IGNORED

Roons & Ash...

everreddy

... the more I hear about the antics of the likes of Roons and Ash, the more I'm pleased to be enjoying more honest, watchable and less predictable footie in the Championship. Yeah, I know there's some w*****s like Bellamy and Chopra in the Championship, too, and TBH the footie served up at AG this season aint been that great, but at least there's more of a "level playing field" and officials aren't so easily intimidated.

I'm beginning to come to the conclusion that I'm not too bothered with getting into the corrupt regime that is the Premier League, in the foreseeable future. Like SL, I'd like to see us get the new stadium sorted, so long as we can maintain our Championship status, and continue to give some "top" teams (QPR, Cardiff, Leicester, Newcastle, WBA...) a run for their money.

What about you?

... the more I hear about the antics of the likes of Roons and Ash, the more I'm pleased to be enjoying more honest, watchable and less predictable footie in the Championship. Yeah, I know there's some w*****s like Bellamy and Chopra in the Championship, too, and TBH the footie served up at AG this season aint been that great, but at least there's more of a "level playing field" and officials aren't so easily intimidated.

I'm beginning to come to the conclusion that I'm not too bothered with getting into the corrupt regime that is the Premier League, in the foreseeable future. Like SL, I'd like to see us get the new stadium sorted, so long as we can maintain our Championship status, and continue to give some "top" teams (QPR, Cardiff, Leicester, Newcastle, WBA...) a run for their money.

What about you?

Wayne Rooney is a disgrace. His woeful World Cup was just about the limit for me.

It is about time he was sent off for his constant dissent through matches. Any contentious decision sees him in the ref's face screaming "You **** off !!" This should be an instant red card. It is high time football followed rugby where dissent is not permitted. Only the team captain should be allowed to approach the ref, and Rooney is no bloody captain !!

Footballers are supposed to be role models. This applies to managers as well. Rooney and Ferguson are as bad as each other.

Wayne Rooney is a disgrace. His woeful World Cup was just about the limit for me.

It is about time he was sent off for his constant dissent through matches. Any contentious decision sees him in the ref's face screaming "You **** off !!" This should be an instant red card. It is high time football followed rugby where dissent is not permitted. Only the team captain should be allowed to approach the ref, and Rooney is no bloody captain !!

Footballers are supposed to be role models. This applies to managers as well. Rooney and Ferguson are as bad as each other.

How can they possibly be role models earning the disgustingly immoral amounts of money they are paid, it just makes them untouchable able to buy justice every time they cross the line. The clubs are just as bad by protecting these scumbags and either supressing the stories or using their legal eagles to make it go away. The Ashley Cole incident proves how far clubs will go to cover up incidents in any other walk of life he would be suspended pending a full enquiry and almost certainly sacked and almost certainly subject to a full police enquiry .

But of course there is a little matter of a game of football tonight and the fact that Cole would demand a transfer if the incident was dealt with as it should be and so Cole now will carry on with his vile behaviour, what will he do next who knows? and football certainly does not care and as far as Rooney is concerned the same applies saturdays assault will happen again because he knows he can get away with it.

Where would these 2 total chavs be if they could'nt kick a big of air around, unemployed chavs with criminal records.

What about you?

I am sure Blackpool fans are feeling exactly the same........or rather they did when they were near the bottom of CCC like we currently are

How can they possibly be role models earning the disgustingly immoral amounts of money they are paid, it just makes them untouchable able to buy justice every time they cross the line. The clubs are just as bad by protecting these scumbags and either supressing the stories or using their legal eagles to make it go away. The Ashley Cole incident proves how far clubs will go to cover up incidents in any other walk of life he would be suspended pending a full enquiry and almost certainly sacked and almost certainly subject to a full police enquiry .

But of course there is a little matter of a game of football tonight and the fact that Cole would demand a transfer if the incident was dealt with as it should be and so Cole now will carry on with his vile behaviour, what will he do next who knows? and football certainly does not care and as far as Rooney is concerned the same applies saturdays assault will happen again because he knows he can get away with it.

Where would these 2 total chavs be if they could'nt kick a big of air around, unemployed chavs with criminal records.

I think your last paragraph neatly sums up a lot of premier league players these days.

Money has devilishly corrupted the mind of these young players to such an extent that they are entirely detached from the real society.

Cole & Rooney are at the top of a growing pyramid when it comes to odious characters.

Yeah, I know there's some w*****s like Bellamy and Chopra in the Championship, too,

Let's not forget a certain Marlon King as well!!

The ref and FA sent out the wrong message at the weekend. You only have to see how many kids wear Rooney shirts to see how he is seen by kids. They are trying to stamp this sort of thing out at grass roots but anything goes if you wear a Man U shirt (or manage them), and that prat Phelan in his post match interview..............

Let's not forget a certain Marlon King as well!!

The ref and FA sent out the wrong message at the weekend. You only have to see how many kids wear Rooney shirts to see how he is seen by kids. They are trying to stamp this sort of thing out at grass roots but anything goes if you wear a Man U shirt (or manage them), and that prat Phelan in his post match interview..............

I can see the next headline.. "Man is arrested for walking around Kensington & Chelsea brandishing an air rifle only to be released when he takes his hoodie off to reveal a Chelsea shirt"

Actually what is probably worse and says more about the way the world has changed and football fans in particular have is the way fans of clubs (especially the big clubs) defend these chavs time and again, we know not to expect fair play or any sort of morality from the players and clubs and even the football authorities but sadly many fans now have the same sort of moral compass, off course.

