IGNORED

Help! Me Badge Is Falling Off

HomerRed

Okay, this is not as dramatic as a new board of directors or as exciting as a weaving run from Albert, but it's still a bit of a crisis in my little world.

So I've started to wear my Chrismas present adidas City polo shirt to matches now it's a bit less parky and we're on a running run.

Clearly I've got to keep wearing it. But after one wash (got to think of my near neighbours at matches) the badge has all but come off.

What do they glue these things on with and what would be better? Is it best to stitch it back on?

Is it just me, or is this a common problem?

Will be grateful for any responses, even rude ones. Ta.

Okay, this is not as dramatic as a new board of directors or as exciting as a weaving run from Albert, but it's still a bit of a crisis in my little world.

So I've started to wear my Chrismas present adidas City polo shirt to matches now it's a bit less parky and we're on a running run.

Clearly I've got to keep wearing it. But after one wash (got to think of my near neighbours at matches) the badge has all but come off.

What do they glue these things on with and what would be better? Is it best to stitch it back on?

Not as important as the press confernece? It's the key to it.

At this afternoon's press conference Steve Lansdown announced that he is stepping down as chairman. Questioned as to the reason Lansdown explained that is was so he could devote more time to deal with the increasing number of problems being encountered with the club's replica kit on sale to fans. He has been concerned to learn that fans are seeing the club badge become detached from the replica kit while their shirts remain unwashed during the club's winning run. Commenting on the problem, Lansdown said " to be honest we knew the kit quality wasn't brilliant when we signed the Adidas deal, but at the time we did not expect this sort of a problem because under Keith Millen we never anticipated a winning streak of more than one game on the trot!".

With his resignation as Chairman, Lansdown announced that his sucessor will be Colin Sextone, who besides his role as Chairman will also become Director of Replica Kit Cleaning Ironing and Darning. Lansdown also announced that his son, Jon, will join the board as Director of Replica Kit Design and Development ". I hope that with these appointments fans can see that we mean business in giving fans the replica kit they deserve. Colin and Jon have given me assurances that we will never again hear that HomeRed has lost the club badge from his shirt".

When asked what will happen to the £18m or so that he has has invested in BCFC, the retiring chairan replied, " I am confident that my investment is in safe hands, and because of this I can announce that I will be investing a further £10-15m into developing the clubs' replica kit, especially for youngsters, as I feel this is so important for the club's future".

Asked for an update on the new stadium plans , and in particular the village green objections, Lansdown answered, " Oh, I'm not bothered about that any more. I've pulled the plug on the new stadium in order to to free up the money we will need for for the the investment needed in replica kit devlopment which i am sure all fans will agree is so important for the club"

Not as important as the press confernece? It's the key to it.

At this afternoon's press conference Steve Lansdown announced that he is stepping down as chairman. Questioned as to the reason Lansdown explained that is was so he could devote more time to deal with the increasing number of problems being encountered with the club's replica kit on sale to fans. He has been concerned to learn that fans are seeing the club badge become detached from the replica kit while their shirts remain unwashed during the club's winning run. Commenting on the problem, Lansdown said " to be honest we knew the kit quality wasn't brilliant when we signed the Adidas deal, but at the time we did not expect this sort of a problem because under Keith Millen we never anticipated a winning streak of more than one game on the trot!".

With his resignation as Chairman, Lansdown announced that his sucessor will be Colin Sextone, who besides his role as Chairman will also become Director of Replica Kit Cleaning Ironing and Darning. Lansdown also announced that his son, Jon, will join the board as Director of Replica Kit Design and Development ". I hope that with these appointments fans can see that we mean business in giving fans the replica kit they deserve. Colin and Jon have given me assurances that we will never again hear that HomeRed has lost the club badge from his shirt".

When asked what will happen to the £18m or so that he has has invested in BCFC, the retiring chairan replied, " I am confident that my investment is in safe hands, and because of this I can announce that I will be investing a further £10-15m into developing the clubs' replica kit, especially for youngsters, as I feel this is so important for the club's future".

Asked for an update on the new stadium plans , and in particular the village green objections, Lansdown answered, " Oh, I'm not bothered about that any more. I've pulled the plug on the new stadium in order to to free up the money we will need for for the the investment needed in replica kit devlopment which i am sure all fans will agree is so important for the club"

Asked about the club's ambition to reach the Premier League, Lansdown answred, " this remains our aim. I am hopeful that the board will be strengthened further by the appointment of

you must be bored! Slow day at work today?! :laugh:

What you need to do is find someone who is doing some DIY and ask then to put about an inch thickness of No Nails under the badge - won't fall off then :-)

Archived