IGNORED

My First Game For A While

The hand of RO'D

This was my first match Ive watched since the opening day, and due to finishing work early I thought Id go down the gate and cheer our boys on!

I thought as a unit we were very strong, marv and cisse worked hard all game the latter having the better of the match. Defensively we were strong admitedly against a very poor s****horpe side, correct me if I'm wrong but didnt they have 1 shot all game?

We showed glimpses of playing some very nice football but a few wayward route one balls pumped up field happened a little too often.

I know im no footy expert but I thought id give my own personal ratings from a balanced point of view as I dont get to see the match every week, so I wont be biased against good/bad performers week in week out.

James - 6

Purely for the fact he didnt have much to do.

Carey - 6

Looked quite comfortable at right back, for an ageing man still has the legs to make a few forward runs and get back into position.

Fontaine - 7

I watched Liam play a few times in our promotion season and our first one in the championship and I can only say what a player he has turned into, composed on the ball, great ball winner and reads plays well. Id rate him higher not for the fact he like the rest of our defence werent all that busy.

Stewart - 6

Big powerful lump who can win long balls all day long, looked a little indecisive at times but he hasnt had many matches.

Nyatanga - 5

I know LB isnt his natural position but for me personally, he seemed nervous, especially in the first 20 minutes. Grew into the game a little but didnt have much impact down the left.

Adomah - 7

I can see why Albert was rested at half time, he worked the right flank like there was no tomorrow. Great feet, a couple of really dangerous near post crosses and didnt stop running for the first 45.

Cisse - 8

Plays what I think is a vital role, I wont compare him to makalele as that just wouldnt be fair but went about his job brilliantly. Made some great tackles and his work ethic is outstanding

Elliot - 6

Worked hard but a couple of heavy touches let him down. Has been outstanding lately but we all have a average day at the office sometimes.

Woolford - 6

Seems to have good skills on the ball but cuts inside too often in my opinion. Looks like a decent buy and like many others at the game said aweful ball for the corner but it soon shut us up!

Clarkson - 7

Showed pure grit and determination and ofcourse scored a very fortunate goal. Had a lot of the ball played some nice passes at times but lingered on it a little on other occassions, tracked back really well.

Maynard - 9

Was outstanding. First touch, skill and movement was a joy to watch. Took his goal really well considering he hit it first time and the ball was travelling, unlucky not to get a second when he skimmed the bar but with him back in the squad I feel more confident attacking wise.

According to Keef in his post match interview, Albert was not feeling 100% and that 'he nothing in his legs'. Thats why he came off.

Agree about Cisse. He now looks settled and is playing better than we've seen him at City so far. I thought he looked very solid yesterday.

Archived