IGNORED

Jordan Spence

gordie

Couldn't make yesterdays game and just wondered how Spence had played as the previous 3 games i thought he didn't do to well, the main downside being his distribution(where have we heard that before about our fullbacks) anyway hopefully he did ok.

Thought he did ok? However, I can't see the point in playing another clubs 19 year old when we have our own on the bench who's not been tried yet.

I wonder if we're looking at Spence for a perm signing in the summer? He has looked pretty good to me. He has the ability on the ball but needs experience.

Ribeiro is made of glass and much as I want to see him succeed he has little time left to convince he's worth persisting with because of his injuries.

Not seen Edwards but presumably the management team have.

I wonder if we're looking at Spence for a perm signing in the summer? He has looked pretty good to me. He has the ability on the ball but needs experience.

Ribeiro is made of glass and much as I want to see him succeed he has little time left to convince he's worth persisting with because of his injuries.

Fair comment about Riberio, he looks to have the ability going forward but defensively he is a bit naive but he is never going to get the experience when he is injured as much as he is, as for Jordan im sure your right about him needing the experience but now that we look pretty much safe could we not give Edwards a couple of games there, im sure Millen said he thinks he has the ability and is one to look out for so maybe we should have a look now in a couple of games

Fair comment about Riberio, he looks to have the ability going forward but defensively he is a bit naive but he is never going to get the experience when he is injured as much as he is, as for Jordan im sure your right about him needing the experience but now that we look pretty much safe could we not give Edwards a couple of games there, im sure Millen said he thinks he has the ability and is one to look out for so maybe we should have a look now in a couple of games

Is Edwards more left or right sided? Certainly agree now is a good time to look at the younger players - maybe one more win first though. We only have Spence until the 31st March as things stand?

Are Danny Ball and the two Irish lads worth a spot on the bench as well?

I have nothing against Spence but I really feel it's now or never for Joe Edwards. I know Keith wants a succesful end to the season but if he's 'One for the future' like he's claimed in some interviews on BCFC Player, then surely he is good enough to play now just needs match experience. With nothing important to play for it really is the perfect time now.

Spence only has a 28 day loan so there can't be too long left? Also isn't his natural position centre-back? Maybe if we are looking at him as a permanent signing he could replace Caulker when he leaves? Spence supposedly has masses of potential.

I think we are looking at Spence in that way.

Our other RB options are Carey, a fantastic servant (out of contract this summer) but who will be 35 during next season, Ribeiro, as you say very injury prone, and with minimal Championship experience, Hunt, already mentioned elsewhere today and Edwards, who is also out of contract in the summer and the fact that KM has now gone for Spence on loan rather than give him a run when they are virtually the same age may well be significant.

I'd doubt more than one out of those first four will be with us next season but possibly Spence could also be.

Spence has been ok and gone about his role in steady but not spectacular fashion. He didn't get forward much yesterday but then neither Nyantanga on the other side and that may well have been team orders. Positionally he looked aware and I can remember only one time when he was out of position.

We haven't yet seen him up against some one like Albert and it will be interesting to see how he copes against real pace and quick feet.

So far so good I'd say.

i thought that was his last game for us yesterday unless it gets extended and by the way he seamed to clap the crowd yesterday at the end it looked to me as if he was going back to WHU! Which would be a shame as i thought he had his best game for us yesterday.

was harshly used as a scapegoat last game had a decent game and supported Adomah when he thought we were dominating play, one of the biggest reasons our full backs haven't attacked the flanks much this season we don't keep the ball enough for the defenders to not to always rush back although of course they should this anyway. also Cisse always covering a defender who attacks I've noticed also instantly replacing that player.

Having said that all I wouldn't be surprised if we were looking at him but possibly to replace Caulker in CB his more favored position.

Archived