IGNORED

Does Anyone On Here Bet Against City?

The Batman

I do if I'd be happy with a point ie/Watford and Leicester recently. Problem is, if I don't fancy City getting a positive result neither do the bookies so odds are very short - I usually try and fix it though that should City lose I will receive approximatly enough for a pint of beer in compensation and for a fiver or whatever I'd buy a point or a win as the underdog given the opportunity.

If there's doubt in my mind I leave well alone.

I don't do betting - apart from buying a few goalden draw tickets at the home games, which I regard as more of a contribution to the club's finances, although I did win it once - about seven years ago.

Many years ago (early 1970's) I lived in a flat above an independent bookie's shop in a victorian terrace in Coventry.

From the front room you could look down on the street and see the punters turning up - mainly on foot or on bikes.

From the back room you could look down on the gated yard where the bookmaker parked his Jaguar car.

Need I say more about who wins (over time) in betting ?

I don't do betting - apart from buying a few goalden draw tickets at the home games, which I regard as more of a contribution to the club's finances, although I did win it once - about seven years ago.

Many years ago (early 1970's) I lived in a flat above an independent bookie's shop in a victorian terrace in Coventry.

From the front room you could look down on the street and see the punters turning up - mainly on foot or on bikes.

From the back room you could look down on the gated yard where the bookmaker parked his Jaguar car.

Need I say more about who wins (over time) in betting ?

Very true!! haha!

Still nice to cover City losing though!

I done know plenty of fella'a who have won a good wedge on a long shot (not very often mind)!!

Archived