IGNORED

Nicky Hunt Watch

Slave to the rhythm

Taken from today's EP...Sextone talking about Hunt. The whole 'Can of Worms' speaks volumes to me. Something strange is going on imho, and the Club are keeping it close to their chest.

"I've worked closely on the football side of things over the past few years and that experience will stand me in good stead when I take over," said Sexstone. "It's up to me to learn from past mistakes.

" I remember being on holiday last summer, sat by the pool with the mobile phone stuck to my ear, signing someone and thinking I was getting a good player for the club, only to later discover we had opened a can of worms."

In order to avoid a repeat of the Nicky Hunt episode - the defender signed a two-year deal when moving from Bolton last summer, but has hardly kicked a ball for City and is now deemed surplus to requirements - Sexstone will demand all future signings are thoroughly researched before being sanctioned at boardroom level.

I actually do feel a degree of sympathy for the bloke. He can't be as bad as everybody is making out, In the Blackpool friendly he did look classy until he got injured. The Leeds game yes he was woeful but people seem to forget he played a part in our goal at Elland Road. There must of been a major fall out along the line, dropping him like they have after 1 bad performance seems rather harsh in all honesty.

Taken from today's EP...Sextone talking about Hunt. The whole 'Can of Worms' speaks volumes to me. Something strange is going on imho, and the Club are keeping it close to their chest.

"I've worked closely on the football side of things over the past few years and that experience will stand me in good stead when I take over," said Sexstone. "It's up to me to learn from past mistakes.

" I remember being on holiday last summer, sat by the pool with the mobile phone stuck to my ear, signing someone and thinking I was getting a good player for the club, only to later discover we had opened a can of worms."

In order to avoid a repeat of the Nicky Hunt episode - the defender signed a two-year deal when moving from Bolton last summer, but has hardly kicked a ball for City and is now deemed surplus to requirements - Sexstone will demand all future signings are thoroughly researched before being sanctioned at boardroom level.

Yes, I read that and was intrigued by the comments.

Nicky Hunt is no longer just a player, he is an "episode"!!

I actually do feel a degree of sympathy for the bloke. He can't be as bad as everybody is making out, In the Blackpool friendly he did look classy until he got injured. The Leeds game yes he was woeful but people seem to forget he played a part in our goal at Elland Road. There must of been a major fall out along the line, dropping him like they have after 1 bad performance seems rather harsh in all honesty.

He is worse than everybody is making out. It wasn't one bad performance (he played a part in at least two of their three goals) it was every competitive game he has played for us.

We ought to sack him for incompetence at the end of the season just to make a point, even if we have to pay him to go the hell away.

Hunt is a L E E C H. He is taking (not earning as he does f all) money under false pretences??? Part of me thinks that can you really blame him when someone at the Gate was daft enough to give him an extortionate contract when in hindsight the writing was on the wall when looking at his past record over the past couple of seasons, but, surely IF he has any professional pride then he or his agent should be admitting that it is not working out so lets look at a suitable agreement to part ways?

Whilst he is presently earning good money whilst providing naff all then I am sorry he is earning money unfairly?

Some on here are mentioning certain stories that are being banded about as to what this can of worms sextone mentioned actually is....

So let's have them, if anyone IS really in the know and can tell us why this bloke has been such a disaster please do, I think we have a right to know why money we, us fans, who's money pays the blokes wages every week, is being pissed down the drain.

PS- anyone on here got hunts name on the back of there shirt? Please give us all a laugh and own up.

Now that we are 99% safe; surely the time is now to give this guy a game, at least at home.

The team is now full of confidence, so if he came on and had a 'mare, I think we could cope. The time has passed where the crowd have been nervy, so they may be a bit more forgiving.

Is it worth a shot or is this situation really beyond repair ?

Now that we are 99% safe; surely the time is now to give this guy a game, at least at home.

The team is now full of confidence, so if he came on and had a 'mare, I think we could cope. The time has passed where the crowd have been nervy, so they may be a bit more forgiving.

i see what you're saying but until we are 100% safe, i would not feel confident with him in the team if there is still a chance (albeit a small chance) that we can go down.

Bit like a spartan Phalanx, it all works as one strong unit. If there is one weak link, then it shatters.

I've seen about a few times and everytime he has spoken and seemed pleasant enough.. Unlike some others that simply walk passed and ignore people. In fact he makes a point of saying hello and asking after you.

Not sure what has happened with him but he seems a decent bloke.

I think Sexstone's comments in the EP indicate that the situation is beyond repair. Best wait for Steve Lansdown's autobiography for the full story!

Can't argue with what most people are saying but how come he hasn't gone out on loan to someone? I know he's bad, but surely someone would take him on? Sheffield Wednesday (ex-Bolton boss Megson there), Notts County, Preston (Phil Brown ex-Bolton coach - get Jones in the summer, offer them Hunt for free), Morecambe - anybody!!

