IGNORED

City V Leicster

dragonreds

Millen has a real problem now, does he stick with the team who did'nt play so well in the first half or the side who improved after we equalized and made the first change?.

I like to think he will try to do his research and set up a team that will take the game to Watford and look to exploit their weaknesses

End of the day being the better team in the second half doesn't help when we were not the best in the first.

I have nothing against Millen but let's face it, if we're brutally honest we need better so why are we crossing our fingers and hoping it all comes good rather than trying to change things before we get relegated!?

Agree with the general theme, but again two bad mistakes having just seen the 2nd goal, Nyatanga really should be getting more on his clearence he was under relatively little pressure and for all his good work, not making sure, instead just poking at the ball as cost us...again!

Yeah both Nyatanga could have and James should have done better but my point is more that Millen can't be responsible for that - not only has he inherrited a ridiculous situation but he seems to have no luck either.

Come to think of it, when did we last have a lucky win?

Yeah both Nyatanga could have and James should have done better but my point is more that Millen can't be responsible for that - not only has he inherrited a ridiculous situation but he seems to have no luck either.

Leicester (H)

So what other games have we suffered tonight's bad luck?

Whatever the arguments pro or anti Millen, we GOTTA get points on the board, and QUICK, we are in the relegation dogfight wether we like it or not.

Or pray like **** the teams below dont get many themselves. PNE are gonners, and that lives 2 spots. I really would like it if we didnt claim one of them

Gutted after that result, but happy with performAnce and more than deserved a point to night play like that and put in tonights effort and wecwill be safe without doubt,

freak deflection, however unsure what it looked like on tv,

I thing is for sure, you could see at the final whistle those who cared and those who are here for a pay check!

Me too. By the way Glyn how the hell young were you when you played for us in the 80's???!!!???

I was the original child prodigy!! Obviously I'm not the man himself , but what would I give right now , to have a player with his will to win. For me the Cooper era will always be my favourite time watching City. Jordan's promotion team was good (as was GJ's) , but Coopers boys had a desire not seen since IMO.

Best team 2nd half.

When we were working out how many points we need earlier this week and where we would get them, none of us budgeted for any at Leicester and many thought we would get a hiding.

To come out of it with all commentators saying we were unlucky is better than we hoped.

Lets go to Watford get a win, beat S****horpe and we aren't far off safety.

:clapping: Sensible post.

Best way to look at tonight . I wasn't expecting anything and a one goal loss aint anywhere near as bad as it might have been.

So what other games have we suffered tonight's bad luck?

Maybe not luck during games but having an idiot take care of pre-season then buggering off, losing your best player for 9 months and players getting injured on debut might all be deemed unlucky....

I'm no Millen apologist, just think we have no choice but to stick with him now (it's a responsibility if you appoint someone with no experience - by definition you're appointing what you believe to be potential, future talent). Perosnally, I'd have gone for an experienced man to replace Coppell - but it wasn't my (or anyone on here's) decision!

In fact, on the subject of bad luck, Millen may consider the timing of being offered the job was far from lucky - basically taking over a basket case of other managers' (and chairman's?) signings and having to make some sort of sense of it.

Gutted after that result, but happy with performAnce and more than deserved a point to night play like that and put in tonights effort and we will be safe without doubt,

freak deflection, however unsure what it looked like on tv,

I thing is for sure, you could see at the final whistle those who cared and those who are here for a pay check!

I wish I could be as confident as you !

I was the original child prodigy!! Obviously I'm not the man himself , but what would I give right now , to have a player with his will to win. For me the Cooper era will always be my favourite time watching City. Jordan's promotion team was good (as was GJ's) , but Coopers boys had a desire not seen since IMO.

You are talking my language Glyn!! The most enjoyable football I've seen - Cooper was soo passionate about the club.

In fact I may need to change my name on here to Bobby Hutchinson!!!

Anyone who saw Terry Cooper crying at Wembley in 1986 will know what Bristol City meant to him. The club doesn't celebrate him enough - I was thinking last week that an invitation to the Leeds game would have been a tremendous gesture.

Here's a little thought (fantasy??) - could Terry Cooper be our Kenny Dalglish???? Or, more realistically, could he help in some way? As Director of Football to pass on advice and take some pressure off Keith (especially with the media)?

It'll never happen I guess!

Here's another idea - Glenn Humphries to work on toughening up our defence!!!!!

Maybe not luck during games but having an idiot take care of pre-season then buggering off, losing your best player for 9 months and players getting injured on debut might all be deemed unlucky....

I'm no Millen apologist, just think we have no choice but to stick with him now (it's a responsibility if you appoint someone with no experience - by definition you're appointing what you believe to be potential, future talent). Perosnally, I'd have gone for an experienced man to replace Coppell - but it wasn't my (or anyone on here's) decision!

A rookie manager, by definition, is also on trial to prove he was the right choice for the job.

I doubt very much that SL's brief to KM was simply to avoid relegation. (fingerscrossed.gif)

He sets his sights higher than that and he won't have enjoyed this atrocious season any more than the rest of us.

We won't, and shouldn't, change things now - the die is cast for this season and we will stand or fall with KM - but I can't see KM in charge in August unless there is a dramatic improvement.

Supporter disillusionment demonstrated by a huge drop in season ticket sales will dictate a change imo.

A rookie manager, by definition, is also on trial to prove he was the right choice for the job.

I doubt very much that SL's brief to KM was simply to avoid relegation. (fingerscrossed.gif)

He sets his sights higher than that and he won't have enjoyed this atrocious season any more than the rest of us.

We won't, and shouldn't, change things now - the die is cast for this season and we will stand or fall with KM - but I can't see KM in charge in August unless there is a dramatic improvement.

Supporter disillusionment demonstrated by a huge drop in season ticket sales will dictate a change imo.

+1

Great post, agree with all of it, especially the last bit. Wether changing now is worthwhile is open to debate though but I can't see it happening.

Archived