IGNORED

Atmosphere Today

formerly known as ivan

Was pathetic atmoesphere today BUT there has been 1 EPIC atmoesphere game this season & that was reading really was a buzz about the place, every challenge every pass was marked with a great deal of chants & applause its a shame really, was excited about what was ahead when we played them but it fizzled out to be a very dissapointing season in which survival will do !!! but oh well onwards & upwards & all that jazz eh ? :tumbleweed:

Lets face it, regardless of results, people are bored out of their ******* minds. It's like watching paint dry. It feels like a funeral some times. Blank stares into open space. There will always be those that go out of habit, but this type of football is going to make the casual fan think twice about coming.

Anyone that thinks things are going to change under Millen next season are dellusional.

Plenty of singing in the east end,just not always the same song,at the same speed,in fact one bloke by me didn't stop singing the whole game,completely of his trolly me thinks.

i was in the EE for the last few seasons and always thought how great it sounded and that we were that loud we must get heard all around the ground.

since going to the ateyo you realise it isnt all that and it has lost its magic touch. cant hear anything coming from the EE.

i was in the EE for the last few seasons and always thought how great it sounded and that we were that loud we must get heard all around the ground.

since going to the ateyo you realise it isnt all that and it has lost its magic touch. cant hear anything coming from the EE.

been in williams,dead.atyeo just alive.dolman library at best

since switching from dolman to eastend never looked back.

alright food and toilets *hi*,

but if you want a laugh and singing supporting city it has to be the eastend :preacher: :preacher: :preacher:

EE was embarassing today....

I watch the game sober nowadays and today I decided to concentrate my efforts on seeing how much of an atmosphere the EE can create.

It was truly embarrassing, half hearted chanting/singing, the bounce...well....was a joke.

Not sure waht is going on in there, people say they wanted a stand like the EE at AV....why?.......the atmosphere is dire.

BCAGFC

Yes but the main thing is the away supporters can hear us.

I agree entirely. I'm not making a slur against anyone. It would just be nice if we could create an intimidating atmosphere at The Gate. It can be done. We've all been there when the roof has been lifted off. Such a rare occurrence of late

I agree entirely. I'm not making a slur against anyone. It would just be nice if we could create an intimidating atmosphere at The Gate. It can be done. We've all been there when the roof has been lifted off. Such a rare occurrence of late

Wasn't trying to be funny,and agree we can do it,just been a shit season all round really.

Yes but the main thing is the away supporters can hear us.

No the atmosphere was sedate at best.

Do not underestimate the importance of a good away following to generate a passionate homefollowingthough.

90 away fans - not really a contest eh?

No contest means minimal motivation for the home fans. Dead rubber etc.

As i posted on another thread, the eastend being full of people wanting cheap tickets doesnt help. It was a lot nosier with 247 people in there.

I dont think today was down to nerves, we were always going to win it, there was only one team in it. Instead of the east end having 90% of people who want to sing, its more about 40% or so now i would say, spread out around the stand.

The whole season has been shit, from the atmosphere to the games. People just want the season over and done with, i cant see the east end being any better next season though.

As i posted on another thread, the eastend being full of people wanting cheap tickets doesnt help. It was a lot nosier with 247 people in there.

I dont think today was down to nerves, we were always going to win it, there was only one team in it. Instead of the east end having 90% of people who want to sing, its more about 40% or so now i would say, spread out around the stand.

The whole season has been shit, from the atmosphere to the games. People just want the season over and done with, i cant see the east end being any better next season though.

You seem to do a lot for the EErs BBTR, how can you get the EE back to 2 seasons ago?.

I know someone who moved there a couple of seasons ago because him & his son wanted to enjoy the EE atmosphere, I now say to him "why don't you sing anymore"?, he says "well the football is crap".

Just because the football is crap doesn't mean to say that you staop singing......we would never had any support in the 1980s.

I also used to hear, "I want to keep the EE because the atmosphere makes my saturday", what has happened to them now?.

I really hope you (and anyone else who has the club at heart) sort something out for next season.

BCAGFC

Based on the games I've been able to get to this season and last season- though Middlesborough last year was decent, but generally not the best. Thought it may be different at away games, but in a similar vein I've been to two (Palace and Preston)- not much in the way of people standing and singing unfortunately at least not near me.

You seem to do a lot for the EErs BBTR, how can you get the EE back to 2 seasons ago?.

I know someone who moved there a couple of seasons ago because him & his son wanted to enjoy the EE atmosphere, I now say to him "why don't you sing anymore"?, he says "well the football is crap".

Just because the football is crap doesn't mean to say that you staop singing......we would never had any support in the 1980s.

I also used to hear, "I want to keep the EE because the atmosphere makes my saturday", what has happened to them now?.

I really hope you (and anyone else who has the club at heart) sort something out for next season.

BCAGFC

The buzz around the EE has gone sadly, the first season it was opened as bring back the robin has said before was the best. Only 300 max of us in there but 99.9% of us would stand and sing our hearts out for the 90 mins. Plus the fact that it was an amazing season on the pitch it all combined to make it spot on . Ever since it has been a downward spiral and i didnt bother to renew this year along with a few others as we had just had enough of it in there.. To many families and what not just taking advantage of the dirt cheap tickets.

If next season the football improves then obviously its going to help the atmopshere, but i personally think its going to struggle to hit the heights of the first year. The club hasnt helped mind you, ever since its been open its been a mission for a casual fan to get hold of a ticket in there for pay on the day. That pisses people off big time and puts off the casual ones that are up for creating an atmosphere but cant commit to a s/t..

That pisses people off big time and puts off the casual ones that are up for creating an atmosphere but cant commit to a s/t..

This. I was able to go in there once as overflow- vs Palace in 2008 I think and thought it was great! As I've said before, a real shame from the perspective of those who can't for whatever reason committ to a s/t. Guessing it is based on police/local authority advice?

Think it's come to a point where the atmosphere was better back when the ee wass shut compared to now! Reason being that back then we had the band in the atyeo, the upper left blocks of the dolman and some in the williams corner who would occasionally get a song going e.g. red army or come on you reds. There was nothing today, literally nothing.

Bring back the band, get a carnival atmosphere going!

Archived