IGNORED

Keith Millen & The Future Of Bcfc

Spike

There is no such things as 'Maktub' Our future is is our own hands, I fully support Keith 100% the same as i support SL, the board all the playing staff, back room staff, tea lady and stewards and fans!

There is no room in me for for anything less than 100% backing and support, its not my job to question SL or KM, I know my part and thats to support BCFC as best I can, its MY team too, I would want nothing less that 100% support from YOU!

United we stand divided we fall

Do you want Millen to stay or to go? - Having read the other responses I feel I maybe in the minority. Go. I would agree that he has had to deal with the Coppell fallout and I've never known a season where we've had so many injuries. However I feel tactically at times we've been very naive(woolford is an "out and out left winger" keith players him on the right?!), as a former centerhalf to have yet to sort out what at times could be called pathetic defending is wrong. To everyone on this forum and in the stands week in week out it's been clear we've needed a leftback and creative midfielder for at least 18 months and despite bringing in 6 players (on loan and permantly) so far not one has been in these positions. I just don't feel he's capable of moving this club onto the next level. I hope I'm proved wrong.

Where are you content with Bristol City sitting in the Championship? - We should realistically be in the top half of the table, the odd flirtation with the play offs would be nice

Do you care if Bristol City reach the Premier League in the next ten years? - It's not the be all and end all but It would be great not just for the expirence but the fianance. I've had a season ticket for 15 years and have already got next next years and no matter what division we happen to be gracing I, god willing will still be a season ticket holder.

How old are you? - 26

Keith Millen to stay or go? I wasn't in favour of his appointment and I remain unconvinced. He has some good points, of course, but some notable question marks as to his suitability remain. I wouldn't change now, transfer windows have come and gone, the personnel is changing and it gets ever more difficult for a new manager to come in and make his own changes. It now looks like the chances are we'll stay up, but it's important for KM's future that we stay up comfortably on our own merits and not just because 3 other teams are even worse. The most pertinent point is that the Chairman has put his faith in KM and seems steadfast that no change will be made.Therefore we have little choice but to support KM, hope for the best, and see what the end of the season brings.

Where are you content with City sitting in the Championship? City were in the old 2nd division when I started supporting them, and barring the evolvement of an extraordinary group of players I see mid table/pushing for play offs in this division as our natural optimum position in the football pyramid, now as well as then. I don't expect promotion - I want to enjoy the ride supporting the club in this division and ensure we don't get relegated. The odd cup run - which seems to be looked upon as very much of minor importance these days as the league is always seen as so important, is long overdue. I was at Leeds in '74 and it's not the sort of occasion you ever forget as a fan.I don't want BCFC seeing promotion to the Premier League as the be and end all and forever making it a priority to get there, while acruing massive debts and being hugely disappointed each year when it becomes evident that we're simply not good enough to make it. The last 2-3 seasons spent chasing the dream and all the pressure, both financial, and for results at all costs, that goes with it, have done nothing to enhance the experience of going to AG, in fact for me it has reduced the enjoyment significantly. If promotion happens, it happens, but we really are not a club who should look at promotion as it's ambition every season.

Do you care if City reach the Premier League in the next ten years? Not at all, I don't like the Premier League so I don't hanker for City to be part of it. It doesn't matter that much to me which division City are in as long as it's enjoyable going to the Gate. I don't necessarily see City in the Premier League as being enjoyable for us fans who would no doubt witness many humiliating home defeats, and have to fork out alot more money for the privilege. Premier League football would only really benefit the glory hunting, present day Premier League armchair fans in Bristol who would no doubt flock to the Gate to watch the opposition. We might even be outnumbered by neutrals and away supporters in our own ground which is not the atmosphere I want at home games.

14,000 passionate Bristolians at Ashton Gate supporting an entertaining Bristol City team holding their own in the Championship will do me fine.

It may be worth noting that this thread has come up immediately after a morale boosting away win which obviously counts in the manager's favour and is bound to lead to more charitable comments than if we had just lost again. It will be interesting to see how comments change if we lose the next 3!

How old are you? Only 52.

Would you be saying the same thing had Coppell still been here and we were sitting comfortable inside the play offs right now? I doubt it.

I am surprised by how many have seriously lowered their expectations because we have a rookie manager.

