IGNORED

Steve Lansdown - Stick To Your Guns

Port Said Red

Hornbeamred,What a terrific opening post. I wish I had the patience to construct such a balanced and well contructed thread.There are far too many fans who think a successfull season is a god given right and they get angry and impatient when it doesn't happen. Its all the managers fault of course.Millen is starting to gradually re-build and re-building takes time. Didn't it take Ferguson several seasons before Man Utd won anything under him?

yeah. some fans even call a manager conferance standard after 5 months in charge and then look a right tit when he goes on to win promotion and establish them in the Championship.

imagine the sort of idiot that does that.

Personally if SL does cave in to the ill informed clamour on here then I think that will probably be it for me,

Are you really saying that if SL decides Millen is the wrong man for the job then that decision will lead you to withdraw your support for City after 45 years?

I find that incredible.

There is no 'clamour' for Millen to go - there is huge concern about our league position and his own capabilities but what I mostly see on this forum is apathy and complacency. IF KM goes at the end of the season it will be nothing to do with a clamour from the fans - as yet, there has been nothing approaching a clamour. It would be because SL recognises that it simply hasn't worked and a change would be in the best interests of the club.

What exactly has KM really done for this club to inspire such loyalty from you that you state there may be no future for you as a BCFC fan if he goes? Your loyalty to Millen apparently outweighs your loyalty to the club, well, you must be one of very few in that respect.

It will be a shame if you withdraw your support for Bristol City but SL will no doubt balance this with the likelihood that for every hornbeamred there are probably dozens of others who will not be renewing under KM unless we see massive improvement and very belated signs that he has the qualities required to make financially supporting BCFC an enjoyable experience again next season.

Hornbeamred,What a terrific opening post. I wish I had the patience to construct such a balanced and well contructed thread.There are far too many fans who think a successfull season is a god given right and they get angry and impatient when it doesn't happen. Its all the managers fault of course.Millen is starting to gradually re-build and re-building takes time. Didn't it take Ferguson several seasons before Man Utd won anything under him?

You're quite right. Given time I'm sure KM will become as successful as Sir Alex Ferguson.

Yes, and he had never managed before. If we had appointed him before he had the Newcastle job people on here would have called it a crazy appointment because of his lack of managerial experience.

Yes but THE point is he 'did a great job at newcastle' Not that because Newcastle took the initial gamble and it paid off handsomely we will be rewarded by the same token with Millen.

You have made completely the wrong analogy of the previous posters comment.

Yes but THE point is he 'did a great job at newcastle' Not that because Newcastle took the initial gamble and it paid off handsomely we will be rewarded by the same token with Millen.

You have made completely the wrong analogy of the previous posters comment.

No.... With the players Newcastle had in the Championship last season any manager would probably have got them up.

He had a Premier league squad in the Championship.

No.... With the players Newcastle had in the Championship last season any manager would probably have got them up.

He had a Premier league squad in the Championship.

While it is true that they had a somewhat superior squad to the rest of the division, they had all sorts of turmoil off the pitch. Their list of managers in a year and a half leading up to it read: Allardyce, Keegan, Kinnear, Shearer plus two brief and unsuccessful spells as caretaker for Hughton! In addition to which, arguably when Leeds came down they had a pretty good squad but they are only now getting back somewhere close to where they were when they reached the playoffs 5 years ago, Portsmouth's squad- despite its decimation over the last 2 years- still has some quality in it but they are probably below where they should be.

Totally agree - watched the highlights of the leicester game and we deserved far ore than we got. We are in a relegation battle no question but I think changing now would be a disaster especially as km has built a squad capable of challenging for promotion next year.

I agree with most of what Hornbeam says. The bit about Millen being the bit I disagree with, as I dont personally dont think the man is cut out to be a manager. what your saying is only valid if we get a manager, who can inspire or lead the team. KM may well have built the team, dont mean he can take it there..

Archived