IGNORED

Talk Of The Town

just asking the question, should the club be doing more to attract bigger crowds?

With money tight and us having a poor season, do you think the club should be offering more discounts?

A city the size of Bristol we should be filling Ashton Gate.

They did do a discount yesterday...

Actually after yesterdays first half, I was sat their wishing i'd stayed in the pub. And it looked like a lot around me felt the same way. In fact people were talking about Man Utds 4-2 win at West ham rather than the game. :disapointed2se:

Regardless of the price or the incentives, to get more than 15 000 on a regular basis at Ashton Gate or Ashton Vale, whilst we are in the Championship, then i can't see us getting anymore tbh.

If we were in an automatic promotion spot, then you will always get the Glory hunters that will fill the empty seats, and if we were in the Prem, we would have more, but as it stands, I think 14 000 will be the norm.

If people were really interested, they would come. Regardless.

Actually after yesterdays first half, I was sat their wishing i'd stayed in the pub. And it looked like a lot around me felt the same way. In fact people were talking about Man Utds 4-2 win at West ham rather than the game. :disapointed2se:

Regardless of the price or the incentives, to get more than 15 000 on a regular basis at Ashton Gate or Ashton Vale, whilst we are in the Championship, then i can't see us getting anymore tbh.

If we were in an automatic promotion spot, then you will always get the Glory hunters that will fill the empty seats, and if we were in the Prem, we would have more, but as it stands, I think 14 000 will be the norm.

City have been very inconsistent over the years, and the entertainment level is very low.

You call them glory hunters, i call them sensible, in this day when money is very tight.

Paying over the odds for what is dished up.

When the team start to give value for the money, on a regular basis, supporters will come back slowly.

It's been said on this forum enough how badly we have played, sadly the best form City are showing is now, when the season is as good as over. So you will not get too many paying on the day.

If your a season ticket holder you don't really have a choice unless you want to lose money

I know of 2 who ripped up there ticket half way through the season.

I thought yesterday was very good turn out.

just asking the question, should the club be doing more to attract bigger crowds?

With money tight and us having a poor season, do you think the club should be offering more discounts?

A city the size of Bristol we should be filling Ashton Gate.

The club could have done more to make the game more attractive to floating supporters by opening up the East End to the pay-on-the-dayers. There had been numerous posts suggesting this - prior to the Doncaster game - but the club ignored them.

I said to my brother on the way to the game yesterday how none of the supporters seemed to have a spring in their step which you would have expected at a home game at AG.It was almost like the men were being dragged into town shopping. Is this a sign of a dissappointing season with nothing at stake. The sun was shining, we are on a good run, but there is no matchday buzz anymore. Why??

They did do a discount yesterday...

They should do it far more frequently.

3 extra in our group yesterday encouraged by the £10 tickets, and all 3 bought a City shirt, again clinched because of the reduction.

All enjoyed the day and would go regularly but they simply can't afford it.

Lots more deals like yesterday plus pay on the day U.21 tickets at £10 - 12 for every game would see a real surge in attendances imo.

As a youngster the price didn't come into it for me when deciding to watch City or not - these days it is simply far too expensive for many.

As a season ticket holder I took advantage of the £10 bring a friend scheme, however I am baffled by the following;

Why limit it to one game out of three?

What about the Forest & Hull games?

Why make it impossible for your "friend" to use the Dolman bar as they only have a match ticket?

Thats a joined-up match day experience for you(sic).

I`m fed-up bleating to the club about my last point, never get an answer-DL are you listening?

The club like to talk a good talk, but in reality they are not as clued-up commercially as they would like to think.

CTID.

Charlton 15,800

Southampton 22,377

Sheffield Wednesday 15,663

All in league one, so not really a fair comparison :dunno: but if these teams were in the championship they would obviously have bigger attendences than us, pushing us further down the list. We aren't a small club by any means but our current attendences would seem to indicate otherwise! (we had the second smallest gate in the championship yesterday).

The attendences are very poor, not just for this league but for the fan base we have. Clearly something ain't right, whether it's entertainment value or prices of tickets then it needs to be looked at because frankly I thought yesterday was one of the most boring atmospheres I've ever been a part of at Ashton Gate and 13,700 is not an acceptable attendence for a bristol city championship fixture regardless of the opponents.

Yesterday, we had the second lowest attendance in our league, only Preston were lower.

I think there are many incentives the Club could do, but as has been pointed out, the Club don't think through ideas properly. What's the point of bringing a mate if you can't take them in the bar for a drink with you?

At this point of the season, there should be incentives like yesterdays, for every home game left. What have the Club got to lose? Get people interested again, in time for next season.

Tbh, there is so much Football shown on TV these days, nearly everyday, that people get their fix without having to go to the ground.

It has become bland. Tbh...when was the last time you sat enthralled at an entertaining game of football and couldn't take your eye's off of it?

For me, there has only been one game this season. Barcelona v Arsenal. Having to pay £25/28 a game, to see 'average' football is just not value for money these days.

Let's be honest, we are smaller than many in this division, but several of those we are bigger than, such as Scunny, Barnsley, Millwall ,Watford and the side we played against, were all away from home on Saturday......

for the most part football at ashton gate has been poor saturday was no different,

People are just board of it and not turning up,

That and all the cuts the govenment are makeing people can't afford to watch football anymore and are fed up of over inflated wages,

All these things add up if they made EE pay on the day we'd still only get 14k makes no difference

13 700 for a meaningless midtable game is a pretty good attendance for us though, no? Since when have we got more than that, playing at this level? (not counting playoff/promotion years)

I first started watching City when we were lower midtable in the 2nd tier (i.e. where we are now) in the early/mid 90s. Prices were a lot less then, so that wasn't an excuse for not going. I remember there being only 6000 there for the smaller games.

As a season ticket holder I took advantage of the £10 bring a friend scheme, however I am baffled by the following;

Why limit it to one game out of three?

What about the Forest & Hull games?

Why make it impossible for your "friend" to use the Dolman bar as they only have a match ticket?

Thats a joined-up match day experience for you(sic).

I`m fed-up bleating to the club about my last point, never get an answer-DL are you listening?

The club like to talk a good talk, but in reality they are not as clued-up commercially as they would like to think.

CTID.

Pretty sure that the Forest game is one of the SUN newspapers, two for £19-50 offers. I took advantage of this for the Coventry away game, although those tickets were limited to a few hundred. Not sure if the same limitations apply for home matches.

Archived