Oh come on, surely we've all taken a loaded gun into work and dicked about by shooting kids in the leg for a laugh. My boss just laughed and told everyone to keep it away from the police and carried on paying me my ridiculous salary, he knows very well if he had sacked me I would have gone around the corner and some other mug of an empolyer would have taken me on. Jeez what sheltered lives you have had.

What makes me laugh is the older posters on here always having a dig at the modern players always saying the 70's this 80's that, some of the stories i have read in several ex pro's books from the 70's and 80's well they would be sacked on the spot.

All totally academic because as you pointed out on an earlier thread none of 70's and 80's incidents reached the public domain. I could tell you stories about 2 ex gas so called legends that would make your toes curl and stuff about ex City players as well.

Your defence of modern players is admirable, but is summed by one particular incident. When the prostitute that dear old Wayne (a so called recent proud father and husband) booked to attend his hotel suite for a bit of hide the sausage entered the suite and saw his ugly mug, what do you honestly think her first thought was a) I wonder if he's got a big dick? or b) retirement fund?. in the grand scheme of things it was not a big deal or really that earth shattering after all we already knew about Wayne's peccadillo's, but what earth shattering was that even Wayne Rooney could be so mind numbingly stupid to think that his little secret would'nt get out to the press in again as you pointed out the internet age and with the help of the Max Clifford's of this world.

I don't agree with the amount of money these guys get paid, but lets be honest, they are no different to most lads their age, who play park football every weekend. They just happen to be good at the game.

In Amateur football, there are elbows flying, stamping, swearing, fights, the lot.

Also lads fool around. Air guns are nothing, compared to what i've seen in some changing rooms.

Why should they be role models? They are just overpaid Chav's...they are what they are.

The papers could go to any Amateur league and see these kinds of things going on,and wouldn't blink an eye lid.

Footballers aren't to blame...Society is.

All totally academic because as you pointed out on an earlier thread none of 70's and 80's incidents reached the public domain. I could tell you stories about 2 ex gas so called legends that would make your toes curl and stuff about ex City players as well.

Your defence of modern players is admirable, but is summed by one particular incident. When the prostitute that dear old Wayne (a so called recent proud father and husband) booked to attend his hotel suite for a bit of hide the sausage entered the suite and saw his ugly mug, what do you honestly think her first thought was a) I wonder if he's got a big dick? or b) retirement fund?. in the grand scheme of things it was not a big deal or really that earth shattering after all we already knew about Wayne's peccadillo's, but what earth shattering was that even Wayne Rooney could be so mind numbingly stupid to think that his little secret would'nt get out to the press in again as you pointed out the internet age and with the help of the Max Clifford's of this world.

In the Rooney case of hide the sausage as you put it Film star's get caught doing things like this MP's (who help run this country and are supposabley very educated people) get caught doing things like this so it's not just footballers who are mind numbingly stupid, just frustrates me that because there footballers they get more abuse about things that people in every walk on life do one rule for one one rule for footballers.

I don't agree with the amount of money these guys get paid, but lets be honest, they are no different to most lads their age, who play park football every weekend. They just happen to be good at the game.

In Amateur football, there are elbows flying, stamping, swearing, fights, the lot.

Also lads fool around. Air guns are nothing, compared to what i've seen in some changing rooms.

Why should they be role models? They are just overpaid Chav's...they are what they are.

The papers could go to any Amateur league and see these kinds of things going on,and wouldn't blink an eye lid.

Footballers aren't to blame...Society is.

But swear at a referee in amateur or semi pro football and you will more than likely be sent off! There are less red cards and bookings at that level for fouls etc than there are for dissent. So why not at professional level?

To all those people who say, so what it happened in the 70's. It was wrong then, its wrong now. Thousands of kids idolise these tossers, and therfore think behaviour like that is somehow acceptable. It ****** aint. Behaviour like they get up to, shooting people, starting fights, chasing old whores , insulting Yanks at the airport on 9/11, roasting some slapper, fighting bouncers, taking drugs, and missing drugs tests, getting pissed before important games, its not big and it sure aint ******* clever, specially as millions fawn over the sad little *****, only losing patience when they massively underperformed in SA last summer. There is a reason why, and its them the whole greedy, selfish, corrupted lot of um. Two teams performed spectacularly badly, and where do the bulk of both teams play/have played the English Prem, where there are no standards, even from sir Alex Ferguson, who should know better..

Daily military personnel do something useful in Afghanistan, something positive, teamwork, selfless sacrifice, trying to improve somebodys life. They dont go round pointing guns at people, unless they need to.

Modern Footballers (Not just Prem ones) havent got a ******* clue, and sadly their brain dead behaviour is always gonna be swept under a carpet, because the clubs need them, and cant afford to bin the ******* garbage, they have morals an alley tomcat would blanch at

We get what we deserve with them, shite

In the Rooney case of hide the sausage as you put it Film star's get caught doing things like this MP's (who help run this country and are supposabley very educated people) get caught doing things like this so it's not just footballers who are mind numbingly stupid, just frustrates me that because there footballers they get more abuse about things that people in every walk on life do one rule for one one rule for footballers.

I don't think that footballers get it anymore than the people you describe, but this is a football forum. The point is all of these people seem to believe that their indiscretions will not get out into the public domain and as you have said this is the internet age, their ego, arrogance and stupidity knows no bounds if they do not believe that let's say for instance prostitutes (who are criminals by definition) will attempt to profit from these indiscretions.

Archived