IGNORED

Maynard

old_eastender

I know he didn't get much service, but on the times he did get on the ball he was very easily knocked off and despite Pitman getting lots of flick ons Maynard never got near any of them.

Still might have put a few potential bidders off!

I can't see how people can have a go at Maynard. He's only human, he's not going to score a wonder goal every game. He was lumped up front on his own and had no service in a game where we deserved to lose, possibly by more than we did. Just a bad day at the office, just have to pick ourselves up for Saturday now. COYR!!!

Crap? He hardly had a touch and was on his own for most of it. Your expectations need some adjustment.

Are you saying he wasn't crap?

I think that's a fair assessment although I agree with what you've put also.

Are you saying he wasn't crap?

I think that's a fair assessment although I agree with what you've put also.

I'm saying he wasn't crap. He wasn't good either. He wasn't anything really because he had the ball only slightly more than never and not through his own fault.

We need to be starting Pitman alongside him.

Maynard was expected to do the job that Adebola used to do when he was here. He isn't cut out for it. He thrives with someone to take the knocks alongside him. I guess many won't agree but he was even more exposed when Clarkson went off - with no other City player being within about 20 yards of him for most of the time.

If Stead was where Maynard was and maynard just behind that hoofball may well of worked but maynard needs to run onto balls not hold the ball against two centre backs and still create a chance , is pointless playing him up front by himself. next game would prefer either pitman and maynard up top together or 4-3-3 with Adomah,Maynard and pitman up front.

We were pretty much outperformed in every department for the majority of the match, try playing more balls into his feet around the box and he will get goals, they failed to do that tonight, lost count the amount of times it went long to him, we all know he isnt a target man. Its always a sign were struggling to impose our game when they start doing that.

As I'm sure Maynard and Millen would admit, he is not the type of striker that plays the role asked of him tonight. If Stead was fit he would no doubt have started.

I'm also sure that Millen didn't intend to send his team out playing hoofball, however Norwich forced us into it.

Tonight for me highlights the urgent need for Stead to be back, and a player in midfield who can pass the ball to one of our own!!! Cisse looked good, but there was very little else in midfield, whilst Woolford was pathetic.

As I'm sure Maynard and Millen would admit, he is not the type of striker that plays the role asked of him tonight. If Stead was fit he would no doubt have started.

I'm also sure that Millen didn't intend to send his team out playing hoofball, however Norwich forced us into it.

Tonight for me highlights the urgent need for Stead to be back, and a player in midfield who can pass the ball to one of our own!!! Cisse looked good, but there was very little else in midfield, whilst Woolford was pathetic.

Agree with all of what you have said except quite harsh on woolford who playing pretty much LB was so obvious even the sky commentators noticed it!

our tactics dont add up...playing Clarkson with Maynard has added more creativity, yes? So surely we need the ball to feet, into space and put into good areas for Maynard to have a strike on goal, yet we pump the ball towards Maynard's head, when we have a target man in Keogh on the bench?

I know he didn't get much service, but on the times he did get on the ball he was very easily knocked off and despite Pitman getting lots of flick ons Maynard never got near any of them.

Potential bidders will know what he is about Messi would of struggled in the service tonight he ran his bollocks off first half making runs to relieve the pressure, his closing down brilliant again, Maynard is a team player not just a goal scorer, easily knocked of the ball he is not a target man and to play him up on his own tonight was stupid, Clarkson playing so deep as he was today what chance did he get?,

If Maynard had been playing for Norwich he would have scored a Hatful, he got no service as we don't have anyone in Midfield who can pass. Tackle yes, Compete yes, put no ball players. The amount of times we gave away possession was embarrassing. constantly misplacing passes. I felt sorry for Maynard, he needs Stead alongside him, and someone who can pass the ball in midfield, and then we will see the best of him.

Can we start Pitman next game please Keith? Clarkson has done Ok recently and I agree with keeping a winning team, but hopefully after tonight we can get our top scorer back up front.

Better thank Clarky all day long and might form a partnership with Maynard. Although if we provide 'service' as we did tonight, it really wouldn't matter who was up front.

Spot on.

Maynard is undoubtedly a good player but he really needs to work on his strength and general ability to make the ball stick. He isn't going to score every match so he needs to offer the team more in general play.

He was tossed aside last night like a school boy time after time and his touch was poor. Amazed he was not subbed as he contributed nothing all night.

I hope Maynard isn't getting a big head with all the plaudits he;s received since his return. He has lots to improve on.

Spot on.

Maynard is undoubtedly a good player but he really needs to work on his strength and general ability to make the ball stick. He isn't going to score every match so he needs to offer the team more in general play.

He was tossed aside last night like a school boy time after time and his touch was poor. Amazed he was not subbed as he contributed nothing all night.

I hope Maynard isn't getting a big head with all the plaudits he;s received since his return. He has lots to improve on.

Thats odd because after seeing him play at home to Scunny he did everything your saying he doesnt. The main difference being the ball was played into his feet at AG, last night was just one long hoof for him to chase or get under after another. Maynard didnt look good but that really isnt down to him, dont get me wrong no player has immunity from the critics but i think people are being a bit harsh on him at the mo. Nobody seemed to mention where he needed to improve when he stuck 3 goals in his last 4 games?

Archived