play and coach football in a way that i enjoy watching. Like Gambit said, they learn from an early age to play football, winning will come when they are adults. How many English kids have got Winners cups and medals on their shelf from their youth, but few from Adulthood?

Hopefully one day in my lifetime, i will witness BCFC playing that type of football...

Nice post Spudski,i would like to add something small to that

Mourinho said in an interview with the BBC that English kids are taught how to win, but Spanish kids are taught how to play football.

You have to say that at least 50% of the kids are getting a good education....

Dunno whether i live football mate... I just think Barca, Arsenal and many Spanish/Continental teams play and coach football in a way that i enjoy watching. Like Gambit said, they learn from an early age to play football, winning will come when they are adults. How many English kids have got Winners cups and medals on their shelf from their youth, but few from Adulthood?

Hopefully one day in my lifetime, i will witness BCFC playing that type of football...

We live in hope. You are absolutely spot on about youth development in club football, but I am not convinced that we have the right approach to that at City, despite the Academy set-up.

Anyway, well done Arsenal tonight. A brilliiant second half performance against what Wenger admitted are the best side in Europe.

If they can beat them over two legs, then who can stop them going on to win the competition ?

Arsene Wenger deserves that first ever European Cup win after what he has done for the game in the UK.

A great game that, what a pleasure to watch two sides playing great, skilful, passing attacking football. Very well done to Arsenal.

Someone said Inter didn't play so well last year in the 3-1. I guess an honourable exceptio would have been Sneijder of course and I guess Milito was also very good. Anyway back to tonight's game and Arsenal now have every chance in the Nou Camp though you can never, with only a one goal deficit write Barca off!

just read on BBC website that

"Out of Xavi's 51 passes he made in the 1st half, he completed 48 of them"

piss poor effort, would never get into our team with that level of creativity.

I'm sorry but he could quite possibly the most over-rated player in world football. I could stand in the centre of Barcelona's midfield and pass to Iniesta 50 times a game. Out of those 48 completed passes I guarantee 45 of them were only 3-5 yards. He might the most amazing leader in world history and can inspire his team through words, but he does nothing of note during a game. Elliott does more world classes per season than Xavi.

I'm sorry but he could quite possibly the most over-rated player in world football. I could stand in the centre of Barcelona's midfield and pass to Iniesta 50 times a game. Out of those 48 completed passes I guarantee 45 of them were only 3-5 yards. He might the most amazing leader in world history and can inspire his team through words, but he does nothing of note during a game. Elliott does more world classes per season than Xavi.

Yeah, i agree with you 100%

if we ignore the Spanish league medals, the spanish cup medals, The Champions league twice, the European Super Cup, The Fifa World Club Cup, The European Cup, The World Cup as well as all his individual medals, he would be bloody awful.

Yeah, i agree with you 100%

if we ignore the Spanish league medals, the spanish cup medals, The Champions league twice, the European Super Cup, The Fifa World Club Cup, The European Cup, The World Cup as well as all his individual medals, he would be bloody awful.

Yeah, I think you've completely missed the point of my post. Well done lad...

A great game that, what a pleasure to watch two sides playing great, skilful, passing attacking football. Very well done to Arsenal.

Someone said Inter didn't play so well last year in the 3-1. I guess an honourable exceptio would have been Sneijder of course and I guess Milito was also very good. Anyway back to tonight's game and Arsenal now have every chance in the Nou Camp though you can never, with only a one goal deficit write Barca off!

i will own up to that one with regards to Inter's performance last season.

With regards to going to Barcelona, Liverpool won 1-2 over there in the first leg a few years ago (the bellamy golf swing celebration) so it can be done.

ok, let us analyse this

over-rated player in world football - fair enough, each to their own opinion.

barcelona's midfield - it is all about retaining possession. How many times have we conceded this year due to our midfield giving away the ball? If the oppostion do not have the ball, they cannot score, it frustrates the opposition and moves them out of position having to chase Xavi & co around the pitch. Co-incidence that Spain and Barcelona are the best sides in the world?

3-5 yard passes - see above. If it is so simple, how come nobody else does it? by this logic, you would rather play hoof ball and have little chance of retaining the ball, or play it to a team mate, knowing 100% that it will get there and that you will stretch the play along the midfield, allowing for space to be created?

nothing of note during a game - his positioning and movement and passing allows the team to work around him. it is a team game.

Elliot does more - in our first season of the championship maybe :englandsmile4wf:

i will own up to that one with regards to Inter's performance last season.

With regards to going to Barcelona, Liverpool won 1-2 over there in the first leg a few years ago (the bellamy golf swing celebration) so it can be done.

Oh it can be done, I believe Rubin Kazan won there sometime in the last couple of years too. Doesn't happen that often mind but something to hang onto is all important, far better than going there level or even worse, behind. That aforementioned Liverpool win, had a bit of a look back. Bit of a Benitez masterstroke tactically that, deployed Arbeloa at left back as opposed to his usual positionof right back with Riise on the left wing- one right footer at left back and one left footer higher up to double up, and it negated Messi massively.

Archived