IGNORED

Carey Defend Management Team

sh1t_ref_again

Louis as captain has a duty to back his manager and his chairman,obviously the news that the fans not a minority but a big majority are very concerned with the on field performances,

The chairman previously said he was after promotion to the Premier League.

The steve coppell appointment showed that commitment,the Keith Millen appointment has not.

We all wanted Keith Millen do show he can manage Bristol City,he has had plenty of time to show his cards,yes his signings have been good,but the football,the motivation,the standard is the lowest for many many years.

Louis I'm sure has the club at heart,but the reality is this club is going in the wrong direction under the current manager,

The chairman has the ultimate responsibility and presently he seems steadfast in backing his current manager.

Right or wrong if this club goes down,it was be a disaster.

Do you know what Louis?, You are right, so if it is not the the management team it must be the overpaid pussies who actually turn in these abject performances that are to blame and cannot convert the coaching and tactics of the management team into results the question is Louis what are you and the rest of the squad going to do about it?.

Louis as captain has a duty to back his manager and his chairman,obviously the news that the fans not a minority but a big majority are very concerned with the on field performances,

The steve coppell appointment showed that commitment,the Keith Millen appointment has not.

We all wanted Keith Millen do show he can manage Bristol City,he has had plenty of time to show his cards,yes his signings have been good,but the football,the motivation,the standard is the lowest for many many years.

Louis I'm sure has the club at heart,but the reality is this club is going in the wrong direction under the current manager,

The chairman has the ultimate responsibility and presently he seems steadfast in backing his current manager.

Your 1 of the 15 people I was on about pete1975 martyn hocking and some other red's are some of the most prolific posters on this subject so you know better than our club captain now ?

Do you know what Louis?, You are right, so if it is not the the management team it must be the overpaid pussies who actually turn in these abject performances that are to blame and cannot convert the coaching and tactics of the management team into results the question is Louis what are you and the rest of the squad going to do about it?.

:chant6ez: very well said Sir

Your 1 of the 15 people I was on about pete1975 martyn hocking and some other red's are some of the most prolific posters on this subject so you know better than our club captain now ?

and you are one of about 6 or so posters who just cannot see that we are in trouble and re-cycle the excuses that Millen and now his players are trotting out.

and you are one of about 6 or so posters who just cannot see that we are in trouble and re-cycle the excuses that Millen and now his players are trotting out.

Your one as well.

Its amazing how its general consensus that a manager needs at least 2 seasons (2 Years) to make his mark on a team yet in these forums its 6 months go figure who's wrong?

Your one as well.

Its amazing how its general consensus that a manager needs at least 2 seasons (2 Years) to make his mark on a team yet in these forums its 6 months go figure who's wrong?

and in the main the Millen ultras are also the most aggressive and offensive in their replies.

We have a squad far stronger than most in our league and Millen has had a budget the envy of many other managers in this league as well and he has been involved in the day to day running of the club for over 6 years, so why would he need 2 years?, RR and one or two others never afforded GJ that amount of time, he came in as a 'new broom' and obviously trusted Millen enough to keep him on. The coaching for 2 years now has been poor or the players have been poor in transmitting the coaching into performances.

Norwich, Leeds, Millwall and Watford are just 4 clubs with far worse squads than ours and yet are doing much better, so why is this happening?.

Your one as well.

Davros,

You dont need to be a captain or chairman to see what is happenning on the pitch.

Millen makes me depressed everytime i see the team before kickoff, not just with selections but his formations.

When things are not working out any other manager will try different tactics, but not Millen, He has to wait till the games lost before he changes things.

Give more respect to others peoples opinions, we may not play that standard of football, but we do understand the game.

The only tactics Millen sees is what comes out of a plastic container!

The reason many fans are concerned is the last time we had a one season wonder in the championship it took a very long time to return.

many fans do not want to be watching the like of yeovil,exeter etc in the near future.

Do you really think SL will invest in a thirty odd thousand stadium with crowds of 10000 to 12000 people sat in it. My guess is he would not,

Millen has a squad of players as good as any in this division,the problem being they are not playing to their strengths,or with strong leadership and direction from the management.

I have no axe to grind with millen, I was surprised he got the job when coppell walked,even more surprised that SL gave it to him.However we as fans were happy to see what he could do.

My take is after watching his teams i am not impressed at all with his selections,tactics,substitutions etc.

