IGNORED

Tv & Radio Advertising

Show Me The Money!

Anyone know if there is a reason why Bristol City don't advertise on the TV or local radio to get more fans to come to games? Are they not allowed to?

Seems like we are missing a trick to me. Great opportunity to sell the club to a wide audience and attract more of this talked about huge catchment area of ours.

Thoughts?

Anyone know if there is a reason why Bristol City don't advertise on the TV or local radio to get more fans to come to games? Are they not allowed to?

Seems like we are missing a trick to me. Great opportunity to sell the club to a wide audience and attract more of this talked about huge catchment area of ours.

Thoughts?

How many other clubs use local TV or Radio to advertise? I don't think I've ever seen or heard such an advert anywhere in the country.

I suspect that there is legistation prohibiting such advertisements otherwise we would have seen such promotions.

The cost wouldn't be prohibitive. It would be very little to advertise on radio and not a huge amount to utilise local commercial TV.

How many other clubs use local TV or Radio to advertise? I don't think I've ever seen or heard such an advert anywhere in the country.

I suspect that there is legistation prohibiting such advertisements otherwise we would have seen such promotions.

The cost wouldn't be prohibitive. It would be very little to advertise on radio and not a huge amount to utilise local commercial TV.

I'm pretty sure Cardiff advertise on something like Real Radio in South Wales..........

I just think if we have ambitions of getting average gates of over 20k and filling the new stadium when it's built (note my confidence there) then the club should be going advertising mad in getting new fans along.

Advertising deals through the City website or via other season ticket holders is pretty much just preaching to the converted. What about those football fans out there who aren't currently City fans (Poor souls) whome we should be trying to get in the ground.

I belive we do very little to attract the general football fan along.

Do we even advertise in the Evil Post upcoming games?

I just think if we have ambitions of getting average gates of over 20k and filling the new stadium when it's built (note my confidence there) then the club should be going advertising mad in getting new fans along.

Advertising deals through the City website or via other season ticket holders is pretty much just preaching to the converted. What about those football fans out there who aren't currently City fans (Poor souls) whome we should be trying to get in the ground.

I belive we do very little to attract the general football fan along.

Do we even advertise in the Evil Post upcoming games?

Ashton gate can only have a maximum of 12500 - 13500 season ticket holders I think,

We we have about 10 - 11k now

Advertise wigan home games on local radio here in wigan, also send flyers in post to mailing list and schools. Also both Manchester clubs advertise on the radio, cup and European games on Manchester stations (work in Salford quays).

Also my son goes to school in wigan and the wigan warriors send a coach in once a week to teach them after school. I think they have 5 of these at moment going to the junior schools. All the kids love them and most want to go to the rl games, I think wigan athletic do the same at other schools. Do we do something similar and if not why not, keeps club in spotlight and all youngsters kept interested know about there local team.

Can't understand why City don't use advertising billboards on prominent roads in Bristol. It seemed to work well for Bristol Rugby before they fell flat on their arse.

I know loads of lads with interest in City but wouldn't have a clue when matches are, perhaps it could tip a few hundred around Bristol into going.

Archived