IGNORED

Maynard

gater2

Looks 'lazy' and not putting the effort in according to you, well that will do for me, if he keeps scoring he can play in his slippers smoking a pipe.

But you are a WUM Original, and considering we need to keep our best players for next season I just can't understand why you want to post such negaitive comments on this forum (and on the back of a win) and the winning goal scored by.... Nicky Maynard :rolleyes:

Im a WUM? thats good then, im glad you choose to belive that, i dont really care! afterall im not on here to make friends, im here to debate so lets stick to it? .... just a thought!!

Was relieved to see NM recovering after being clobbered by Friend first half, down for a while with what looked like a knee problem. He was class today although not quite sure how he missed that chance in the 6 yard box first half.

Ok hes still scoring goals but he doesnt look like the player he was last season, he looks lazy and non interested for me.

Sorry? If anything he looks more interested. He is playing off the shoulder more now and is running in behind constantly, his reaction to scoring shows how much he cares in itself. I actually think he looks a better all-round player right now and he looks sharper and a little quicker off the mark than lasts season.

He's only played 7 games this season and he's scored 5 goals, this coming back from an injury. Most strikers do not hit this kind of form for at least 10-15 games due to still getting over lack of match fitness and so on. He's probably still not 100% in terms of getting back in the swing of things and he's still scoring in 71% of his matches, what more could we ask of him!?

Couldn't have put it better myself. 5 goals in 7 starts following an injury of that length is stunning.

Don't even want to think what could have been possible this season if Maynard had been fit for all of it!

Against every sensible instinct in my body I've even quietly begun to believe he could still fire us into the playoffs and we could do a Blackpool! But I'd never say that out loud...... :innocent06:

Agree on the first bit, and the 2nd bit but not sure about Blackpool comparison- they were always up and around the playoffs for most of the season, certainly not as low as us at all.

He's done very well since he got back, no complaints on his goals/games ratio at all. One thing I would point to though- no spectacular goals as yet, certainly not a'la last srason. They all count though and this may well be due to greater service from wide...

I don't agree with Original Reds thoughts at all, if anything I feel NM has looked like he wants to make up for lost time.

I do think his game has changed though, he hasn't quite got his shooting boots on yet, the "sweet strikes" of last season haven't been on show, except maybe the Coventry goal. Of the 5 goals he has scored 4 of them have been the "poacher" type goals that some people wondered if he had in his game. If he starts scoring a combination of both, god help any defence he comes up against.

so "im talking out of my arse" isnt a personal insult? are you sure? because in my book it is, along with every other mindless attack. you dont just "not agree" with someone, you take it to far and insult them aswell, like alot of people do on this forum (which has had its day). i attack who attack me, i never attack somone because i feel like it, because i dont agree with them... theres a big defference! Maynard looks lazy, now it may just be me, it may be other things but thats my opinion and thats how it will stay, end of.

Ok hes still scoring goals but he doesnt look like the player he was last season, he looks lazy and non interested for me.

How do you work that 1 out? i havent posted on here for ages, and when i do its hardly ever negative? im stating my opinion just like you guys but i dont agree with yours so i turn into the scape goat? lovely... classic OTIB! muppets!

So why do you feel the need to post insults on here when we both know full well you wouldnt talk to me like that face to face? unless your a mouthy so and so... seriously i didnt come on here to argue, i was pointing somthing out and got torn into because of it so am i not entitled to defend myself and my opinion when i get personaly attacked? ok dont agree with me, i dont mind that but why should i take the level of abuse aimed at me because of it? some people take things waayyy over the top its un real!

You say about personal insults but by calling Maynard "Lazy" and "non interested" is a personal insult and so i calling people Muppets for saying your wrong.

You mention about people saying it "face to face" but if you met Maynard would you really say "Hey Nicky, your lazy this season!". I am guessing not.

And Finally you saying about discussions but now people are saying your not correct, which is their views, you start saying people and attacking you and by calling them muppets your not being the bigger man. No-one called you any names before you said that, and infact you started the name calling.

You are wrong about Maynard being lazy, in my opinion, and wrong about the majority of comments you have put on this thread. (In my opinion)

Archived