IGNORED

Damion Stewart

jeade

Well done today thought he was fantastic and won every header. Been a big critic but fair play for last few games.

Agreed. It's been a long time since we had a no nonsense, just whack the ball away, type of centre back and I think he has been excellent when he has stepped in recently. I thought he was unlucky to be dropped for the Norwich debacle, since he had been good in the previous game. With Fonts seemingly out for the season now, Stewart has a real chance to play in our remaining games.

What really sets him apart from his fellow summer signing Nicky Hunt is his attitude.

Stewart certainly is pretty slow and not the best with the ball at his feet, but he gives everything he's got and as uncomplaining sub for much of the season clearly also wants to play.

My two highlights from him today were the huge ground shuddering challenge he put in on Chris Iwelumo late on plus the superb obstruction when the Burnley lad was bearing down on goal........

this is a bit pointless, but i will say it anyway cus it really annoyed me...

when the ref booked stewart, why did he feel the need to walk half way down the pitch to book him instead of doing it when it happened on the spot? i know a few players were trying to make a point to the ref but i thought he was just going to keep walking out the ground!

If we ever want to play at the highest level, the likes of DS just have to go.

Agree he palyed a good game today, but still a liability. We need players at the back

with greater ball skills, pace and reliability. Judge his atributes against Caulker and his

limitations are there for all to see. Sorry DS you just are not good enough.

I personally think DS will come good, like Cisse has. You don't win player of the season at QPR in 2009 for nothing.

A lot of our players have the capabilities, they've shown it at former Clubs. We just need KM or another manager can get the best out of them on a regular basis.

I can't see him going, especially after what Sextone has said today.

Stewart has been impressive recently and I think it's partly to do with the fact that he is now playing in a team full of confidence. At the start of the season none of our players looked good and we were quick to judge the rest of Coppell's signings Cisse/Stewart after the disaster that was Nicky Hunt. Fortunately they are now coming good.

If we ever want to play at the highest level, the likes of DS just have to go.

Agree he palyed a good game today, but still a liability. We need players at the back

with greater ball skills, pace and reliability. Judge his atributes against Caulker and his

limitations are there for all to see. Sorry DS you just are not good enough.

That is very harsh. My thought is that had he been there at the Norwich game, we probably wouldn't have conceded that killer second goal.

What really sets him apart from his fellow summer signing Nicky Hunt is his attitude.

Stewart certainly is pretty slow and not the best with the ball at his feet, but he gives everything he's got and as uncomplaining sub for much of the season clearly also wants to play.

My two highlights from him today were the huge ground shuddering challenge he put in on Chris Iwelumo late on plus the superb obstruction when the Burnley lad was bearing down on goal........

I wouldn't say he's slow, he's got a fair turn of pace

I wouldn't say he's slow, he's got a fair turn of pace

Well, I'd accept he is certainly a lot quicker than he was at the start of the season, as he did excellently to beat Delfouneso for pace today on one occasion.

I personally think DS will come good, like Cisse has. You don't win player of the season at QPR in 2009 for nothing.

A lot of our players have the capabilities, they've shown it at former Clubs. We just need KM or another manager can get the best out of them on a regular basis.

I can't see him going, especially after what Sextone has said today.

Agree Spudski. Both these players looked second rate (early on) for us, but now they are becoming immense.

Cisse being played in his natural role as a defensive midfielder is really working. Hope his injury today was not too serious.

Stewart is building an excellent central defensive partnership with the outstanding Caulker.

After today's excellent performance, I am left wondering what would have happened if we had been able to put out today's starting line-up form the beginning of the season .

I heard "Caulker For England" from the EE today.

Deserved. Will happen.

I heard "Caulker For England" from the EE today.

Deserved. Will happen.

A couple of my mates are Burnley fans and they were at the game today. Chatting with them afterwards they were full of praise for us, but Caulker in particular. They thought he was exceptional.

Interestingly, they were scathing of their own team's attitude to today's game and they are not at all convinced that Eddie Howe is the right man for their job.

Archived