IGNORED

Nicky Hunt Watch

Slave to the rhythm

How do you know he hasn't, and City might be helping him for all we know. And how do you know he signed a contract knowing full well he had a problem? The fact is nobody knows, or is prepared to say on here, so your presumption is based on what fact?

Not being funny, but you've come to your own conclusion based on no known facts whatsover, apart from what you presume is the case.

Yes, my post is obviously not based on any facts that are in the public domain. There is what I'd think to be very strong circumstantial evidence that is though.

i heard last week that his attitude is terrible, and he either wont train, or just wont put in any effort in when he does. I figure refusing to train would be a breach of contract, which I am sure the club would use as a reason for tearing the contract up, so not sure that is quite right. Either way, along with one or 2 others, this has to go down as one of the worst signings we have made.

I actually do feel a degree of sympathy for the bloke. He can't be as bad as everybody is making out, In the Blackpool friendly he did look classy until he got injured. The Leeds game yes he was woeful but people seem to forget he played a part in our goal at Elland Road. There must of been a major fall out along the line, dropping him like they have after 1 bad performance seems rather harsh in all honesty.

What the basic pass up the line to Albert who then did all the work before creating a goal for Stead? Yes I remember it and I would have bene capable of producing that pass.

I have very little tolerance for political correctness as you might have noticed :-)

I'd be quite happy to be compassionate if the player came forward to the club and said "look, I have this problem and I need some help sorting it out". But in reality he signed a contract knowing full well he had a problem that he should have told us about and would prevent him fulfilling it properly and is now getting paid a fortune for not doing his job. He was probably already a millionaire when he came here, so he didn't need to take the piss.

Just for the record, the reference to PC was meant to be tongue-in-cheek: I've got no time for it, either.

As for the obligation on the player to take responsibility for his own condition, assuming my original information was correct and he does actually suffer from one, I agree entirely, though as others have said, we really don't know that he hasn't done so.

A more interesting question for me would be the legalities of such a situation, and how it came to light, if it is true that he has the misfortune to suffer from depression. I'm not in a position to ask the original source how he or she knew this. Did Hunt divulge this himself? If so, it meets the criterion for your conditional sympathy. If he didn't, and he has a history, what - if anything - does it say in a typical player's contract, or the contract between buying and selling clubs, about any legal obligation to disclose relevent details of his past health record? Is it a case of caveat emptor? If it was concealed from us, would we have a right of redress - and if it wasn't, why the hell did we sign him?

Any employment lawyers out there?

Just for the record, the reference to PC was meant to be tongue-in-cheek: I've got no time for it, either.

As for the obligation on the player to take responsibility for his own condition, assuming my original information was correct and he does actually suffer from one, I agree entirely, though as others have said, we really don't know that he hasn't done so.

A more interesting question for me would be the legalities of such a situation, and how it came to light, if it is true that he has the misfortune to suffer from depression. I'm not in a position to ask the original source how he or she knew this. Did Hunt divulge this himself? If so, it meets the criterion for your conditional sympathy. If he didn't, and he has a history, what - if anything - does it say in a typical player's contract, or the contract between buying and selling clubs, about any legal obligation to disclose relevent details of his past health record? Is it a case of caveat emptor? If it was concealed from us, would we have a right of redress - and if it wasn't, why the hell did we sign him?

Any employment lawyers out there?

This is a very interesting thread, but perhaps we should let the club deal with this rather than speculate any further.

None of us really know with 100% certainty about what's going on, so perhaps we should just shut up about it for now.

I didn't know about this alleged depression when I started this thread. If I'd known about it, I wouldn't have posted anything.

Right let me make it 100% clear that I have been as critical of Mr.Hunt as anybody, BUT, "if" he is suffering from a certain medical condition whether physical or physcological then just why dont the club make a short statement stating that at present he is either out injured (Would not be the first time that a players "absence" has been covered by using this excuse) or that he at present is unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances?

By NOT SAYING ANYTHING then all the club are doing is letting speculation mount and let most of us who pay our hard earned despise the guy for appearing to be a good for nothing waster who looks like he is earning money under false pretences???

Presumably the club do not want to make the "issue" to public in case it deters any potential club who just might be interested in taking him off of our hands, but, I am sorry as long as he is OK with whatever the club want to put out then surely it would put an end to all speculation and at least allow us to make our own minds up?

"If" the guy does have a medical problem and "if" its what has been speculated then I would suggest a lot of our opinions might just slightly change, I know that mine certainly would.

These sort of types of "issues" can affect anyone at anytime, age, race, profession or wealth and "if" he is suffering then as one who has witnessed at first hand the effects of this type of illness then he would have my deepest sympathies - Just please Ashton Gate management give us a clue????

There must be some talent there as Allerdyce got it out of him for a few seasons in a decent Bolton side.

Precisely...theres nowhere to hide in the Premier League.

A good Man manager will know how to get the best out of his Players.... Look at Old Cloughie god bless him. Took that animal Kenny Burns from Birmingham to Forest and turned him into Eoropean Footballer of the Year.

Players are like racehorses...sometimes a change of satble brings results, sometimes it doesnt..

Nicky Hunt is certainly a long term mystery, he's had many of us bemused for the last 8 months.

Interesting thread not long after his arrival last August:

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/129877-nicky-hunt/page__p__1277639__hl__%2Bnicky+%2Bhunt__fromsearch__1#entry1277639

Archived