IGNORED

Almost Safe

Duesseldorf Citizen

I think it's not too early to say that we're 95% safe now.

But what happens next season ?

Looking at the stadium discussion, squad + financial possibilities etc. I'm a little bit nervous as there's pretty obvious a lack of perspective....

Another season of "just" fighting relegation again ?

What do you think ?

There must be found a way to move on somehow...

Looking at the stadium discussion, squad + financial possibilities etc. I'm a little bit nervous as there's pretty obvious a lack of perspective....

What do you think ?

2 players of genuine quality in the right places[we know where] and next season could be interesting geez

What do you think ?

We will move on, were see probably the biggest clear out of the summer in the league. Millen will make some good signings, has a good talent for that. Were have a fresh team for the start of the season, and I predict a 8th-12th season finish. With some good football played which will bring back the excitement down the gate. With the 12/13 season us pushing for promotion.

Regarding to the stadium, I fear all is lost, but I hope not it's time the council unleashed their chains and backed the club.

What do you think ?

A bit soon to be discussing next season methinks.

2 players of genuine quality in the right places[we know where] and next season could be interesting geez

1 x left fullback,

1 x right fullback

2 x centrebacks (hopefully Caulker on loan at least again) Damien Stewart needs to go, so does Nyatanga, Carey to add experienced cover.

1 x "bloody amazing" midfieder who can tackle, pass, organise, lead and score.

Historically our most expensive signings have always been up front, but this time I think we need to really invest in the remainder of the spine ie. Centre Back and Centre Midfield. We already have a good enough Keeper and striker.

1 x left fullback,

1 x right fullback

2 x centrebacks (hopefully Caulker on loan at least again) Damien Stewart needs to go, so does Nyatanga, Carey to add experienced cover.

Historically our most expensive signings have always been up front, but this time I think we need to really invest in the remainder of the spine ie. Centre Back and Centre Midfield. We already have a good enough Keeper and striker.

I agree with this list and would add another striker if Maynard is sold.

Next season is going to be yet another one that starts slowly and improves. You don't buy a completely new back four and have them playing as a unit on day one. Of course this is assuming Millen can find players for positions that have proved to be difficult for him so far...

1 x left fullback,

1 x right fullback

More fantasy football stuff. How much would that midfielder cost us? £5m? Caulker on loan "at least"????

I remember reading a similar post earlier this season which said we should sell Clarkson, Sproule and Hunt and with the million pounds raised buy a quality midfielder........

Fact is Stewart and Nyatanga have contracts for two more seasons yet and they cost us about £900k the pair, so "as they need to go" what do you realistically think is going to happen there?

Offer them yet more (of SL's) money to leave?

Get our money back? Whose buying them, then?

I'd be delighted to see us offload a number out of contract (around ten) and sign one full back, try to get Caulker back on loan, and add a Championship standard midfielder if possible.

I'd doubt we'll spend a million in total next summer, unless of course Maynard goes and if he does I'd happily start with Pitman, Stead and Clarkson as our main three and use any money available to buy better versions of those three players we need most.

What do you think ?

Can't this wait until we're 100% safe? Just nervous about tempting fate. :fingerscrossed:

If we finish top 15 this season (and it could happen) after the disaster that was 2010, then I can see no reason why we cannot push for a playoff position next season.

We need a Carey replacement, to tie up some contracts (most importantly Maynard), get a Captain/CM in (I don't think anyone at the club can really do the role) get Ribs, Font's, Nyatanga playing together (I think given enough games and time they will make a good defense for us for years to come. Cisse, Elliott, Skuse, Woolford, Adomah along with the new CM would be good to go -

If we finish top 15 this season (and it could happen) after the disaster that was 2010, then I can see no reason why we cannot push for a playoff position next season.

We need a Carey replacement, to tie up some contracts (most importantly Maynard), get a Captain/CM in (I don't think anyone at the club can really do the role) get Ribs, Font's, Nyatanga playing together (I think given enough games and time they will make a good defense for us for years to come. Cisse, Elliott, Skuse, Woolford, Adomah along with the new CM would be good to go -

Not being funny, I'm genuinely interested here, but what have you seen in Nyatanga to suggest that he's got what it takes to make it at this level? Every time I've seen him his distribution has been poor, his tackling has been just as bad and his positioning is shocking! I know he's being played out of position at the moment, and every game that goes by Jamie Mac looks better and better, but these problems existed when he's played in the centre as well. Such a shame as I was one of those suckered by his Football Manager reputation when he signed! Having said that Fonts' distribution is also bloody awful. If we can't secure Caulks for another season then a ball playing centre half is a must as well.

i think if we can somehow keep hold of caulker....

He will leave a massive hole if he leaves, god only knows where we would be if we had been without him this season. If Wigley masterminded that deal then he earned his wages for the season!

Presuming Caulker won't come back as Spurs may loan him to a Prem club instead, I think we have to look at a CB, CM and LB (no shock on the last 2). But really the most important move of the summer will be to tie up Maynard for a couple of more years - if nothing else to keep his value high. There's obviously a lot of dead wood we need to leave as well, which in addition to transfer money will also take a lot of wages off the bill too. Quite looking forward to the summer now, get the optimism of a new season back again!

If we want to challenge for a play off spot next season, presuming we are in this league.

Then, I think we need a new and experienced RB, commanding/leader CB to play alongside Fonts, experienced LB, and 2 creative CM's, and another left sided midfield. These are the minimum first team players we need imho, to be competitive.

Then we have to decide who we keep as squad players, or move them on, then if we move on we need squad players for cover. If we didn't have such a big squad this season, we would really have been in the mire, because of injuries. And then we still needed loan players.

My aim at the moment, would be to either get Maynard to sign a new contract or sale him for the best possible price.

Personally I think he will be sold. We need the money and in Pitman have a good enough replacement already, that money can then be used to help offset some losses and also to finance the signing of 2/3 other players, mainly Centre Half, Centre Midfield and Left Back (and personally I would in that order)

More fantasy football stuff. How much would that midfielder cost us? £5m? Caulker on loan "at least"????

I remember reading a similar post earlier this season which said we should sell Clarkson, Sproule and Hunt and with the million pounds raised buy a quality midfielder........

Fact is Stewart and Nyatanga have contracts for two more seasons yet and they cost us about £900k the pair, so "as they need to go" what do you realistically think is going to happen there?

Offer them yet more (of SL's) money to leave?

Get our money back? Whose buying them, then?

I'd be delighted to see us offload a number out of contract (around ten) and sign one full back, try to get Caulker back on loan, and add a Championship standard midfielder if possible.

I'd doubt we'll spend a million in total next summer, unless of course Maynard goes and if he does I'd happily start with Pitman, Stead and Clarkson as our main three and use any money available to buy better versions of those three players we need most.

My God! Don't take things quite so literally, it's a shopping list for an idealistic summer! I'm not demanding this as realistically I know there are contract constraints.

As I said "hopefully" Caulker will come back next season.

I'd rather lose Hunt, Stewart and Nyatanga for peanuts so that it frees up wages for one better signing who won't cost us games week in week out. I'd prefer to have a team of quality players, rather than a large squad with two ok-ish players for each position.

Traditionally SL has always been generous in the summer transfer window, so I'd like us to spend a majority of the fees on an area that isn't just the strikers poistion, but continue to invest in the spine of the side.

Archived