IGNORED

Bbc Predictor

Tim S

7 Games to go, 7 points off the play offs..... dare you dream?!

I have just done the BBC Football League Predictor and was very generous (and hopeful!) for Citys results.... but sadly still didnt see us making the play offs due to other results. However we finish above Forest in my predictions and QPR and Cardiff getting automatic promotion.

Im quite sure that the real table at the end of the season will look nothing like the one my predictions have provided... but it will be interesting to see just how close I am.

Have a go with your predictions..... how do you see the season panning out??

http://news.bbc.co.u...tor/default.stm

post-361-0-90558400-1301933287_thumb.jpg

I did this myself yesterday, I had Norwich to go up automatically on 80 points tied with Cardiff who miss out on goal difference

I had us to get into play-offs 1 point ahead of Reading

Preston, Sheff u, Scunny to go down

I have to agree that as it stands Norwich are probably in pole position so I think I might have got that one wrong - but a lot can change in 7 games!

We both had Preston, Sheffield Utd and S****horpe to go down - and I think that will probably be realistic come the end of the season. But at the top its all so tight that anything can happen!

I did this myself yesterday, I had Norwich to go up automatically on 80 points tied with Cardiff who miss out on goal difference

I had us to get into play-offs 1 point ahead of Reading

Preston, Sheff u, Scunny to go down

and for bristol city to beat cardiff 6-0 in the play off final would be a fairytale ending.

I thiiiiiiiink. It all depends what happens when we go to Millwall as it's all about momentum and what not. IMO anyways . . . .

89 I agree that is the key game!

We are/must be hopeful of a good result at Barnsley if we can take 3 points there I would suggest we do have chances; Millwall are playing well right now and will be difficult to beat, however I have personally seen us win there more times than I have seen us loose.

In fact the first win i saw there was circa 73 Bobby Gould scored and Clive Whitehead on his debut. I think we beat them 5-2 at home that year at home as it was a daylight match due to the Ted Heath inspired miners strike...You wouldn't believe that I cant remember what I did five minutes ago, but I can remember City games in the 60's!!

Doing mine I kept thinking "My God I'm being really optimistic here", and we still missed out on play offs by 3 points. Think it might be a stretch too far this season, but it's nice to feel like we can push for a play off spot bearing in mind where we were after the first 10 games, and even at Christmas!! Impossible is nothing... COYR!!!

Doing mine I kept thinking "My God I'm being really optimistic here", and we still missed out on play offs by 3 points. Think it might be a stretch too far this season, but it's nice to feel like we can push for a play off spot bearing in mind where we were after the first 10 games, and even at Christmas!! Impossible is nothing... COYR!!!

same here I got us winning them all except one where we drew, but Reading in 6th 8 points ahead of us Reading are on too good form, had Norwich with QPR as auto. But us 9th with 70 points I'll be chuffed if we get near that but it does seem on paper we have "easier" games than some Millwall/Hull hardest challenges be nice to stay unbeaten until the end of the season though.

Its going to be a mixture of City keeping up the good run and other teams above us dropping points. But sadly, I would say that 6 of the 7 or 8 teams we are contending with are going through decent runs themselves and I just cant see them dropping enough points for us to sneak in. Also out of the 7 games I predicted (very hopefully) that City would win 6 of the 7 remaining games and drawing the other one. In reality I think winning 4 of them and loosing/drawing the other 3 is more realistic which would not be enough.

However.... if we can somehow find ourselves heading into the final 5 games with 4 points between us and the play offs then you never know. So that means winning at Barnsley for starters. So lets just see where we are come 5pm on Saturday. If some of the teams above us drop points and we win, then I might start to get quite hopeful! Take each game as it comes.

Of course there is one wild card no one is considering....... How many points might QPR be deducted for using unlicensed agents? Any more than 10 could throw the whole league wide open.

I was just this morning wondering whats happened with that. Didnt the Football League they wanted the situation sorted out as soon as possible so there was no confusion going into the business end of the season??

Yet it all seems to have gone quiet. Is this quietly going to get swept under the carpet or are QPR actually going to get punished for it? Because I get the feeling that QPR are going to get away without any points being deducted.

I was just this morning wondering whats happened with that. Didnt the Football League they wanted the situation sorted out as soon as possible so there was no confusion going into the business end of the season??

Yet it all seems to have gone quiet. Is this quietly going to get swept under the carpet or are QPR actually going to get punished for it? Because I get the feeling that QPR are going to get away without any points being deducted.

My QPR mate says that they appealed for more time to put their case and that was up yesterday, he also believes that 6of the 7 charges have been dropped by the FA, but the one that remains is the use of a unlicensed agent. I would guess that QPR's defence will be based on due diligence (trying to prove they took all reasonable steps to check him out). it will depend on how tough the FA want to look and whether they are prepared for a lengthy appeals process like the Sheff Utd and West Ham thing.

My QPR mate says that they appealed for more time to put their case and that was up yesterday, he also believes that 6of the 7 charges have been dropped by the FA, but the one that remains is the use of a unlicensed agent. I would guess that QPR's defence will be based on due diligence (trying to prove they took all reasonable steps to check him out). it will depend on how tough the FA want to look and whether they are prepared for a lengthy appeals process like the Sheff Utd and West Ham thing.

Didn't we get done for using an unlicensed agent a few seasons back? I think we got a 40k fine or somthing?

As much as I DON'T like this at all. Here is mine...post-12723-0-26350600-1301936289_thumb.j

All in all, that would cap a very good recovery and mean we still finish the season in reasonable form.

Personally, my bench mark is that i would love us to be able to secure 10th place this season, to match the position of last 2 years, yet with positive signs of improvement, rather than the going backwards feeling we have had in previous seasons.

Anything better would be outstanding based on all that has happend this season.

Of course there is one wild card no one is considering....... How many points might QPR be deducted for using unlicensed agents? Any more than 10 could throw the whole league wide open.

decision to be made on may 6th, the day before last game by an independant commission...

could get interesting yet!!!

decision to be made on may 6th, the day before last game by an independant commission...

could get interesting yet!!!

So much for the FA and Football League getting this sorted early then!!

Can you imagine the uproar from Warnock if they deducted 10 or 15 points and that put QPR into 3rd place going into the final season and then missing out on automatic promotion then cocking up the play offs.... Colin Would have a heart attack!

He is 62 you know.....

Archived