IGNORED

Steve Lansdown.... Time To Sort This Mess Out

LoyalRed

Funnily enough fella, I can give you a little bit of insight.

13 to 18 games prior to a sacking, a Manager gains on average 1.25 points per game.

7 to 12 games prior to a sacking, a Manager gains on average 1.1 points per game.

1 to 6 games prior to a sacking, a Manager gains on average 1.05 points per game.

Oh, and just to add, Millen's current record would be :

13 - 18 games ago = 2.17 average points per game.

7 - 12 games ago = 0.83 average points per game.

1 - 6 games ago = 0.67 average points per game.

So, KM's record over the last 12 games is incredibly poor even compared to the average sacked manager. Also, our last 12 games averaged over a whole season, would give us a grand total of 34.5 points. Mmmmm...that would equal certain relegation.

Make of that what you will???????????

Sounded like a decent performance tonight despite the result, dont see Millen is due much criticism as an isolated game.

I was a massive fan of Johnson but he isnt an end of season saviour type, he needs time to implement his methods thus his appointment would do much more harm than good, in my opinion clearly.

Oh, and just to add, Millen's current record would be :

13 - 18 games ago = 2.17 average points per game.

7 - 12 games ago = 0.83 average points per game.

1 - 6 games ago = 0.67 average points per game.

So, KM's record over the last 12 games is incredibly poor even compared to the average sacked manager. Also, our last 12 games averaged over a whole season, would give us a grand total of 34.5 points. Mmmmm...that would equal certain relegation.

Make of that what you will???????????

Great stats harry, ive said for a long time i want Millen out and nothings changed, even a good performance tonight has yielded 0 points weather it was unlucky is irrelevant.

People think Millen is going to wave this magic wand in the summer and everything wil be great again next season, as ive stated before, If we keep millen we will certainly go down next year and your stats back up what i and others have been saying for a while, all i keep hearing is excuses for Millen, what will these same people be saying when were bottom and heading straight for league 1 next season (we will stay up just this year)?

You can question my loyalty for the club all you like as that seems to be a favourite thing to do with the pro millen brigade when you have differing views as i dont really give a **** what the majority on here think, I will be t watford though on tuesday hoping for a win, that will not change my views though, Millen is not the man to manage this club at this time.

Have to confess I don't understand this confusion that exists between the Lansdown that we understandably admire for generously bankrolling this club and without doubt attempting to move the club forwards, albeit for his own probably self interested reasons and the Lansdown who has to my mind made a singular good decision as a Chairman in appointing GJ in a right place, right time sort of way and prior to and since that moment made a catalogue of poor and contradictory decisions , Tinnion, Millen being the two most obvious.

My great concern is his inability to recognize these mistakes and more so the fact that even with managers that are visibly failing he continues to allow them to expand the squad almost in the hope that if they buy enough players eventually they'll create a team that suceeds and justifies his initial decision. Hideously random. I'm not convinced on a footballing front that we have a strategy at all and in that financial guru type of way , as many have stated I believe his main aim is to leave us a stadium as a legacy and accept the fact that he wouldn't know a good manager if he stood in front of him and told him he was a good manager, which curiously enough is how I think he comes to appoint them.

Basically Steve sign the cheques if you want, accept the plaudits and please allow someone who knows what he's doing to run the club.

Have to confess I don't understand this confusion that exists between the Lansdown that we understandably admire for generously bankrolling this club and without doubt attempting to move the club forwards, albeit for his own probably self interested reasons and the Lansdown who has to my mind made a singular good decision as a Chairman in appointing GJ in a right place, right time sort of way and prior to and since that moment made a catalogue of poor and contradictory decisions , Tinnion, Millen being the two most obvious.

My great concern is his inability to recognize these mistakes and more so the fact that even with managers that are visibly failing he continues to allow them to expand the squad almost in the hope that if they buy enough players eventually they'll create a team that suceeds and justifies his initial decision. Hideously random. I'm not convinced on a footballing front that we have a strategy at all and in that financial guru type of way , as many have stated I believe his main aim is to leave us a stadium as a legacy and accept the fact that he wouldn't know a good manager if he stood in front of him and told him he was a good manager, which curiously enough is how I think he comes to appoint them.

Basically Steve sign the cheques if you want, accept the plaudits and please allow someone who knows what he's doing to run the club.

It's a gair point. His appointments have- Johnson apart- not been great. On the other hand he does pay the bills so it is a hard one.

Solvency apart though, I'm convinced- utterly convinced- that the most important decision that a chairman can make is getting the correct manager. If he does that, things have a good chance of falling into place- if not money, time and effort will, for want of a better phrase, be pissed up the wall essentially. Maybe a DOF could be worth considering.

