IGNORED

Things You And I Would Get The Sack For

Red Rag

Just been thinking what does it take to sack a footballer. You and I would be

shown the door for many of their antics.

Cantona battering a paying customer, sacked no, you and I out on our ear.

Dyer and the other Newcastle muppet, fighting in the work place, sacked no, you and I shown the door.

Cole shooting a colleage in a place of work, sacked no, you and I fired.

How many incidents can we think of that would result in mere mortals like us being shown the door

but our highly paid footballing chums getting away with it.

Over to you guys

You could argue that if most of us performed badly at our job we'd be gone eventually.

I'd argue any form of violent conduct either on the pitch or off would = sack for us.

But then football has its own rules, right down to the farce of the footballers creditors rules that protects a players wages when club hits financial times but not the 100's of suppliers in the local community.

Professional footballers are generally quite good at their job in a sector with a fairly limited talent pool numbers-wise.

When deciding what action to take, an employer will have to consider how easy it would be to recruit a replacement of equal capability. For most of us, the answer to that question is "very easy indeed" but for a footballer, whilst not impossible, it is much harder to replace them. Ashley Cole may be a berk but he's one of the best left backs in the world and therefore almost impossible to replace (for almost impossible read "costly").

Professional footballers are generally quite good at their job in a sector with a fairly limited talent pool numbers-wise.

When deciding what action to take, an employer will have to consider how easy it would be to recruit a replacement of equal capability. For most of us, the answer to that question is "very easy indeed" but for a footballer, whilst not impossible, it is much harder to replace them. Ashley Cole may be a berk but he's one of the best left backs in the world and therefore almost impossible to replace (for almost impossible read "costly").

Add to that Ashley Cole has a value to Chelsea in excess of £10M. If they sacked him he would be a free agent and therefore Chelsea loose his market value and he would end up playing for a rival to add insult to injury. The only top player i can remember being sacked was the drugs test failure guy at Chelsea (Mutu i think) who Chelsea sued.

how about being nicky hunt? What I have just been told about that muppet is rediculous. Hopefully someone does one on him just as his contract is about to expire.

I have just read though my contract and 'being Nicky Hunt' is deemed as gross misconduct and therefore sackable.

Add to that Ashley Cole has a value to Chelsea in excess of £10M. If they sacked him he would be a free agent and therefore Chelsea loose his market value and he would end up playing for a rival to add insult to injury. The only top player i can remember being sacked was the drugs test failure guy at Chelsea (Mutu i think) who Chelsea sued.

So how about doing away with transfer fees totaly. Should a player misbehave that warrants

the sack the loos is in effect nil, other than the value to the team. Dam sure the average Joe

footballer would think twice before acting up as he has no financial hold over the club regarding a

transfer fee. Lets face it players find their level, the best at the top of the tree, the poor at Bristol Rovers,

with or without transfer fees. No doubt without a transfer fee the best palyers wages would go even higher,

but so would the fear of the sack, which would become much more of a frequant event if no fees were involved.

It's not just current players getting away with it. Paul Gascoign was stopped by the Police and found to be driving with four times the legal alcohol limit in his blood. A prosecution will not be proceded with "due to lack of sufficient evidence"!

Archived