IGNORED

Albert Needs A Rest

cityfan

Substituted after 45 minutes the other week and now he is back playing already!

All I can say is that he clearly didn't need much of a rest and the 'gap up' to this level of football for him clearly isn't that bad.

What a fickle few weeks.

Be careful of what you say, it comes back to haunt you!

PS Clearly we haven't a clue who should play up front as Maynard is not fit for 90 minutes, but starts tonight and Clarkson starts alongside having gone back to midfield in recent games. Meanwhile our top goal scorer, Pitman is on the bench and our loan striker, Keogh 9Who won't succeed here) is already relegated to the bench!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saying a player needs a rest is PC speak for a player not being fit enough. Two thirds of the way through a season that is inexcusable if correct and harks back to the very correct comment Bucksred made yesterday re fitness within the squad

Well he looks fit enough to me

He is our player of the season so far - by a country mile

And I started this thread because if he needs a rest, why is he starting a game again so soon? I don't believe that was true unless he has recovered very very quickly!

Well he looks fit enough to me

He is our player of the season so far - by a country mile

And I started this thread because if he needs a rest, why is he starting a game again so soon? I don't believe that was true unless he has recovered very very quickly!

I think it was more the fact people were marking him out of the game, and unfortunately the rest of the squad arn't good enough to take advantage of this. Just because he missed one week out doesn't mean Millen suddenly doesn't know what he's doing. Adomah is young, and perhaps just one week off was all that's needed.

What an insightful and wise post.

Being dropped for one game seems to have been enough to give Albert the nudge he needed. I thought he was brilliant against Leeds and seems to be back bang on form. Sounds like decent management to me. Also, it reflects extremely well on Albert - his attitude is exceptional.

Apologies if I offend anyone by giving our manager some credit.

Archived