Just got back from Leicester

I'd comment on how we played but it wouldnt matter as the armchairs have already decided what happened on the field and it's worthless trying to agree against it

I can only concur wirh what someone else has already said, we have some off the worst fans in the league

I'd comment on how we played but it wouldnt matter as the armchairs have already decided what happened on the field and it's worthless trying to agree against it

I can only concur wirh what someone else has already said, we have some off the worst fans in the league

I'd like to hear your comments mate

You realize I do this with my kids team. Hopefully he won't read this but statistically and visibly they are one of the poorest teams in their league. On occassions they put in a surprisingly good performance which we big up to raise everyones moral but inevitably it follows a close defeat and the fact is we're already planning for next season and everyone recognizes that in our league we're out of our depth and the players aren't good enough. Now in a parallel universe......

Excellent post, like Mr Popolopodous I reckon Steve Lansdown's major failing has been been a general overall failing in not appointing the best available manager at the right time. OK I'll contradict myself because the appointment of Gary Johnson was the right manager at the right time but Steve Lansdown held onto him for a season too long. With the hindsight we now have, the appointment of Cop-Out was a big mistake and Keith Millen has been left to pick up the pieces and he's finding that job too tough. We've had far too many home losses under Keith Millen's time at the helm. With football being a results based entertainment industry those home losses will eventually tell with a fall in the number of bods coming through the turnstiles.

I'm sure Steve Lansdown will get us the new stadium but my priority - if I were Chairman with the resources of Steve Lansdown - would be to bring top flight football back to Bristol.

What do you mean, broke the club?

Well it was widly known that Johnson fell out big time with a lot of the squad shorlty before he left, even having a now proven scuffle with Sproule at Plymouth.

The team were playing poorly and Johnson hit back with small mans syndrome by belittling certain players on the training pitch.

He lost the plot with the playing staff he brought in to the club when we were under pressure, most were shite yet expensive.

And he lost the love of the fans as well.

I suppose "broke" was a tad harsh, but he has played a major part as to why we are struggling now.

Sadly, KM has had to pick up all the peices and it is proving to be a struggle.

Will say that Millens signings in general have been good

Well it was widly known that Johnson fell out big time with a lot of the squad shorlty before he left, even having a now proven scuffle with Sproule at Plymouth.

The team were playing poorly and Johnson hit back with small mans syndrome by belittling certain players on the training pitch.

He lost the plot with the playing staff he brought in to the club when we were under pressure, most were shite yet expensive.

I suppose "broke" was a tad harsh, but he has played a major part as to why we are struggling now.

I agree with this, I can remember saying 12 months before he got sacked.....Johnson should have gone. It was after the 1-1 at home to Ipswich on the Easter, when they equalised with a late penalty?? I can remember saying it in work a few days later, and people scoffed at me as it wasnt even 12 months after the play-off final. You could just see we had gone stale and he was out of ideas. There was only one direction we were going to head from then on....backwards.

When he did eventually go, Millen fair play to him, steadied the ship. However, this happens a lot in football, a manager walks and it revitalises the unhappy players. Ive done it myself....I took over a team bottom of the league once, a team where the players didnt get on with the manager, and we won 6 of our last 7 and came mid table. Ok, not proffessional by any means.....but you get the point.

I know you say Millen has had to pick up the pieces, however although Johnson was manager, Millen was his assistant. People need to realise that assistants dont just sit there and nod....they do have input to. Johnson ran out of ideas, so that says to me that "team Johson / Millen"....ran out of ideas. If Millen had / has all the right answers, why didnt he do a bit more over the last couple of years to implement it??

Some people have since made out GJ was a bully and ruled by some kind of dictatorship. Maybe he did lose the plot at the end, and maybe he did start suffering with little man syndrome when the pressure got to him.....but Im guessing this was more to do with the fact he out stayed his welcome, and ran out of ideas. Lansdown should have done the best thing for the club AND Gary, long long before. #

Do I believe gary was a bully for his whole tenure???............. not a chance,

Arn I normally think your a reasonable poster but can't agree with your views on gj, to say gj broke the club is quite frankly laughable and IMO a disgracefull thing to say about the man who united this club top to bottom than any other man in my lifetime.

I agree with this, I can remember saying 12 months before he got sacked.....Johnson should have gone. It was after the 1-1 at home to Ipswich on the Easter, when they equalised with a late penalty?? I can remember saying it in work a few days later, and people scoffed at me as it wasnt even 12 months after the play-off final. You could just see we had gone stale and he was out of ideas. There was only one direction we were going to head from then on....backwards.

When he did eventually go, Millen fair play to him, steadied the ship. However, this happens a lot in football, a manager walks and it revitalises the unhappy players. Ive done it myself....I took over a team bottom of the league once, a team where the players didnt get on with the manager, and we won 6 of our last 7 and came mid table. Ok, not proffessional by any means.....but you get the point.

