IGNORED

13 Points Of Play Offs

bcfc_Jamie

It's mathematically possible at this stage of the season, but highly unlikely.

Personally I will be very pleased if we end up with a top ten finish at the end of this difficult season. Then clear out the deadwood in the summer and get ready for a fresh start under the leadership of KM, who I rate highly (unlike many on here).

It's mathematically possible at this stage of the season, but highly unlikely.

Personally I will be very pleased if we end up with a top ten finish at the end of this difficult season. Then clear out the deadwood in the summer and get ready for a fresh start under the leadership of KM, who I rate hightly (unlike many on here).

Top 10 is very unlikely, realistically. I think 15th is more likely.

Cannot believe anybody can even think this.

Please can we just get to 53 points and then we can start to play sone of the academy kids.

Wasn't being too serious, but academy kids from our academy is suicide. Why, cos our academy is crap. We just need a RB, LB, Creative Mid and a spare winger and we are sorted

Wasn't being too serious, but academy kids from our academy is suicide. Why, cos our academy is crap. We just need a RB, LB, Creative Mid and a spare winger and we are sorted

REALLY??!!

You don't think that finding a replacement for Caulker might be usefull??

REALLY??!!

Your right, as a manager you see the talent on the training ground in reserve/Acadamey games, but you need to see them at Championship level and see if they can stand up to it, when we are mathematically safe i really hope the likes of Holloway and a few others are given a chance.

REALLY??!!

Agreed - we need two CB's one to replace Caulker and Carey. We have Riberio and Nyatanga who can play RB/LB. With Skuse, Cisse, Fontaine we then have 7 players who can offer cover in a couple of defenisive positions. Ribs and Tangs really need to be fit and given a long run in the side, I think they could be great players for us for a long time to come.

Do we need a Creative CM ? We have Woolford who I am sure was brought in for that reason. With Adomah, Woolford, Stead, Pitman, Maynard, Elliott to offer upfield I think we need a different type of CM, someone who can be captain, knowledgeable, able to organize the team, put his foot on the ball and dictate the pace of the game (slow it down, speed it up to take pressure of us or increase pressure on opposition).

So 2 CB's an a CM -

We've had this thread every time we've put a few wins together - can't people see past their nose??? We aint good enough!

We'll finish roughly where we are now. I think soon we should give the likes of Joe Edwards and Henderson a go.

We've had this thread every time we've put a few wins together - can't people see past their nose??? We aint good enough!

We'll finish roughly where we are now. I think soon we should give the likes of Joe Edwards and Henderson a go.

Give them a go if they are better than what we have, do you know if they are?

Give them a go if they are better than what we have, do you know if they are?

How will we know? And how will they improve by being on the bench all the time? Give them some game time, see if they cope.

With our season fizzling out, now is an ideal time to look at em.

Henderson is fine at Yeovil playing really well for them, loan him out again next season then he is James replacement, Edwards deserves a couple of outings.

How will we know? And how will they improve by being on the bench all the time? Give them some game time, see if they cope.

With our season fizzling out, now is an ideal time to look at em.

Yeah, but its a humongous risk. You think the season is over, we are safe, play off's all but impossible, why not give the lads a run out?

Well, you just cant, for a couple of reasons

Firstly its incredibly unprofessional, the club could be fined for fielding a weaker squad in a competitive league.

There is also the reserve team players who are maybe ahead in the pecking order? Do you upset them as well as upsetting the guy your dropping for a youth player? Be careful, your credibility in football is at stake, Keith will be in no mood to metaphorically throw in the towel on the season and try the youngsters out.

and what would we really find out about them what we don't already know? I would be worried if KM needed to see him get slaughtered in a full competitive match to see if they could cope.

Every point counts, SL would be spitting feather if he found out KM fielded a weaker side to give the youngsters a run out, in fact, he would probably relive him of his position.

How do we know if they are bad? won't know until we test them. In previous years GJ excuse was that we'd only just got to the championship and the jump from league to championship was huge well think we've been in the championship long enough. Only do this once we are safe and with players that have some potential.

Yeah, but its a humongous risk. You think the season is over, we are safe, play off's all but impossible, why not give the lads a run out?

Firstly its incredibly unprofessional, the club could be fined for fielding a weaker squad in a competitive league.

There is also the reserve team players who are maybe ahead in the pecking order? Do you upset them as well as upsetting the guy your dropping for a youth player? Be careful, your credibility in football is at stake, Keith will be in no mood to metaphorically throw in the towel on the season and try the youngsters out.

and what would we really find out about them what we don't already know? I would be worried if KM needed to see him get slaughtered in a full competitive match to see if they could cope.

Every point counts, SL would be spitting feather if he found out KM fielded a weaker side to give the youngsters a run out, in fact, he would probably relive him of his position.

A lot of money difference in places in the Chamionship maybe that's the reason Johnson and Millen in games at the end of the season in the last two years didn't give young players a chance. I think though people aren't asking for six youngsters to be chucked in but at least try one or two in the last few games how will you ever know if the can stand up at this level if they don't get a chance.

I doubt that very much. We're not talking about a team full of youngsters - just those who are close (Edwards & Henderson)

Henderson has apparently been playing very well and Edwards has already came on as sub. I'm sure SL would'nt mind us dropping a couple of places, if it benefits us long term, particularly next season

Archived