IGNORED

This Club's Ticket Office Is A ******* Joke...

spudski

...Right, I'm a membership card holder, and buy Seats in the Premier section, because it's the only place i can sit comfortably because i have dodgy knees, so pay the extra to stop cramping up.

The last two games they've screwed up my tickets.

The Scunny game, they didn't leave the tickets to collect, so i missed the first 10 mins of the game, getting them reprinted.

The Portsmouth game, picked my envelope up, got to the turnstile and found they had left a ticket for my father out, so had to go back and queue again.

The time before that they overcharged me, but refunded later.

Today, i go to book a ticket for tomorows game, and i am told they are no longer selling tickets in the Prem seating for matchdays. I question it and am told the manager made this decision 3 weeks ago. When i said, i'd bought for the last two games with no problem, they said that was their new decision.

The bloody BCFC website is advertising that you can buy these tickets for Premier seating...even on the Burnley last chance ticket offer page.

When i told the girl, that i wouldn't be able to attend anymore, her attitude, was oh well never mind and put the phone down. :disapointed2se:

So that's it...I won't be able to go anymore. Screw this Club. They do everything they can to make it hard for the fans to attend. Sick to death of them.

I've never had any problems atall with the clubs ticket office.

But then, I am not constantly looking to slate the club at every possible opportunity, like some !

So are you saying folk who speak out about the club, and show concern because they are passionate, are dealt with poorly by the ticket office on purpose?

I've since spoken to the ticket office manager, and have been told it's a directive from Lansdown himself, as they want to drive promotion for hospitality in the coming months. It's a joke. The Premier seating will still be half empty tomorrow.

And to be still be advertising them for sale on the Clubs website is even more negligent, especially when you have to spend 5 mins on the phone at 10p a minute, to be told they are not for sale.

Sounds like you have had a bad experience but personally I have always found the staff to be friendly and helpful.

I would call back and ask to speak to Jayne Maggs, she is the ticket office manager.

Yes...they are very friendly and helpful on the phone, but when it comes to actually carrying out their job, they usually screw up. I keep getting different stories from different people on the phone. They don't seem to actually know how their ticketing system works.

To sit in the Prem seating, you need an actual ticket for the steward to see, before being let into that area. Some seem to think you can just put it through on the membership card. Fine going through the turnstile, but no good when you get to the Steward, who needs to see an actual ticket.

I've not had a problem always had a good service with the ticket office, but others have,

I'd suggest speaking to Jayne Maggs as well as writing to the club or dropping them an e-mail to highlight the problem,

City are normally good at resloving these things

I've not had a problem always had a good service with the ticket office, but others have,

I'd suggest speaking to Jayne Maggs as well as writing to the club or dropping them an e-mail to highlight the problem,

City are normally good at resloving these things

I hope that was aimed at Bar bs3 and not me... I also thought it was uncalled for, but he's now on my ignore list, so no worries ;)

Blimey..it's been edited...it's like big brother on here...Hello Ticket office :sub::grr:

I hope that was aimed at Bar bs3 and not me... I also thought it was uncalled for, but he's now on my ignore list, so no worries ;)

it was but I could call you one as well if you like spud :innocent06:

Anyway last time I wrote to the club and complained I got a letter back from Steve Lansdown's PA with steve's signiture and a £20 club shop voucher so its always worth it

it was but I could call you one as well if you like spud :innocent06:

Anyway last time I wrote to the club and complained I got a letter back from Steve Lansdown's PA with steve's signiture and a £20 club shop voucher so its always worth it

:laugh::D Yes, the manager gave me Steve Lansdowns email...

Not sure i want his signiture though...what do i want with that ;) All i want is the ticket office to work properly and efficiently, and apparantly, this make's me a moaning old bugger :rolleyes:

As an infrequent visitor to Ashton Gate these days I'm always non plussed about the ticket sales situation. One of their favorite tricks is to send you from one ticket sales office to another i.e. advance sales, club shop sales and sales under the appropriate stand - why can't they have just one location selling tickets split between sales for the match that day and future sales - for all stands? Maybe when we get the new stadium these issues will be resolved? One other annoying fact about buying tickets at the ground is the way they make it difficult to see which seat you are buying in a particular block, why is it not possible to have a screen facing the customer to show just what seats are available at that (live) time? It's almost as if staff are scared to show you where the seat is in case it's restricted viewing.

With all that said I have recently used the online booking facility and it was superb! It did have a live display showing what seats were available, tickets were available to either upload to my membership card or be printed off. That's the way to go and hopefully I'll never have to use the ticket office at the ground ever again!

:laugh::D Yes, the manager gave me Steve Lansdowns email...

Not sure i want his signiture though...what do i want with that ;) All i want is the ticket office to work properly and efficiently, and apparantly, this make's me a moaning old bugger :rolleyes:

Moan as much as you want. You have been let down on 3 occasions and thats not good enough.

People shouldnt be making excuses for bad service. As a consumer you should be offered something by the club.

Moan as much as you want. You have been let down on 3 occasions and thats not good enough.

People shouldnt be making excuses for bad service. As a consumer you should be offered something by the club.

I just want to buy the seat i normally buy, that's all.

Tomorrow the Prem seating will be half full again, so i can't see the problem.

I can understand if it was full of hospitality paying customers, but it won't be.

The galling thing is, there has been no anouncement that the club are changing their policy, and they are still advertised for sale on the club website.

