IGNORED

Maynard New Contract

grifty

If he doesn't sign a contract by the time We finish the season then he has to go in the summer. We can not afford for him to get to january transfer on his current contract.

Have to agree with this, last thing we need is another situation similar to when Shaun Goater left us for peanuts, only to go on and be a instant hit for Man City.

We get him to sign a contract with a clause saying if we aint fighting for the playoffs then hes free to leave in jan for a said amount say 6mil.

If we need to write off another season in jan then he will be off the following summer anyway so we might as well cash in if we aint gonna be challenging.

Or better still give him a 2/3 yr ext with a buy out clause if we dont make prem next yr. That way we get a full season as we all know that alot can change after christmas in the league. No one can begrudge him a move after next year if we dont make it. Next year is a huge season and we really do have to give it our all. Next season, if he stays we will have maynard, james, adomah and pitman to play with who could all conceivably not be here the next season if we dont go up. Then more rebuilding will be needed and we are back to square 1.

He has to sign in the summer though. Otherwise we have to cash in and we cant wait til jan to offload him for what will be a loss.

I dont think City will hang onto him for that long if he doesnt sign a contract this summer. We will cash in

I don't know, we've seen just how valuable he is to us since he returned, it could end up being a beckford situation where we gamble on him firing us up which will be worth more than any potential fee...

A massive gamble... I'd personally be quite disappointed if he didn't sign a new contract... We have invested a lot of money in the lad on transfer fees wages and medical fees and been pretty loyal to him too... Think he owes us another contract...

I don't know, we've seen just how valuable he is to us since he returned, it could end up being a beckford situation where we gamble on him firing us up which will be worth more than any potential fee...

A massive gamble... I'd personally be quite disappointed if he didn't sign a new contract... We have invested a lot of money in the lad on transfer fees wages and medical fees and been pretty loyal to him too... Think he owes us another contract...

I agree, I really do think he owes us another contract, and at least another season. The time and patience we put into his development, then the money towards his medical bills, he should show some loyalty.

I do think its slightly different then the Beckford situation though. Leeds have turned their finances around massively over the last couple of years, where as we operated on a loss of £12m last year, and will probally operate on another massive loss next year. Lansdown and co have made it clear mistakes have been made in the past that have cost them financially, and with the whole "the club needs to stand on its own feet" scenario....I really dont think its gonna be a gamble they will want to take

I said it months ago, I still think Pittman was bought as Maynards long term replacement

all this talk of loyalty is all well and good but we dont show any when we think a players crap so we cant really expect any the other way round.

It could well be that Maynards injury has made him realise even the most promising career can be over just like that so he's more determined than ever to take an oppurtunity to play at the highest level as soon as possible.

I for one wouldnt blame him at all. I'd do exactly the same thing in his position if the chance came along.

all this talk of loyalty is all well and good but we dont show any when we think a players crap so we cant really expect any the other way round.

It could well be that Maynards injury has made him realise even the most promising career can be over just like that so he's more determined than ever to take an oppurtunity to play at the highest level as soon as possible.

I for one wouldnt blame him at all. I'd do exactly the same thing in his position if the chance came along.

we kept Ivan Sproule long enough!! he even got a new bloody contract!!

I do agree with you totally about players careers being short, and I was one of the first to say I had no problems with Bradley Orr moving on, he has a better offer. With Maynard though, the amount of time and money spent on his development, and then his medical bills.....should be rewarded with at least one more season.

Unfortunately, I dont think he will be a City player next season. My opinion is that, the club cant afford to offer him what he can get else where.

Exactly my feelings too. But I think we should pull out all the stops and pay him enough to stay.

I really do think with Maynard here next season and a few in and a few out we have a great great chance of Promotion.

The amount of money we would get if we went up would make the extra we need to pay Maynard look like peanuts.

Yes it may back fire but that's the gamble? Can we afford it? Can we afford not to if we want to be looking upwards?

The other problem of course is the money may not be the issue and Maynard would prefer to go to pastures new and play in the Prem straight away.

COME ON NICKY - Stay and you'll be playing in the Prem with CITY when you fire us up next Season.

Actually with 7 wins out of 7 :dancing6: we'll be in the PREM next season :mf_sleep:

I think if i was in the situation Nicky finds himself in I'd sign a new contract, even if I was desperate to move that very minute, Just so the club who had taken a punt on me and developed me and stood by me through a serious injury got full value in the transfer market.

Wasn't that what Darren Barnard did for us?

