IGNORED

Sainsburys Planning Meeting 2Nd March

Dollymarie

Right you lot. We need as many people as possible to get their butts to the council house on the 2nd of March. The meeting will start at 6pm, but we need City fans to arrive from 5:15 onwards for the Sainsburys planning application. We need to pack the place out with City fans, to show the councillors that they need to pass this application.

This thread serves the purpose of making people aware of when and where it is, but also so that people can post to say they are coming along.

Its really important we have as many people there as possible.

On other thread you said 2nd March, 6pm for the appeal - I was referring to the appeal of the first application - can't be same day, as the application appeal says it will take 4 days! - do you have any details of where to make statements for the appeal to the first application and when it is?

Right you lot. We need as many people as possible to get their butts to the council house on the 2nd of March at 6pm for the Sainsburys planning application, which is being heard then. We need to pack the place out with City fans, to show the councillors that they need to pass this application.

This thread serves the purpose of making people aware of when and where it is, but also so that people can post to say they are coming along.

Me and my boys will be there!!!!

Please post as Geoff 65 says?

Right you lot. We need as many people as possible to get their butts to the council house on the 2nd of March at 6pm for the Sainsburys planning application, which is being heard then. We need to pack the place out with City fans, to show the councillors that they need to pass this application.

Hi Marie

It's also very important that people make representations to the planners (on Planning issues only), in support of the application, instructions on my post (Ashton Gate planning application).

Can you link it to this as there's very little time to get letters or emails in.?

Hi Marie

It's also very important that people make representations to the planners (on Planning issues only), in support of the application, instructions on my post (Ashton Gate planning application).

Can you link it to this as there's very little time to get letters or emails in.?

I don't have the link sorry Rich, can you post it here.

Ooops. Mean't to comment that Rich and I must have been at different meetings. He tries to paint a picture of some systematic orchestration during that last meeting, when actually, a couple of comments were made, and a couple of people moved seats during the 4 hours it lasted

bye then.

go waste your time on your pointless "political" party

Ooops. Mean't to comment that Rich and I must have been at different meetings. He tries to paint a picture of some systematic orchestration during that last meeting, when actually, a couple of comments were made, and a couple of people moved seats during the 4 hours it lasted

people like you hold this city back and prevent jobs and investment and growth.

I hope your family struggles for emplyment during this awfule economic time so you suffer for the problems your causing with your pathetic petty campaign.

people like you hold this city back and prevent jobs and investment and growth.

I hope your family struggles for emplyment during this awfule economic time so you suffer for the problems your causing with your pathetic petty campaign.

I totally agree.

He will argue of course, that this stadium will bring more cars and create more pollution

He will argue that pollution causes Global warming - what he will fail to mention is that human's contribute only 0.01% to global warming and 99.99% is natural.

People like him need to get a life and let others live theirs.

I totally agree.

He will argue of course, that this stadium will bring more cars and create more pollution

He will argue that pollution causes Global warming - what he will fail to mention is that human's contribute only 0.01% to global warming and 99.99% is natural.

People like him need to get a life and let others live theirs.

does he not have a car and kids with cars and kids who need jobs and houses then?

People like Charlie Bolton don't care that south Bristol is in desperate need of investment and regeneration. They don't care that Bristol is crying out for a decent sporting facility. All they care about is inflating their own egos and point scoring amongst their little clique of the southville inteligensa.

Why would you move seats if it wasn't on purpose to cover yourself?.

You try to paint a picture of a disorganised anti-Sainsburys campaign, when that is far from the truth.....and the influence goes far......

Be careful everyone, don't think it is a coincidence that the opposition are around again....trying to stir things.

Might be a good idea to do everything by PM from now on......like the oppo do.

BCAGFC

Why would you move seats if it wasn't on purpose to cover yourself?.

You try to paint a picture of a disorganised anti-Sainsburys campaign, when that is far from the truth.....and the influence goes far......

Be careful everyone, don't think it is a coincidence that the opposition are around again....trying to stir things.

Might be a good idea to do everything by PM from now on......like the oppo do.

BCAGFC

Charlie Bolton has only appeared now to stir things up and try to draw some abuse so he can go to the meeting and say he's been threatened by football hooligans.

pretty obvious really. maybe he should stick to running in elections where he;'s even less popular than a BNP candidate

Charlie Bolton has only appeared now to stir things up and try to draw some abuse so he can go to the meeting and say he's been threatened by football hooligans.

pretty obvious really. maybe he should stick to running in elections where he;'s even less popular than a BNP candidate

The Greens are now represented in Southville by Tess Green. She won in 2010 as a sucessor to Charlie Bolton with just under 34% of the vote on a near 70% turnout. Beat Labour, Lib Dems & Tories, obviously they are popular in the ward.

The councillors of our city, not just the ones making the decision, should be made aware of the different groups of opposition opposing these plans.

Firstly we have the genuine people that are worried about a large store in Ashton.

Then we have the people in Ashton vale that don't want a stadium by their homes.

Then we have the people that live in urban areas concerned about Greenbelt developments engulfing their Villages and reducing their property values.

Then we the have the Greens, unfortunately for us, they have a councillor in Southville. The only ward in Bristol that is represented by the greens.

The other greens from Bristol and the surrounding areas are concentrating their efforts on opposing this application, along with the others, as a way of stopping the new stadium being built on Greenbelt land (former tip).

The members of these groups have as expected, joined forces to fight a common enemy. They are few but with loud voices and many friends in high places.

The main thing is that they are still few in number.They appear to be more in number through multiple objections. eg; They join or run different groups and object to the plans through those groups and as residents, giving an inflated impression of the actual opposition numbers. Alice Ferguson has objected five times under different titles,Tess Green twice (at least), Ben Barker twice (at least), Pip Sheard (at least three times), there are many more achieving the same results.

We also have the extreme anarchists opposing big busineess joining in.

They have carried out a smear campaign against the club, Sainsbury's and anyone that supports the stadium plans.

So far I would say that as a culmunative campaign they are winning the war. This can change.

The reports that have so far been produced, have either been rubbished or trumpeted by the opposition, depending on the findings.

The latest report from GVA on the retail impacts to the retail areas, was carried out for just £2,500. (your having a laugh) consultants prices?

How on earth can an assessment of the retail impact of a store this size, on an area covering East and North Streets, also including other areas such as the City centre, Nailsea, Symes ave and South Bristol as a whole, with turnovers in millions of pounds and hundreds of shops be accurate?

Since when have consultants been cheap? I for one question the accuracy of this report which would appear to have influenced the planning officers when making their recommendation.

Remember the last recommendation? It was ignored by Simon and his fellow councillors at the last meeting.

You must also remember and remind the councilors, that there is no mention of SIGNIFICANT IMPACT to the local retail trade. If this were so, then the application would fail. The councillors must decide if there is significant impact. Then weigh that up against the positive impacts for South Bristol as a whole.

The positive impacts/bvenefits from the developments and jobs created. Not only, from Sainsbury's and the stadium but the extra housing from two sites, the Hotel and restaurants, the conference facilities and the extra construction jobs created to build them. An investment not to be sniffed at and snubbed for the poossibility that there COULD, not will, be some shop closures.

Remember that the biggest retail impact will come against Asda and Park furnishers in Bedminster, something the opposition would like keep quite, whilst they focus the spotlight on the North St shops.

Archived