IGNORED

Maynard

old_eastender

I had a feeling my post would be misunderstood, It wasn't my best.

Let me make a few points from the outset, Just so I don't come across in a way that misrespresents my views on this subject.

1) I rate Albert massively, Best right winger I've seen since Scotty at his peak, and he

can only get better which is frightening really

2) I didn't intend to imply that our poor season was Albert's fault in any way, I agree he has been the shining light of a dull and dreary season, and if I could be bothered to text I'd vote him POTY.

OK, back to the post.

My point regarding being relegation fodder before Maynards return was not meant to sound as harsh as you made out, Apologies if it came across that way. My point is, Maynard is the best player we have because he came back into the side and inspired us to score goals and win games. Adomah despite being good hasn't had the same impact on

results that Maynard has.

One thing I must take excpetion to is your assertion that Maynard doesn't read the game well. His link up play with Adomah and Pitman against Burnley was immense. I think Maynard brings the best out of those two and when Stead is in the mix we will have a strike force to fear.

I don't know how to get my point across without sounding negative towards Albert, But I'll try. Albert is good, but not as good as people have started to make out, He is far from the finished article. That's understandable as he doesn't even have a full season at this level under his belt! He isquickly developing into a top class winger who could play as high as he wants. But he doesn't win matches on his own. Maynard however makes us play better football, scores goals from anywhere and has the awareness to get into the right place for crosses.

No amount of money could replace what Maynard means to this team, He simply is

the difference between a relegation dogfight and being the form side in this league.

Don't always agree with you but this Is about spot on for me, nicky maynard for me has kept millen in his job, he's the best striker outside the prem and it's no coincidence our upturn in form has coincided with maynards return from long term injury, he's a loss that no championship side can replace.

Archived