IGNORED

Pitmans Goal

Bar BS3

Just seen Pitman's goal from last night.

What a finish! Listening on player last night it sounded as though he was though on goal, so assumed centrally, bit like Preston, but he was way out wide with only the smallest sight of the target.

I can see why KM was saying he was screaming at him to go to the corner! there was no way a shot even looked on!

Make sure you see it!

:englandsmile4wf:

Saw the goals on SSN this morning and Pitman's strike was certainly impressive.

That said, it was a risky shot to take at such a tight angle and had he missed or the keeper saved it then Keogh who had a simple tap in at the far post would have gone mad. I noticed that Keogh didn't celebrate at all.

Saw the goals on SSN this morning and Pitman's strike was certainly impressive.

That said, it was a risky shot to take at such a tight angle and had he missed or the keeper saved it then Keogh who had a simple tap in at the far post would have gone mad. I noticed that Keogh didn't celebrate at all.

Of course it was risky. If players always took the simple, no risk option then you would never see a goal scored from outside the penalty area!

I know what you are saying, but it is the ols addage, if you don't shoot, you don't score. Only problem would have been if he had missed and they went straight down the other end and equalised!

How different this forum would be today if that happened!!!

Absolutely agree.

How many times have we all screamed shoot, only for us to keep passing the ball around the box until we eventually loose it.

If you don't shoot, you don't score, so more of the same please.

Of course it was risky. If players always took the simple, no risk option then you would never see a goal scored from outside the penalty area!

I know what you are saying, but it is the ols addage, if you don't shoot, you don't score. Only problem would have been if he had missed and they went straight down the other end and equalised!

How different this forum would be today if that happened!!!

I'd like to say I thought Nicky's was better due to the build up and finish,

Good quick throw by lewin decent cross good dummy and a postioning and finish a real credit to the team,

Great header by Elliot also with a player who can cross the ball (Again nicky)

still a good finish from pitamn

I think Pitman's was down to frustration at not starting (and not just this game), and a message which said 'now don't pick'. Who is our top scorer this year? Why can't Pitman start with Maynard, both workers, both skilful and both goal scorers. Clarkson in midfield I was reading the other day!!!???

I think KM has his favourites, something he inherited from GJ, cos after all what is constantly playing McCallister all about!!??

Archived