IGNORED

Does Anyone On Here Bet Against City?

The Batman

I never have, but for a long time I've been tempted to stick a bit on 'double chance' against us (so I'd win money if City lost or drew). That way, either City win or I get a few quid. Either way it's a win win situation, although obviously I'd rather lose a little bit of cash and City win every week city.gif

Just curious really.

I never do. Although i have been tempted in all honesty.

Nope, but then again i never bet on city either, only done it once, up at Wigan a few years ago, chucked 20 quid on a 2-0 win at 11/1, we won but as wigan scored fairly late i found myself more irratated that i'd not won £220 than happy that we won, so decided never again.

Yep won on them losing at Leicester, hurts me to do it i but money when your'e betting is money, Maynard to Score anytime City win 2morrow fiver on that good bet, done the same with Yakubu and Leicester to win Leicester, had City though to win at Watford the price City to win against a struggling side like Watford to hard to fefuse Watford 8/15 on without half there team, knowing when to bet and not. City nearly 4/1

My worst experience ever was betting on a City win with Scott Murray scoring first and a scorecast of 3-1 City. We were 3-1 up in the last couple of mins with Scotty having scored the opener when it was deemed a good idea to bring on the fair haired kiddy who ended up at Sheff Utd I think (excuse me as I've been on the lager AND wine and have brain fade) who scored in the last minute or so to make it 4-1 and cost me around £600. I was the only City fan in the ground not on his feet cheering.

Bonus Brownie points for anyone who can recall the player (can't believe his name has escaped me) and the opposition that day.

Ps: alcohol bad. Don't do it, kids

My worst experience ever was betting on a City win with Scott Murray scoring first and a scorecast of 3-1 City. We were 3-1 up in the last couple of mins with Scotty having scored the opener when it was deemed a good idea to bring on the fair haired kiddy who ended up at Sheff Utd I think (excuse me as I've been on the lager AND wine and have brain fade) who scored in the last minute or so to make it 4-1 and cost me around £600. I was the only City fan in the ground not on his feet cheering.

Bonus Brownie points for anyone who can recall the player (can't believe his name has escaped me) and the opposition that day.

Ps: alcohol bad. Don't do it, kids

[/quote

Very bad i replied before deleting when did we beat Sheff Utd 4-1. Wow that must of hurt the pocket, Super Scotty Murray not your fav for a few days, but i'm sure you forgave him.

Around 2007-ish. Gambit wins first points. It was indeed DC. still no idea of the opposition and wouldn't remember if you said. I do remember Scotty had recently returned from injury. Knowing me ive probably got the score wrong too, although I'm not far out if not spot on. Still stings

Indeed! Good shout for play off final

Only times I've ever bet against city was twice in FA cup games, heybridge swifts away and ST Albans both games the were MASSIVE odds so was worth a fiver on the off chance if we did get beat I'd make a few quid

Did actually win £140 few years back when rovers lost in the cup to Hitchin

I sometimes bet against city on an acumulator - 50:50 record on that one

I bet £5 on each of the other teams in the po's in 2008 - yes I got odds of 2/1 on hull thus winning nothing - I knew this in the build up to wembley though

Does anyone else find themselves betting against a team that regularly pulls out mirculous results? wba for me this year - I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when my wba mate told me they were 3-0 up at arsenal

I sometimes bet against city on an acumulator - 50:50 record on that one

I bet £5 on each of the other teams in the po's in 2008 - yes I got odds of 2/1 on hull thus winning nothing - I knew this in the build up to wembley though

Does anyone else find themselves betting against a team that regularly pulls out mirculous results? wba for me this year - I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when my wba mate told me they were 3-0 up at arsenal

owen

remember when i told ya that we never win at deepdale???

guess what i did when we beat them a few weeks ago??

I was in the bookies and I bottled it thinking i would curse it. Mind you i did have money on wolves to beat man u that day so it wernt the worst day for betting.

owen

remember when i told ya that we never win at deepdale???

guess what i did when we beat them a few weeks ago??

I was in the bookies and I bottled it thinking i would curse it. Mind you i did have money on wolves to beat man u that day so it wernt the worst day for betting.

Wolves to do Man U, whats your outsider of 2day?

Although betting on city to loose sometimes fails - betting on city to win always fails, you did the right thing!

This year I put £3 on City 3-1 Cardiff because it was 50/1

15:05 2-0 Pandemonium

15:45 2-1 Squeeky Bum Time - i actually thought we'd do it :rofl2br:

16:05 2-2 Despair

I blame myself for that defeat

Only once. Last game a couple of seasons ago. Turned out to be a nice little earner and made very little difference to City. It was however more pleasing that the particular set of results meant Cardiff never made the play offs, despite being in the best position of all the teams in with a chance and that is worth more than all the tea in China!

As you can probably see I dislike Cardiff quite a bit and it's very difficult to make my many Cardiff supporting friends realise this, but I do my best, occurrences such as that one do help me in this quest!

Managed a 130/1 scorecast last season. Did a few silly £1 ers. Had Haynes or Maynard to score first and win 3-2. Twas a good saturday evening.

Best bet nowadays as mentioned is goals galore. Betfred offer 25/1 on there sections list for ten teams. I've had this a few times. Always the best prices in freds, i find. unless your betting online.

My first ever accumulator bet was the other weekend vs Leeds, with City as a draw, Cardiff, Swansea and Hull all winners and QPR drawing the following day. If we'd have drawn against them I'd have paid for my season ticket today.

Tuesday I bet on Watford to win along with Sheff Utd and Palarse. It was well worth the £3 to see all of them screw up :D

Archived