IGNORED

City V Leicster

dragonreds

A rookie manager, by definition, is also on trial to prove he was the right choice for the job.

I doubt very much that SL's brief to KM was simply to avoid relegation. (fingerscrossed.gif)

He sets his sights higher than that and he won't have enjoyed this atrocious season any more than the rest of us.

We won't, and shouldn't, change things now - the die is cast for this season and we will stand or fall with KM - but I can't see KM in charge in August unless there is a dramatic improvement.

Supporter disillusionment demonstrated by a huge drop in season ticket sales will dictate a change imo.

You're right... it's a right old balls up isn't it?

Was is really, really all THAT bad ?

We lost against Leeds and Leicester now, two teams still fighting for promotion.

Are these really the light we've got to compare ourselves with ? We're looking in the wrong direction -

In my eyes the important games to win of those left have been Preston which we did win clearly or S****horpe e.g. - here you earn the points for staying in as you win them and take them from the other teams down there.

Pompey + Derby should be the games we've got to win, too.

I'm not that pessimistic yet.

It's not over and there are more important games to win.

Was is really, really all THAT bad ?

We lost against Leeds and Leicester now, two teams still fighting for promotion.

Are these really the light we've got to compare ourselves with ? We're looking in the wrong direction -

In my eyes the important games to win of those left have been Preston which we did win clearly or S****horpe e.g. - here you earn the points for staying in as you win them and take them from the other teams down there.

Pompey + Derby should be the games we've got to win, too.

I'm not that pessimistic yet.

It's not over and there are more important games to win.

Yep - a clinically accurate German assessment of things.

Keith is doomed, I fear

This stinks of Plymouth last season

Does it? Plymouth were a nothing side who went on to get relegated, and we played dog awful but almost stole a point. Today we went to a team with 13 points from their previous 5 games, 4 consecutive wins and could and arguably should have won in their own back yard. I really don't see the parallels.

So when did I say they werent good enough? Two players I rated when they were here.

A) what's your point

B) you are so sad trawling thru my posts or even remembering my posts... Get out more!

I wish I could be as confident as you !

I'm inclined to describe it as complacency, a sense that pervades the entire club at the moment. Very much smacks of the "we're too good to go down" mentality that has led to many bigger clubs than us falling. The majority seem to regard our current position as perfectly acceptable; some seem to regard it as a major triumph for Keith's brilliant management skills. Every defeat is brushed off with excuses and the occasional good 45 minutes hailed as proof that the corner has been turned. Personally I think we will stay up but I am not confident of it. I can quite easily see this bunch of players and manager either bottling it in crucial games or going into them with a "this is easy" mentality. Hope I'm wrong. :fingerscrossed:

I'm inclined to describe it as complacency, a sense that pervades the entire club at the moment. Very much smacks of the "we're too good to go down" mentality that has led to many bigger clubs than us falling. The majority seem to regard our current position as perfectly acceptable; some seem to regard it as a major triumph for Keith's brilliant management skills. Every defeat is brushed off with excuses and the occasional good 45 minutes hailed as proof that the corner has been turned. Personally I think we will stay up but I am not confident of it. I can quite easily see this bunch of players and manager either bottling it in crucial games or going into them with a "this is easy" mentality. Hope I'm wrong. :fingerscrossed:

This season reminds me a bit of 94/95, too many games without a goal interspersed with the odd gem of a result although I don't think there was the complacency that exists currently.

I think we may just stay up but it'll be squeaky bum time that's for sure.

So when did I say they werent good enough? Two players I rated when they were here.

A) what's your point

B) you are so sad trawling thru my posts or even remembering my posts... Get out more!

you asked me when you said it so I showed you.

I get out plenty. You should try it once you learn to tie your own shoes.

ARE YOU TOTALLY DISUSIONAL?! They have 2 games , nearly 3 in hand over us and if they win they will be on par if not above us !

Am I delusional? Or disusional as you so brilliantly put it. S****horpe won their first home game since August in the week and you think they'll win there next 3 games? Unlikely, very unlikely.

they just beat forest you moron......if they beat us and win one of their games in hand we are in dire straits......

Yeah they beat one good team so they must be amazing. We beat Cardiff so that we'll be fine as well? Like I said above it was their first home win since August and they will go town. The rationality of some is breathtaking. Scunny win one game and suddenly you think they're going to be flying up the table? Think you better look a bit closer to home with that moron comment...

I've never said those two players were not good enough and changed my mind when they had gone like you suggested I would do with mcallister

FFS, Riaz dosen't along with quite a few others rate Mcalister, just like the army of people who detest LJ.

The interesting thing is Mcalister was being held up by many as a GJ reject inherited by Millen and now we find that Millen is actually obsessed with the guy, every time he is injured that's all we here about for a week, still there's another excuse de-bunked.

Bottom line with macca is that we sorely miss him when he's out the team

When he's fit he's our best left back, problem is even as our best left back, hes still not very good, hence why millen was after jones

He;s our ONLY left bank and has been for to long that is the problem when is out a centre half gets played out of position. Yes he went for Jones...but both Millen and Johnson before neglected this posistion.

Bottom line with macca is that we sorely miss him when he's out the team

When he's fit he's our best left back, problem is even as our best left back, hes still not very good, hence why millen was after jones

Exactly, in fact when you look at it both of our present full backs are past their sell by dates, they are at times liabilities but being the only fit options, we miss them when they ain't there, having said that it is not the best plan ever going into the last quarter of a relegation battle with 2 dodgy full backs.

FFS, Riaz dosen't along with quite a few others rate Mcalister, just like the army of people who detest LJ.

This is nothing like LJ. Most could'nt see past the fact his dad was manager. With Mcallister, I actually rated him in his first couple of seasons. Also, I would give Mcallister credit if he had a good game. Some of the people who hate LJ, would never give him credit. It's funny how leicester fans could also see he was a weak link in our team.

To be honest with you, I'm surprised there is much debate about it, it should be clear to anyone who watches the game, that he is very poor.

Archived