You misunderestimate me. I have thought that the Club has been moving in the wrong direction ever since the play-off finals, and I was one of the few with low expectations, even with Coppell in charge. You only had to look at what Johnson left to realise that it was going to take a while to clear out his 'clubs', rebuild the team, re-establish youth development and get the finances on a better footing. Not forgetting that fan expectation was far too high, and seemed to assume that SL was going to bale us out to the tune of £10 million+ per year. Any manager was going to struggle taking on the City job, and I'm just glad Coppell left before doing too much damage.

You misunderestimate me.

Not forgetting that fan expectation was far too high, and seemed to assume that SL was going to bale us out to the tune of £10 million+ per year.

That's a good word, misunderestimate.rolleyes.gif

Fan expectation has been largely led by the extremely ambitious pre season comments from the Chairman over the last few seasons.

Ridiculously too high, agreed, but you can't blame the fans for getting caught up in it when they so want it to be reality.

It will be interesting to see what the stated ambitions are for the club for next season, assuming City stay up.

Do you want Millen to stay or to go? Stay, any more changes would just cause more unrest, milly is getting to know his team.

Where are you content with Bristol City sitting in the Championship? Mid table/ pushing for play offs

Do you care if Bristol City reach the Premier League in the next ten years? Wouldnt care if they didnt, but would want us to give it a bloody good go!

How old are you? 17

Do you want Millen to stay or to go? Answer Sorry but I am still a little undecided by this one? Part of me says that he inherited a total crock of excrement and was really on a hiding to nothing from the start, but, the one image that haunts me is the vision of KM standing in his technical area looking vacantly into space when we are getting spanked (MIddlesboro home a perfect example). Little encouragement, little shouting and I really think that he just "might" be to nice??? Alright the team probably dont need the Johnson "Boxing gloves on" type but sometimes they need the famous Sir Alex "hairdryer" treatment and I really cannot see KM being able to deliver a Grade A bollocking which would "frighten" the players??? Also at times tactically he appears a little naive - I must admit that "if" KM is lacking in this area then surely this is where Steve Wigley should come to the fore, but, again there are times when we appear not to have a Plan "B"? Nice guy, clearly committed to BCFC, but I think the start of next season will provide a better barometer (And the support that SL shows him, both in giving him cash if required BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY giving Keith the money to pay for taxis out of Ashton for the likes of Hunt and a few others) on whether KM will have a long term future in the managers chair at Ashton.

Personally I would like to see KM stay BUT would be much happier if he had someone with a touch more experience "babysitting" him??? A Sam Allardyce / Chris Coleman type???

Where are you content with Bristol City sitting in the Championship? Answer After so many years desperately trying to get out of the First Division then in my opinion securing a Championship place is OK by me? That not withstanding YES, I would love to go back to Wembley in the play offs or even better, but, I am more than happy to continue to shell out my hard earned on a season ticket for Championship football but also expect to be entertained?

Do you care if Bristol City reach the Premier League in the next ten years? Answer It would be nice BUT personally after living through the Ashton 8 and days like that our long term financial security is just as important? Sometime when you have a minute sit down with a pencil and a piece of paper and on one side write down what you think the weekly wage bill (Just the playing staff) and then on the other side write down what you think the weekly financial income is via gate receipts etc. I will ABSOLUTELY GUARANTEE THAT THE FIGURE ON THE LEFT WILL DWARF THE FIGURE ON THE RIGHT and my concern that (even taking into account TV money) without SL presumably paying the shortfall from his own pocket then in a word we are WELL AND TRULY F@%*^$!!!

How old are you? Answer 19,334 days

PS - JUST WHERE IS WALSHY??? THOUGHT HE WAS A COACH BUT HAVE NOT SEEN HIM PRESENT AT A GAME THIS YEAR????

Do you want Millen to stay or to go? Survival is the key, wait till the end of the season, I think its too late to change managers. We need 11 points to be safe, think we can do that

Where are you content with Bristol City sitting in the Championship? Mid Table Obscurity is good after this and last season

Do you care if Bristol City reach the Premier League in the next ten years?. Would be good, but I wont lose sleep if we dont. We'll be a bottom half of Prem club anyway

How old are you? 53

Archived