I had planned to go tomorrow, which involved other people. We all have to change our plans now. The Club never think about the knock on effects, and their excuses although said in a friendly manner, don't cut the mustard anymore, because they keep making the same mistakes.

It is poor service...I dread to think what it's going to be like at AV.

...Right, I'm a membership card holder, and buy Seats in the Premier section, because it's the only place i can sit comfortably because i have dodgy knees, so pay the extra to stop cramping up.

The last two games they've screwed up my tickets.

The Scunny game, they didn't leave the tickets to collect, so i missed the first 10 mins of the game, getting them reprinted.

The Portsmouth game, picked my envelope up, got to the turnstile and found they had left a ticket for my father out, so had to go back and queue again.

The time before that they overcharged me, but refunded later.

Today, i go to book a ticket for tomorows game, and i am told they are no longer selling tickets in the Prem seating for matchdays. I question it and am told the manager made this decision 3 weeks ago. When i said, i'd bought for the last two games with no problem, they said that was their new decision.

The bloody BCFC website is advertising that you can buy these tickets for Premier seating...even on the Burnley last chance ticket offer page.

When i told the girl, that i wouldn't be able to attend anymore, her attitude, was oh well never mind and put the phone down. :disapointed2se:

So that's it...I won't be able to go anymore. Screw this Club. They do everything they can to make it hard for the fans to attend. Sick to death of them.

Not trying to be funny but whats the point in coming on here and telling the forumites about it? If your that annoyed about it why not write a letter or an email to someone who can do something about it? I hope you eventually sort your ticketing issue out.

Not trying to be funny but whats the point in coming on here and telling the forumites about it? If your that annoyed about it why not write a letter or an email to someone who can do something about it? I hope you eventually sort your ticketing issue out.

The ticket office and other people at the club read this forum. I wanted to reinforce how unhappy i was. I've praised them in the past, after they read a complaint of mine on here, when they phoned me and refunded what i was owed.

I've spoken to the Club, my next port of call is an email to SL. Like he's going to want to know about my grievance...

I just find it a sham, that after speaking to the Club, they are still advertising the tickets for sale on the Clubs website, even after making them aware of it. How many others are going to be dissapointed and waste their time an energy in phoning up for tickets that aren't for sale.

It's the same principle as talking about the council and the new stadium issues...writing on here isn't going to move mountains, but it does make people aware of problems.

The ticket office and other people at the club read this forum. I wanted to reinforce how unhappy i was. I've praised them in the past, after they read a complaint of mine on here, when they phoned me and refunded what i was owed.

I've spoken to the Club, my next port of call is an email to SL. Like he's going to want to know about my grievance...

I just find it a sham, that after speaking to the Club, they are still advertising the tickets for sale on the Clubs website, even after making them aware of it. How many others are going to be dissapointed and waste their time an energy in phoning up for tickets that aren't for sale.

It's the same principle as talking about the council and the new stadium issues...writing on here isn't going to move mountains, but it does make people aware of problems.

Would it not be best to email Dave L first, given that it's his job to deal with fans in instances such as this?

Would it not be best to email Dave L first, given that it's his job to deal with fans in instances such as this?

I spoke to the ticket office manager. She told me to send an email of complaint straight to Jon Lansdown...my apologies for earlier, as i thought she said SL. I've just re read the email addy she gave me.

If the Club have made a decision not to sell tickets in the Prem seating anymore, then so be it. But don't advertise them for sale on the Club website if that's the case. Or at least notify fans of the impending change.

The ticket office seemed completely confused as to when this legislation came in.

I'm not having a go at individuals in the ticket office, but if i screwed up with a customer 3 times on the bounce, then i'm sure they would have a grievance or not come back to me.

I can only go by what the Club are currently advertising...

This is getting silly...Am I going ******* nuts...If so put me out of my misery.

I decided to bite the bullet and buy a ticket online in the Williams stand, on the end of an aisle so i can stick my gammy leg out.

The website says tickets for members are £26 before 5 o'clock today. I bought it before this time as my email confirmation is timed at 4.48pm.

I've been charged £28 + £1 booking charge...Total £29

Please what the hell is going on...I'm getting sick of this. If i've made a mistake then so be it, but i can't see how this can be. :surrender::surrender::(

I have nothing but praise for the ticket office. The service is as good as in Beryl Fudge's days.

Don't forget that this is the kind of low status job that suffer from cut after cut being treated as an economic guinea pig.

Keep up the good work guys!

hi bcs,

your creditability just hit the ceiling for me, just for even quoting the great Beryl Fudge`s name. Shows how long you been following the mighty reds, she was a legend, I used to drink with her son Steve in the Jolly Cobbler pub, a great lad he was too.

Just to really wind you up........if you had phoned the ticket office you could have got a seat for £10 in the Williams. (special offer for those members who went to the Scunny game)

Cheers

Yes, I knew that, I'm going to use it on another game.

have to say 2 years ago they would not take my £600 for season tickets because I did not have 6 digit reference number to hand.....To day I called to buy a 1 pound ticket quoting my seat and they read back to me all my details (ie name and address) without me verifying anything including the bloody six digit number!

Commercially the club is poor.

Today you can buy 2 home/away shirts for £20. They have messed up big time this season with the sizing of this new Adidas kit. Also the updating of pricing and website/range has been a disaster. I would love to see the year on year sales with the 1st year of the Puma kit, I would not be surprised if there has been half the sales.

Archived