IGNORED

Happy To Admit...

Jordan Tansley

In the aftermath of the Watford game I was involved in a discussion about the viability of playing Brett and Nicky together as a pairing.

The main point was about away games, however on today's showing I couldn't have been more wrong!

The level of understanding the front two had considering they had never started a professional game together before was awesome!

Their interchanges and communication was out of this world and if they carry on in this vein we could have the best frontline in the division and Jon Stead in reserve!!!

Special mention for the other two "forward" players, JCR and Albert. Both were utterly fantastic tonight, I personally thought JCR shaded it of the two... His composure throughout was great.

And finally, Lee Johnson was also class today. He made us tick over and fed the front four quickly and accurately.

Fantastic stuff!

Agree with everything said. Defence looked solid. Stewart winning everything in the air and Caulker doing what he normally does. Just think we need to add 2 decent full backs to our team next year! We need a decent attacking left back as we don't have one of those at the moment. And yes we have ribiero but can we rely on him being available every game next season?

Agree with everything said. Defence looked solid. Stewart winning everything in the air and Caulker doing what he normally does. Just think we need to add 2 decent full backs to our team next year! We need a decent attacking left back as we don't have one of those at the moment. And yes we have ribiero but can we rely on him being available every game next season?

Next season will will have a honest push for the prem.

I think the front four stood out today from what was an all round great team performance. I've been waiting a while to see Pitman and Maynard start but it was worth it. Both have touch, vision and goal threat. Pitman has exceptional awareness of movement around him and Maynard seems to have developed glue on his boots. They could be devastating next season especially with Stead in the mix as well - IF - we can hold on to them.

Lee Johnson did indeed do very well, his pass to Maynard for the first goal and a little ball he lifted over for Adomah in the second half were both excellent. Adomah deserved man of the match but I think JCR ran him close. Everybody had at least a good game though. I think it was a nice touch to bring Maynard and Pitman off so they could enjoy the ovation too.

I was expecting a very hard game but Burnley didn't provide much competition and were actually quite dirty and niggling, we even managed to dominate most of the midfield. Well done everybody.

The atmosphere in the ground was positive and lively I thought?

Family commitments kept me away today...and I'm sorry to have missed what sounded like a cracker. Listening in the atmosphere sounded very good in the latter stages....

I think the front four stood out today from what was an all round great team performance. I've been waiting a while to see Pitman and Maynard start but it was worth it. Both have touch, vision and goal threat. Pitman has exceptional awareness of movement around him and Maynard seems to have developed glue on his boots. They could be devastating next season especially with Stead in the mix as well - IF - we can hold on to them.

Lee Johnson did indeed do very well, his pass to Maynard for the first goal and a little ball he lifted over for Adomah in the second half were both excellent. Adomah deserved man of the match but I think JCR ran him close. Everybody had at least a good game though. I think it was a nice touch to bring Maynard and Pitman off so they could enjoy the ovation too.

I was expecting a very hard game but Burnley didn't provide much competition and were actually quite dirty and niggling, we even managed to dominate most of the midfield. Well done everybody.

Totally agree with Nibor''s summary, fantastic all-round commitment and skills, easily our best home performance of the season so far IMO.

Just one small point, I do agree Lee Johnson did well when he came on and he made some brilliant passes, but he was not on the pitch when the first goal was scored I think !

A great win indeed against a team who should have given us more of a game. The Maynard / Pitman pairing could it have anything to do with the evil post interview where Millen was defending himself against negative tactics?.

If you think that Milen or any other manager is swayed by what he sees in the press, especially the local press then you must know even less about football than it appears.

If you remember both Maynard and Pitman were on the pitch at Carrow Road at the same time on Monday night so them starrting together today wasn't the first they'd been on the pitch together.

A great win indeed against a team who should have given us more of a game. The Maynard / Pitman pairing could it have anything to do with the evil post interview where Millen was defending himself against negative tactics?.

I think it has more to do with Clarkson being absolutely dire in the previous game. To be honest, even the few games previous I've thought Clarkson was poor despite the results. Not a view many would agree with because he scored a couple and made a couple but for me those were rather lucky and what was around them was low quality. I've never understood how he kept Pitman out.

I you think that Milen or any other manager is swayed by what he sees in the press, especially the local press then you must know even less about football than it appears.

If you remember both Maynard and Pitman were on the pitch at Carrow Road at the same time on Monday night so them starrting together today wasn't the first they been on the pitch together.

Yes they were and Pitman was employed as a left winger/wing back, Adomah played upfront with Maynard, so actually the first time upfront together and the first time they have started up front together.

Swayed by the press?, not suggesting that i'm suggesting it was a reaction to the criticism that was mentioned in the interview.

I think it has more to do with Clarkson being absolutely dire in the previous game. To be honest, even the few games previous I've thought Clarkson was poor despite the results. Not a view many would agree with because he scored a couple and made a couple but for me those were rather lucky and what was around them was low quality. I've never understood how he kept Pitman out.

+ 1

Totally agree with Nibor''s summary, fantastic all-round commitment and skills, easily our best home performance of the season so far IMO.

Just one small point, I do agree Lee Johnson did well when he came on and he made some brilliant passes, but he was not on the pitch when the first goal was scored I think !

Pedant alert. Johnson played the initial ball in to Maynard which he controlled and shielded brilliantly before finding Albert in the build-up to Pitman's goal.

Archived