IGNORED

Surely Time To Gamble Keith

MC Risk

Not sure what anyone else thinks about this given our current plight and the fact we seem bereft of goals this year (cardiff and preston apart),

Is it too early for Maynard to start? but i think its now time to change it and play our two best finishers in a 4-4-2 from the start,

I would like to see us line up like this tomorrow

James

Carey

Caulker

Fontaine

Mcallister (fitness pending)

Adomah

Elliott

Johnson

Campbell-Ryce (cant believe im saying this)

Pitman

Maynard

At least this looks a little more of a goal threat on paper, with genuine pace in Maynard and adomah.....and hopefully Campbell-ryce can be instructed to get the crosses in rather than trying to beat his fullback three times

Maybe a little early to gamble on Maynard from the start, but if we lose tomorrow he surely has to start on Saturday

Thoughts?

Agree with the formation but not the team you've picked.

James

Carey

Caulker

Fonts

Macca

Albert

Elliott

Cisse- done nothing wrong IMO been our best player for the last few games

Woolford- give the lad a chance, was scunnys best player so there must be something there

Keogh

Pitman

Maynard

Clarkson

Jcr

Johnson

Nyatanga

Gerken

Agree with the formation but not the team you've picked.

James

Carey

Caulker

Fonts

Macca

Albert

Elliott

Cisse- done nothing wrong IMO been our best player for the last few games

Woolford- give the lad a chance, was scunnys best player so there must be something there

Keogh

Pitman

Maynard

Clarkson

Jcr

Johnson

Nyatanga

Gerken

doh totally forgot about woolford.....apologies yes agree woolford not campbell-ryce please

Does anyone know the current situation with Steads injury, I cannot remember how long he is out for. (Injury updates on the main forum aren't particularly current) I would love to see a Maynard/Stead strikeforce, but I guess thats one for the future, if they can both remain fit.

At sometime in a game I would like to see Ivan given a run in a central position. I just feel that if we can get him the ball in the "hole" he can run at the central defenders.

It's worth a gamble,sometime somewhere.

Can remember Gordon Owen doing this all those years ago and his running at big centre halts with pace scared them to death.

At sometime in a game I would like to see Ivan given a run in a central position. I just feel that if we can get him the ball in the "hole" he can run at the central defenders.

It's worth a gamble,sometime somewhere.

Can remember Gordon Owen doing this all those years ago and his running at big centre halts with pace scared them to death.

Interesting thought about Ivan. He usually runs until he goes over the white line anyway so if he's in the middle perhaps he will run it straight into the net!!

I guess only KM and the coaching staff know how near Nicky Maynard is to full fitness and the fact that he's played around 30 minutes in both his appearances so far suggests that he's not that near.

I understand the argument of starting with Maynard and replacing him when he's knackered, but for me he should stay a sub until we are confident that he can play for at least a minimum of an hour.

What I understand much less is why Pitman isn't starting instead of him, I think KM has gone back to his first selections of this season by playing Clarkson behind a main striker in a 4-4-1-1, the defensive solidity of which is also re-emphasised by Cisse (rightly, IMO) starting instead of Johnson.

However Keogh, hard worker that he is, isn't exactly prolific and hasn't been throughout his career, either, so for me it should be either him or Clarkson as the withdrawn second striker if he chooses that formation, behind a poacher like Pitman or when fully fit, Maynard.

I thought this line up looked pretty terrible against Leicester until things were changed!

I prefer the current system we are playing.

James

Carey

Caulker

Fontaine

Mcallister

Cisse

Elliott

Adomah

Clarkson

Woolford

Keogh

Gerken

Stewart

Nyatanga

Johnson

Campbell-Ryce

Pitman

Maynard

Any combination of City strikers won't be successfull without decent service and Pitman and Maynard are not exactly hard workers.

Given the right service I'm sure they could form a partnership but I don't see that happening tomorrow night.

Maynard is the only striker we have who can create somthing out of nothing

doh totally forgot about woolford.....apologies yes agree woolford not campbell-ryce please

And Macca's out too so all change again, did like your team after you swopped Wooly for JCR though.

The pitch looked pretty bad after the Saracens game at the weekend, think it'll be a battle.

These formation threads are always a giggle and a bit of an indication of braincells !!!!!

Why don't we do ten at the back !

At least then will draw are remaining games and have enough points to stay up !!!!!!

Errr......,?

wasnt really a formation thread, more of asking an opinion of whether we should take a gamble on Maynard as indicated by the thread title......i just included the team i would like to see!!!

Cheers DryBread

Archived