IGNORED

Late Night Kick Off...

spudski

...anyone see it last night?

A great piece on City and our promotion winning team of 76.

How great was it to see Kevin Mabbut scoring a hatrick at Man Utd.

Also the interview with Jonathan Pearce. Apparantly City were the only Club filming the team play at games home and away, on the instruction of Alan Dicks. A sort of early prozone. Pearce and his father were the one's who filmed everything...Fantastic :dancing2:

Here's a link...you can see it all here. http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00qcpsh

I had it on in the background but paid full attention once the City piece was on.

Very interesting stuff, quite surprised about Alan Dicks being years ahead with the whole video analysis of matches. Also quite and emotional piece from our own Jonathan Pearce, clearly loved those days with his Dad up on the gantry watching his team. Never knew Mabbut was one of only 5 visiting players to get a hat-trick at Old Trafford, what a great stat.

The rest was garbage though, the highlights of the local games with Rosenior and Murty commentating on them is cringeworthy

How nice it was to see shirts with just the Club badge on, and no sponsers name all over them. The celebration by the players as well, what a difference 30 odd years makes. A jump of joy, quick hand shake, hug and maybe a high 5...none of that today. Alan Shearer was the last one i respected when it came to goal celebrations...

You've got to love James Richardson too...He used to do the Football Italia show on channel 4. You got the impression he wasn't so keen on Ashton Gate being lost, along with it's history.

I hope the club, make a DVD from all the footage found. Would be a real money spinner.

How nice it was to see shirts with just the Club badge on, and no sponsers name all over them. The celebration by the players as well, what a difference 30 odd years makes. A jump of joy, quick hand shake, hug and maybe a high 5...none of that today. Alan Shearer was the last one i respected when it came to goal celebrations...

You've got to love James Richardson too...He used to do the Football Italia show on channel 4. You got the impression he wasn't so keen on Ashton Gate being lost, along with it's history.

I hope the club, make a DVD from all the footage found. Would be a real money spinner.

Thanks for the link Spudski, will have a watch later. Agree totally that shirts are much better without sponsors' logos and wish you could buy our home and away kits without. Have resorted to buying training tops in the past, if they've been any good, which they haven't been for the last couple of years. Agree also that James Richardson is quality. He puts other presenters to shame, as he genuinely knows so much about the game.

The celebration by the players as well, what a difference 30 odd years makes. A jump of joy, quick hand shake, hug and maybe a high 5...none of that today. Alan Shearer was the last one i respected when it came to goal celebrations...

Yep, footballers have a right love-in these days. They'll be dropping their shorts by 2025.

Nicky Maynard has a more reserved celebration with his arms out to the side. He's a bit more grown up about things.

Archived