I have purchased three STS for the last twelve years,Do i renew this year,I am finding the football experience at AG under millen boring,Do i want to watch his teams play no.I have spoke with many STs who are thinking long and hard about renewing their seats under the current management set up.

Still it would be a dull world if we all thought the same,you obviously think millen can turn it around, myself sadly i do not think he will.even if he keeps us up i really do not think he is the man to take the club forward,he should have gone when GJ went,the club needed a fresh set of ideas coaching wise.

Your one as well.

Results wise - Millen is okay, doing the bare minimum.

But tactically he just seems clueless - the players he has brought in have been very good (credit to him for that) but I think we'll be relegation candidates next season if we keep him on - thats why I want him to go at the end of the season.

A manager does deserve 2 years to build a team - but at what expense? our championship status? no thanks.

Spot on. That is my major criticism of Millen, we could go 2-0 down within 10 mins and he may not make changes until 80+ mins.

Thats what i liked about jose mourinho for example, if he seen something wasn't working he would be making changes after 10 mins not 80 mins. Like you said with millen, he changes things when the game is lost and no time to do anything about it, rediculous imo...

Thats what i liked about jose mourinho for example, if he seen something wasn't working he would be making changes after 10 mins not 80 mins. Like you said with millen, he changes things when the game is lost and no time to do anything about it, rediculous imo...

And for anyone wanting Steve McClaren be warned, he is the same! I was at Wembley for his 'wally with the brolly' act and we went down 2 goals very early on and he did not make any changes until about 15 mins into the second half - too late.

And for anyone wanting Steve McClaren be warned, he is the same! I was at Wembley for his 'wally with the brolly' act and we went down 2 goals very early on and he did not make any changes until about 15 mins into the second half - too late.

Fairly sure he made at least 1 sub @ HT - Beckham?

Your one as well.

It's not the general consensus that it takes a manager at least 2 seasons to make his mark. It's taken Dalglish about a month to do that at Liverpool, it's taken Sven 3-4 months at Leicester and it took Gary Johnson about 6 months at City.

It's not the general consensus that it takes a manager at least 2 seasons to make his mark. It's taken Dalglish about a month to do that at Liverpool, it's taken Sven 3-4 months at Leicester and it took Gary Johnson about 6 months at City.

RIGHT

Vote of confidence never a good sign anyway

The question has been asked if Louis and the rest of the team will play for Millen

Maybe what Louis is trying to say is that for the fans they will fight to avoid relegation, not for Millen (though that's putting words in his mouth of-course !)

Vote of confidence never a good sign anyway

The question has been asked if Louis and the rest of the team will play for Millen

Maybe what Louis is trying to say is that for the fans they will fight to avoid relegation, not for Millen (though that's putting words in his mouth of-course !)

and of-course the club and the mighty SL, who i love for what he's done for City

To be fair to Millen these 3 are all experienced managers who you would expect to make an impact quickly.

Millen is in his first full time managerial role, the first time he is totally responsible for what happens and he is having to learn quickly and under demanding, difficult circumstances and is as likely to fail as he is to succeed at the moment.

To compare his start to these 3 managers is unfair, both in terms of the situation and the difference in experience.

Millen was manager of the month in November, didnt mean he had cracked it, Freeman's start doesnt mean that Palace wont get relegated.

I agree.

You just said that the three managers quoted were all experienced and implied Millen was a novice. I simply threw in Freeman to say that even a novice manager can have an impact. If that improvement can be maintained, we shall see.

Plus Millens Manager Of The Month award counts for nothing now, a little less as it did then, what counts is where we are in May and I for one am not looking forward to Spring.

Good luck everybody.

I hope millen proves me wrong,

I want whats best for city and for me that isn't our current manager,

We need a clearout of players coaching staff and scouts,

Please keef prove me wrong I'd be happy to hold my hand up and say sorry,

I just don't see it happening

Offcause Carey and the team has to get behind Millen in this sitution to avoid relegation. To sack Millen is in my opinion a sign of desperation. Landsdown is a businessman who works in longterm. Rom wasnt build in one day. Leicester tomorrow, difficault but hope we can take one point at least. Its gonna be nervy. COYR.

Shame he couldnt back up Gary Johnson then, as his captain

Offcause Carey and the team has to get behind Millen in this sitution to avoid relegation. To sack Millen is in my opinion a sign of desperation. Landsdown is a businessman who works in longterm. Rom wasnt build in one day. Leicester tomorrow, difficault but hope we can take one point at least. Its gonna be nervy. COYR.

No but they had an Emperor, not Millen !!

Archived