IGNORED

K E I T H M I L L E N

bristolcitysweden

THANK YOU MATE!!

Tommy

+1

Keith Millen has potential to take us places, it won't be quick because we have a lot of dead wood to get rid of but if given time he will get us challenging the prays off regularly in a few seasons time.

BCAGFC

Goodness knows what the "shit of a conference manager losing nine on the trot" comment from Tommy means...can't we look to the future without rubbishing the very considerable achievements of Gary Johnson?

but hey ho...

I must admit I've not been behind KM from the start. I thought he was the wrong man at the wrong time. But I've always been very happy to be proved wrong. Things are looking up...it looks as though relegation is firmly behind us and the test will be over the summer. Can the club build on the foundations laid? Let's hope so.

Goodness knows what the "shit of a conference manager losing nine on the trot" comment from Tommy means...can't we look to the future without rubbishing the very considerable achievements of Gary Johnson?

but hey ho...

I must admit I've not been behind KM from the start. I thought he was the wrong man at the wrong time. But I've always been very happy to be proved wrong. Things are looking up...it looks as though relegation is firmly behind us and the test will be over the summer. Can the club build on the foundations laid? Let's hope so.

To me it seems like KM can never be recognized on his own merits beacause he has been the assistant manager to GJ.

The king is dead.

Long live the king.

If we had won once after Johnson's departure last season, with nine attempts available, we wouldnt have been relegated.

Yes we went on a fine run, and yes of course Millen deserves credit for overseeing that. The fact that, it would appear, Johnson had lost the dressing room and thus his departure was most likely greeted with muted pleasure and unity played it's part to, but Millen took to the helm and we performed well under him.

This season we have been, for the most part, for the want of a better word, shit. We've had two spells, the first of which stretched Reading to Derby - nine games, six wins, and the current run which has seen us win five in six starting away at Watford which have been excellent and ensured our status in the league.

We are ten points off the play-offs and fifteen points from relegation, pretty much middle of the road. With a new man at the helm that should be considered consolidatory and thus satisfactory.

The most recent run has seen our season go from very poor to acceptable and whilst Millen, Wigley and the team deserve credit for the resurgence, we should not blindly ignore the fact that for large parts of the season we have been unacceptably bad.

While some people like to moan for no reason while others bring their agenda to extract all things positive, the reality is that the management team have deserved questionning and criticism for large parts of this season. As we currently stand they deserve praise, they are getting it, and so they should. But let's not go over the top and suggest everything is, and has been, rosy. We are moving in the right direction, there is no greater positive exaggeration to be held.

For how long is he going to drag the shit of a Conference manager losing nine on a trot?

Yep the same shit conference manager who got us to the championship and the reason Millen has the privilege of managing a CHAMPIONSHIP side, whilst we are handing out the plaudits lets of course not not forget the shit coach during our 9 match losing run, what was his name again?.

If we had won once after Johnson's departure last season, with nine attempts available, we wouldnt have been relegated.

Yes we went on a fine run, and yes of course Millen deserves credit for overseeing that. The fact that, it would appear, Johnson had lost the dressing room and thus his departure was most likely greeted with muted pleasure and unity played it's part to, but Millen took to the helm and we performed well under him.

This season we have been, for the most part, for the want of a better word, shit. We've had two spells, the first of which stretched Reading to Derby - nine games, six wins, and the current run which has seen us win five in six starting away at Watford which have been excellent and ensured our status in the league.

We are ten points off the play-offs and fifteen points from relegation, pretty much middle of the road. With a new man at the helm that should be considered consolidatory and thus satisfactory.

The most recent run has seen our season go from very poor to acceptable and whilst Millen, Wigley and the team deserve credit for the resurgence, we should not blindly ignore the fact that for large parts of the season we have been unacceptably bad.

While some people like to moan for no reason while others bring their agenda to extract all things positive, the reality is that the management team have deserved questionning and criticism for large parts of this season. As we currently stand they deserve praise, they are getting it, and so they should. But let's not go over the top and suggest everything is, and has been, rosy. We are moving in the right direction, there is no greater positive exaggeration to be held.

And were would that have left us?

The manager physically assultingt a player at half time at Plymouth forcing two senior player to claim to have there contracts cancelled.

Agree with every word.

Absoloutely right and its a shame that more City fans don't appreciate that.

Its understandably taken Millen time to get from 'very poor to acceptable' but 5 wins from 6 games tells its own story. 15 points from18 is promotion form and its disapointing that City didn't find that form 15 games ago but as you say Millen is moving the right direction. He'll have a chance to have a major player clear out over the summer and bring in the much needed creativity and if he manages to do that then next season will see City in serious contention.

Absoloutely right and its a shame that more City fans don't appreciate that.

Its understandably taken Millen time to get from 'very poor to acceptable' but 5 wins from 6 games tells its own story. 15 points from18 is promotion form and its disapointing that City didn't find that form 15 games ago but as you say Millen is moving the right direction. He'll have a chance to have a major player clear out over the summer and bring in the much needed creativity and if he manages to do that then next season will see City in serious contention.

it's shocking when fans don't give the manager the credit he deserves absolutely unforgivable.

Did you read the interview with Sexstone in today's Evening Post? Don't expect too much next season.

Yeh, I read it but see as no more than a standard press release from the club. Colin Sexstone is saying more or less what Steve Lansdown would have said.

Have no doubt at all that should Millen come up with a shopping list then everything will be done to fullfill it.

I agree that it's a good thing if it means more Adomahs and less Nicky Hunts, but I worry that what it really means is that this is the start of the withdrawal of the Lansdown largesse.

Well don't worry, because that isn't what it means. It means exactly what Colin Sexstone said and it's perfectly in line with what Steve Lansdown has said.

Neither of them has misled the fans before, no reason to start now. Don't sweat it.

Archived