IGNORED

Should I Stay Or Should I Go

Big Stan Hibbert

I say go. Kingswood is only 20 mins away, and she can ring you. The baby won't come THAT quick. Plus when you're sleep deprived in a couple of weeks you might not have the energy to go, so you should go now while you can.

(please don't kill me Mrs Hibbert!)

Mrs Hibbert 39 wks pregnant, I'm wondering whether I should go tomorrow. She's a bit worried it might all happen whilst I'm at football.

Advice wanted please... (for my sins I'm over Kingswood way so would take a bit of time getting back and this is the second so it could all happen pretty quickly).

There will be 100,s of footy matches to watch in the coming years Stan...but you should be with your wife and not risk missing the most amazing moments any human can experience..:fingerscrossed: .

besides I think we are going to get fockerised by Donny tomorrow...:banana:

I will have an extra Pie in your Honour..:yawn:

Better yet, to allay her concerns, bring her with you. Ashton Gate is closer to the maternity hospital than Kingswood. And if you sit in the Dolman and can't get out of the stand in time at least you'll have a child that's truly able to claim to have been a City fan at birth.

Better yet, to allay her concerns, bring her with you. Ashton Gate is closer to the maternity hospital than Kingswood. And if you sit in the Dolman and can't get out of the stand in time at least you'll have a child that's truly able to claim to have been a City fan at birth.

Correct, St micheals is fab, honest. Also , women gestate for much longer than they used to so 39 weeks is nothing.......

Hmmm thinking I should take Dolly's advice at the mo... for purely selfish reasons of course. I'd like nothing more than to bring Mrs Hibbert with me but alas, as some of you may know, she suffers from a terrible hereditary affliction which makes her lean towards the blue side of town. (I did of course count her fingers before we were wed).

I'm pretty sure I could get back in time should things kick off....:fingerscrossed:

Go to the game!!!

I managed to fit a city game in and see the birth of my daughter, she was born 6.30pm and

i got to the game by 7.45pm, then back to see them both after the game :innocent06:

A birthday i will never forget as city lost to cardiff 1-0 2nd leg of the play off at ashton gate!!

Blimey was that really almost 8 years ago :innocent06:

If she is almost due then she probably won't be drinking. Get her to drop you at the pub then wait outside in the car during the game. That way if her waters. Break then she is ready, behind the wheel, to shoot straight up to st michaels once you get out of football. SORTED! Actualy, just thought, you might have to miss some the 2nd half. Best turn your mobile off until the final whistle! :)

My little skin and blister was at the Blackpool home match two years ago the day before she dropped, which was three weeks early.....I say go!

The other way to look at it is this? How long would it take you to get from work to home in the middle of a working day? If it's longer than it would take to get from the Gate to home, then are you considering not going to work? If not, then I don't see why you should not go to the game!

Go. Shell be in contractions for hours anyways

She might not be - Voice of Experience here - Had both mine in less than 4 hours however I was bang on time with one and 10 days late with the other one not a week early

Go to the game Stan, unless she says she has backache and feels a bit odd or is having contractions!

My dad was called out of a reserve match when I was born. How times change.:innocent06:

Quality.

I like to claim it was planning that my daughter was born the week after the season ended but working nine months back I can't really say that..........

Mrs Hibbert 39 wks pregnant, I'm wondering whether I should go tomorrow. She's a bit worried it might all happen whilst I'm at football.

Advice wanted please... (for my sins I'm over Kingswood way so would take a bit of time getting back and this is the second so it could all happen pretty quickly).

Go, far more important :innocent06:

The other way to look at it is this? How long would it take you to get from work to home in the middle of a working day? If it's longer than it would take to get from the Gate to home, then are you considering not going to work? If not, then I don't see why you should not go to the game!

My thoughts exactly...

She might not be - Voice of Experience here - Had both mine in less than 4 hours however I was bang on time with one and 10 days late with the other one not a week early

Go to the game Stan, unless she says she has backache and feels a bit odd or is having contractions!

Well the backache thing started on Wednesday so guessing that it's either a very slow start to labour or Mrs H is putting it on a bit... :innocent06:

Take her to the football. Imagine your child being born on the centre spot!!

Or a last minute penalty to Doncaster and she waddles on swiftly to give birth on the penalty spot.

That should put the penalty taker off.

Update please - Did you go to the match or not ?

Yes, went to the game and no... nothing has happened yet. It's strange this waiting game, knowing that something so life changing is imminent but not knowing exactly when. Still feels odd even though its our second.

By the way, thanks for all the suggestions around taking Mrs Hibbert to the Gate. I did put it to her... and copped a loada verbal and a black eye for my trouble. ;)

Yes, went to the game and no... nothing has happened yet. It's strange this waiting game, knowing that something so life changing is imminent but not knowing exactly when. Still feels odd even though its our second.

By the way, thanks for all the suggestions around taking Mrs Hibbert to the Gate. I did put it to her... and copped a loada verbal and a black eye for my trouble. ;)

You mentioned your wife 'leans to the blue side' - what measures are you taking to ensure your children grow up 100% Red?dunno.gifcity.gif

You mentioned your wife 'leans to the blue side' - what measures are you taking to ensure your children grow up 100% Red?dunno.gifcity.gif

Well, for the 2 yr old girl....

Teddy bear called "David James"

Toy robin - named "Pitman"

Shouts "City Goal" whenever she sees the City badge

I think the Mrs has reluctantly accepted that the kids will start out as City supporters, hopefully thats the way it stays. I think she has her eye on Saturdays free to spend with the girls and go shopping, "do lunch" or go to watch the other lot. It's surely every Dad's dream to take his kids to football and have them support the team he does?

It's surely every Dad's dream to take his kids to football and have them support the team he does?

Bloody right! It's expensive in the long run mind.....................

First game I took my eldest to we lost 1-0 at home to Chester. Bizarrely enough, it got him hooked, now my Barclay Football card pays for it all. Zero % credit, love it, I'll have paid for the 2008/9 season tickets soon :laughcont:

Archived