IGNORED

A Solution To The Village Green Impasse!

22A

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/article/37678/

An Italian football club is trying to build an incredible new stadium that will be almost completely underground. The incredible new ground is set to be built by architects Marazzi Architetti for Siena, who are currently on-course for promotion to Serie A this season.

The 21,000-seater venue will be sunk into the ground so as not to disturb the stunning scenery of Tuscany.

They can always be offered a some grass in Horfield which I hear is used by dog walkers every other week and the odd rugby match is played on it. Have to be careful though was a former tip and may be contaminated by a gas leak! Believe it is going to be sold for a £1 soon and the pikeys will have to be evicted!

The plans for the Ashton Vale stadium have the lower tier sunk into the ground for this very reason. The new stadium will actually look quite small from the outside compared to some others with the same capacity.

I thought the new stadium was to be placed on piles driven into the land fill. How can the stadium be sunk into the ground unless they excavate all the land fill? Alternativelty, are they going to build the stadium at ground level and then effectively pile soil around the stadium to bring up the ground level so that it looks sunk???

I thought the new stadium was to be placed on piles driven into the land fill. How can the stadium be sunk into the ground unless they excavate all the land fill? Alternativelty, are they going to build the stadium at ground level and then effectively pile soil around the stadium to bring up the ground level so that it looks sunk???

I believe they WILL be excavating.

Think it is going to be a bit of both, there will be land excavated but there will also be a earth mound built up around it.

If you have a look at the designs, you can see that you will have to go up some steps to get the entrances at both ends.

BCAGFC

Archived