IGNORED

Steve Lansdown.... Time To Sort This Mess Out

LoyalRed

We are now in freefall and WILL GO DOWN!

Unfortunately it is time to be ruthless and get someone in. Even getting GJ in would save us at the moment. Getting no-one in and we will be in league 1 next season as we can't win a game. Millen seems a nice guy but ain't up to it I'm afraid.

Unfortunately it is time to be ruthless and get someone in. Even getting GJ in would save us at the moment. Getting no-one in and we will be in league 1 next season as we can't win a game. Millen seems a nice guy but ain't up to it I'm afraid.

Deluded is to kind!!!!! Johnson broke the club, the reason he was sacked. Shall i go on?????

Don`t suppose you could give me next weeks lottery numbers please.

Post in haste, repent at leisure.

PDG

Why let facts get in the way of backing up your view tho eh Dolly. Half of these people dont even go so wouldnt know that, they just like a good moan.

Exactly, but then that guy is a complete tosser so I don't think it's worth the time and effort trying to explain to him.

Never before have a i seen such a bunch of deluded pillocks than some of the people that support this club, some still think we have a good squad and patently refuse to accept that sadly the majority of our squad is complete garbage and has been for 3 years now, but still we have morons claiming that we should be looking at players who are regular bench warmers at decent prem sides.

I truly believe we have some of the worst and most deluded fans in the country.

What's your problem?! We just narrowly lost to the form side in the diivision! why are you having a nose blead about it?! if anything we should be gutted we didn't get a point out of the game. As someone else said the next biggy is scunny we HAVE to win that game. If we lose at watford and against scunny then you might have a point but coming out with this after narrowly losing to an on form team is just madness.

Calm your hormones down, breath and move on. You can't seriously have EXCPECTED us to win tonight?

How many times has it been said, we deserved a point, we played well. End of the matter is playing well is all well and good but points on the board is what we need and pretty damn quick.

We can't keep relying on teams below us to keep messing up, pretty footy or ugly footy we need to find a way to get some points and I don't care how.

Why are people saying did you expect us to win, if we are good enough we would of, at the moment we are not. If that's the managers fault or players fault I don't know but if people think the manager is the right man then we should be winning at places like Leicester.

Manager good enough don't know, players good enough yes they are but we need to play as a team not individuals and this is our downfall at moment we have good players but not a good team.

We lost, i expressed my dissapointment, guess that makes me a ******* idiot.

No it doesn't. I just don't think it's 'over' yet. We're not relegated yet and believe Millen can still save us. We're still in a better position than a number of teams below us. I don't think we were ever expected to win tonight and as a result feel like you calling for millens head is a bit of an over reaction.

Don't get me wrong, I KNOW we're in trouble but i dont think sacking millen is going to help our cause. We beat Preston 4-0 (great result) then lost to Leeds and Leicester both of whom are play-off chasing. There's nothing out of the ordinary in that. As a said before scunny is the big one. if we can get a point at watford and beat scunny then things look a lot better again.

COYR!!

What a load of utter crap from the arnchair massive!

Deserved a point tonight and would have got it bar a freak deflection!

More gutted than annoyed right now, well until I saw threads like this

at the end of the day i do not give a toss about hard luck stories over the course of a season if you go down you deserve to go down because you are not good enough.......just because we played better tonight means nothing because we got nothing......we are in dire straits and your love in of millen is getting tedious......him and his silent twerp wigley are worse than i have ever seen as a management duo

Please shut up and get a grip that was the hardest game we have between now and the end of the season, Leeds, Swansea, Cardiff and QPR are all out of the way and the teams bellow us all have to face them if we don't beat Doncaster and Sheffield United then were looking shaky!

Please shut up and get a grip that was the hardest game we have between now and the end of the season, Leeds, Swansea, Cardiff and QPR are all out of the way and the teams bellow us all have to face them if we don't beat Doncaster and Sheffield United then were looking shaky!

no dont think i will to be honest drybread

Maybe you could change your name to utterly clueless and disloyal red? You haven't looked at our run in have you!

What do your propose Lansdown does? Sack Millen now?

I'm sure Harry has the stats and will prove me wrong but I rarely think that makes a difference after Xmas.

Funnily enough fella, I can give you a little bit of insight.

13 to 18 games prior to a sacking, a Manager gains on average 1.25 points per game.

7 to 12 games prior to a sacking, a Manager gains on average 1.1 points per game.

1 to 6 games prior to a sacking, a Manager gains on average 1.05 points per game.

So, we can see the steady decline of the teams average points per game, before the Chairman gets his itchy trigger finger and does the deed.

The new man then comes in, so what do we get :

1 to 6 games after being hired, a Manager gains on average 1.35 points per game.

7 to 12 games after being hired, a Manager gains on average 1.4 points per game.

13 to 18 games after being hired, a Manager gains on average 1.25 points per game.

So, on average, there is an initial upturn in fortunes, with games 7-12 yielding the highest average. Thereafter, the decline begins again and the team reverts back to the same performance levels as they were achieving 13-18 games before the sacking.

So, in the longer term, the impact of changing the Manager is pretty negligible, however, over the short / immediate term, it does, on average, provide an upturn in fortunes.

Considering we now have 14 games remaining, removing the existing management at the end of the season would suggest a points return of around 15. That'll leave us on 50 points.

If we were to change the management now, on average we should expect to yield around 19 points, leaving us on 54 come the end of the season.

So, 50 points with Millen or 54 points with a new man. That's the impact.

I must stress that this is ON AVERAGE. For some teams the change will bring a higher tally, for some a lower tally. It does not work for everyone. Ultimately though, what we can say with confidence is that a change of manager over the longer term does not provide any true benefit, as the players on average will revert back to type and provide the same average points tally as they did under the old management. This possibly suggests that unless you change the manager and the majority of the players, it won't make much difference.

:read:

if we dont beat doncaster, sheff utd and scunny then we deserve to go down

Archived