For whatever it may be worth, I heard months ago from a source I would regard as trustworthy that Hunt - like the man who signed him, ironically - has suffered intermittently for a long time from depression, which may or may not be what CS was alluding to when he spoke about needing to know the full background on a player before committing to signing him.

Of course, even if this information is accurate, it may not be the only or the most important reason his signing has proved so disastrous; there may be other issues. If it is true, then on a human level he deserves some sympathy, but CS is right in making the point about it being essential to do your homework on a man before you decide to employ him. Perhaps Coppell was struggling himself so much at the time he neglected to do this adequately...

tbh, whilst i'm curious i don't think its right to discuss his private life over a fans forum.

That's a fair point and one reason haven't previously repeated what I posted above, but on the other hand footballers choose to pursue a career which puts them very much under public scrutiny. And if a personal issue impacts on the player's ability to do his job properly, then it is bound to become the subject of speculation: it goes with the territory.

That's a fair point and one reason haven't previously repeated what I posted above, but on the other hand footballers choose to pursue a career which puts them very much under public scrutiny. And if a personal issue impacts on the player's ability to do his job properly, then it is bound to become the subject of speculation: it goes with the territory.

In any other career, this kind of problem would usually manifest as lots of absence. It would soon involve occupational health assessing how the company could support the employee in recovering and performing their contractual duties and failing that it would lead to eventual dismissal. No reason football should be any different IMO.

However I doubt Hunt is absent as such, just showing up and doing sod all - which is much harder to do anything about even if you worked in normal industry. In football players have a fixed term contract that probably has clauses preventing a lot of the normal actions being taken. Given that, and given that the player doesn't appear to have the integrity to face up to his inability to do what he is being paid a fortune for, I have very little sympathy for his right to privacy. The sooner we're rid the better, he can go back oop north and be depressed with the rest of them northern monkeys in a fitting environment for it.

i see what you're saying but until we are 100% safe, i would not feel confident with him in the team if there is still a chance (albeit a small chance) that we can go down.

Bit like a spartan Phalanx, it all works as one strong unit. If there is one weak link, then it shatters.

I presume you mean a Spartan Hoplite line. Also the Spartans prided themselves on the fact that they were the only nation that could reform after a line break and not fail.

Works with other Greek states, not so much Spartan. But I understand what you were trying to say.

I will trot off back to write my paper on Sparta.

In any other career, this kind of problem would usually manifest as lots of absence. It would soon involve occupational health assessing how the company could support the employee in recovering and performing their contractual duties and failing that it would lead to eventual dismissal. No reason football should be any different IMO.

However I doubt Hunt is absent as such, just showing up and doing sod all - which is much harder to do anything about even if you worked in normal industry. In football players have a fixed term contract that probably has clauses preventing a lot of the normal actions being taken. Given that, and given that the player doesn't appear to have the integrity to face up to his inability to do what he is being paid a fortune for, I have very little sympathy for his right to privacy. The sooner we're rid the better, he can go back oop north and be depressed with the rest of them northern monkeys in a fitting environment for it.

Ahem, yes, well.. not the most politically correct or compassionate take on the matter, but nevertheless harshly realistic. You're right, of course, he has to be moved on, in whatever way it takes to achieve that, both for his own good and that of the club. If Coppell hadn't had the insight into his own situation to remove himself before somebody else had to do it, perhaps a similar situation might have arisen with him. Bad enough with a full back; having a problem of that nature with the manager doesn't bear thinking about.

Ahem, yes, well.. not the most politically correct or compassionate take on the matter, but nevertheless harshly realistic. You're right, of course, he has to be moved on, in whatever way it takes to achieve that, both for his own good and that of the club. If Coppell hadn't had the insight into his own situation to remove himself before somebody else had to do it, perhaps a similar situation might have arisen with him. Bad enough with a full back; having a problem of that nature with the manager doesn't bear thinking about.

I have very little tolerance for political correctness as you might have noticed :-)

I'd be quite happy to be compassionate if the player came forward to the club and said "look, I have this problem and I need some help sorting it out". But in reality he signed a contract knowing full well he had a problem that he should have told us about and would prevent him fulfilling it properly and is now getting paid a fortune for not doing his job. He was probably already a millionaire when he came here, so he didn't need to take the piss.

I have very little tolerance for political correctness as you might have noticed :-)

I'd be quite happy to be compassionate if the player came forward to the club and said "look, I have this problem and I need some help sorting it out". But in reality he signed a contract knowing full well he had a problem that he should have told us about and would prevent him fulfilling it properly and is now getting paid a fortune for not doing his job. He was probably already a millionaire when he came here, so he didn't need to take the piss.

How do you know he hasn't, and City might be helping him for all we know. And how do you know he signed a contract knowing full well he had a problem? The fact is nobody knows, or is prepared to say on here, so your presumption is based on what fact?

Not being funny, but you've come to your own conclusion based on no known facts whatsover, apart from what you presume is the case.

Archived