I know you say Millen has had to pick up the pieces, however although Johnson was manager, Millen was his assistant. People need to realise that assistants dont just sit there and nod....they do have input to. Johnson ran out of ideas, so that says to me that "team Johson / Millen"....ran out of ideas. If Millen had / has all the right answers, why didnt he do a bit more over the last couple of years to implement it??

Some people have since made out GJ was a bully and ruled by some kind of dictatorship. Maybe he did lose the plot at the end, and maybe he did start suffering with little man syndrome when the pressure got to him.....but Im guessing this was more to do with the fact he out stayed his welcome, and ran out of ideas. Lansdown should have done the best thing for the club AND Gary, long long before. #

Do I believe gary was a bully for his whole tenure???............. not a chance,

You're definately right about Gary Johnson - Steve Lansdown and Co held onto him for too long as he'd run out of ideas and all the home draws proved that. Now we've got Gary Johnson's former No 2 in charge and we're in home loss territory. We really are struggling now and have been for most of the season. This is down to nothing other than the club taking the wrong options when it comes to management appointments. We've spent a fortune on players with very little to show for the investment. You can have the best players in the championship but without the right calibre management team you'll not see maximium benefit.

However, I still believe that Millen and Co wouldn't be struggling so much had they found a like for like replacement for Paul Hartley in central midfield. Perhaps Keith Millen can turn this mess around - because some of his signings have been good - but it's looking less and less likely.

We are now in freefall and WILL GO DOWN!

Unfortunately it is time to be ruthless and get someone in. Even getting GJ in would save us at the moment. Getting no-one in and we will be in league 1 next season as we can't win a game. Millen seems a nice guy but ain't up to it I'm afraid.

Utter crap!!!!

BCAGFC

sorry time is up he has to go now,

Playing well and losing great we'll end up relgated but playing well,

The club is a joke the players aren't performing the manager hasn't got a clue

and all this "Johnson broke the club" are you a f ing joke? John got us promotion and never finished outside the top 10,

THIS MILLENS MESS not johnsons not coppells MILLENs!!!

He had a hand signing every single player at this club for the last 10 years....

Call me an armchair fan if you like but i've spent thousends at this club i have renewed my season ticket for next season but unless millen leaves we'll be playing yeovil orient and exeter instead of west ham middlesborough and leeds

Millen go now!

and all this "Johnson broke the club" are you a f ing joke? John got us promotion and never finished outside the top 10,

He had a hand signing every single player at this club for the last 10 years....

Call me an armchair fan if you like but i've spent thousends at this club i have renewed my season ticket for next season but unless millen leaves we'll be playing yeovil orient and exeter instead of west ham middlesborough and leeds

Millen go now!

I laughed at this

Millen go now!

Ahem, Keith Millen got us to 10th last season NOT GJ, everything changed after GJ left.

BCAGFC

that would be more valid if Millen hadnt taken over for the last 9 games last season.

he picked up the pieces then and did very well so I dont see how Johnson is to blame for anything since. If we were top 6 right now Millen would rightly be getting the plaudits. As it is we're 19th so he's got to take responsibility fo that too.

that would be more valid if Millen hadnt taken over for the last 9 games last season.

he picked up the pieces then and did very well so I dont see how Johnson is to blame for anything since. If we were top 6 right now Millen would rightly be getting the plaudits. As it is we're 19th so he's got to take responsibility fo that too.

Don't forget we had, Hartley, Orr & a fit & confident MAYNARD....

Had we had those players this season, we might be in a different position.

BCAGFC

We are now in freefall and WILL GO DOWN!

Unfortunately it is time to be ruthless and get someone in. Even getting GJ in would save us at the moment. Getting no-one in and we will be in league 1 next season as we can't win a game. Millen seems a nice guy but ain't up to it I'm afraid.

Maybe just maybe so you should think about changing your user name as i dont think you are very loyal for some reason.

and Millen was here all through that and knew they needed replacing before they even left

Hartley cannot be replaced cheaply, (750k to £1m+ IMO), playmakers like him are few and far between.

Hunt was brought in by the spineless one, not half the player Orr was.

Stead (our form has dropped since losing him) & Pitman (inexperienced at this level) were brought in and have done well but neither will get you a goal out of the blue like Maynard can.

BCAGFC

Hartley cannot be replaced cheaply, (750k to £1m+ IMO), playmakers like him are few and far between.

Hunt was brought in by the spineless one, not half the player Orr was.

Stead (our form has dropped since losing him) & Pitman (inexperienced at this level) were brought in and have done well but neither will get you a goal out of the blue like Maynard can.

BCAGFC

the manager has spent plenty. he hasnt strengthened those areas for one reason or another. Thas his decision that he must stand by.

Great he has done good for us Landsdown but your right mate. When Danny Wilson was here we had a great set up and played the best Football ever in my time as a fan but Steven Landsdown cocked it up but butting in to team affairs.

Archived