I too wouldn't begrudge him a move to a higher standard, Infact I'd take a firm interest in the side he went to and follow his progress! I'm sure most City fans would feel the same, I do however think this club has been nothing but good for Nicky Maynard... Something I hope he doesn't forget (And listening to the lad I don't think he is the typical football mercenary at all)

I think if i was in the situation Nicky finds himself in I'd sign a new contract, even if I was desperate to move that very minute, Just so the club who had taken a punt on me and developed me and stood by me through a serious injury got full value in the transfer market.

Wasn't that what Darren Barnard did for us?

I too wouldn't begrudge him a move to a higher standard, Infact I'd take a firm interest in the side he went to and follow his progress! I'm sure most City fans would feel the same, I do however think this club has been nothing but good for Nicky Maynard... Something I hope he doesn't forget (And listening to the lad I don't think he is the typical football mercenary at all)

depends if you had an agent whispering in your ear that by not signing a new deal your price would be low enough to attract clubs right now I guess.

personally I'd be amazed but delighted if he signed a new deal.

Who says we cant afford him!!!!

Why not there are plenty of options. We have some players who can be released and free up their wages for him if its bigger weekly wage he wants...

Gavin Williams/Sproule/Murrays/Akinde/Keogh/these are a few players that we have and can afford to get off wage bill, surely some of the weekly wage can contibute to an increased weekly wage to keep our most important player..

Alsowe could ask Mr Nicky Hunt to donate a few grand of his hard earned incapicity wage to Sir Maynard..

Clauses in a three year contract which could be escape clauses for poor team league positioning for promotion to the prem as well.

Speculate to accumalate.. Offer him within reason what he wants.

Wish Gavin Williams wasnt released tho... If he hadnt scored last week.. well enough said...

I agree, I really do think he owes us another contract, and at least another season. The time and patience we put into his development, then the money towards his medical bills, he should show some loyalty.

I do think its slightly different then the Beckford situation though. Leeds have turned their finances around massively over the last couple of years, where as we operated on a loss of £12m last year, and will probally operate on another massive loss next year. Lansdown and co have made it clear mistakes have been made in the past that have cost them financially, and with the whole "the club needs to stand on its own feet" scenario....I really dont think its gonna be a gamble they will want to take

I said it months ago, I still think Pittman was bought as Maynards long term replacement

to be fair to Nicky i think he has repaid us back by keeping us in this division,

to be fair to Nicky i think he has repaid us back by keeping us in this division,

Here here..........he owes BCFC nothing....................if he had come thru the ranks with us from schoolboy and was born in Bristle etc then different story and possibly loyalty would come into play ,but he didn't ........we bought him and paid a club record fee to boot

I just hope we sell him for a club record but cant see us making much profit TBH..........unless he signs something and an extension appears best hope

You can guarantee he will not sign any contracts with "clauses" about offers of X £m's...........too messy.........don't need to do it

Here here..........he owes BCFC nothing....................if he had come thru the ranks with us from schoolboy and was born in Bristle etc then different story and possibly loyalty would come into play ,but he didn't ........we bought him and paid a club record fee to boot

I just hope we sell him for a club record but cant see us making much profit TBH..........unless he signs something and an extension appears best hope

You can guarantee he will not sign any contracts with "clauses" about offers of X £m's...........too messy.........don't need to do it

I disagree if he came through the youths the it's money gained when we sell him. Nicky on the other hand cost us 2.25 million was only young and had a serious injury which we supported him through whilst paying him a very decent wage. People might bang on about you invest more money in someone coming through the yts because the amount of time there at the club etc etc but thats total bunkum.

I personally feel give him a massive payrise that he would find very hard to turn down even if city offered him a contract that was hard to justify you keep him for 6 month to a year then sell him for a hell of alot more than you would do with less than a year on his contract..Fact. :bruce_h4h:

I would tend to disagree with the clauses thing - that is a carrot to dangle if he wasnt inclined to sign a contract - he would obviously want it as low as possible, so that the buy out option is more easily exercised but that might make the difference in him signing or not.

I would personally hope he did us a favour, like darren barnard did, and still make himself very wealthy at the same time - he just seems like a decent lad. If he signed a 3 year contract extension without a sell on clause, I might rename my son in his honour, and run around the ptich naked at half time.

I disagree if he came through the youths the it's money gained when we sell him. Nicky on the other hand cost us 2.25 million was only young and had a serious injury which we supported him through whilst paying him a very decent wage. People might bang on about you invest more money in someone coming through the yts because the amount of time there at the club etc etc but thats total bunkum.

I personally feel give him a massive payrise that he would find very hard to turn down even if city offered him a contract that was hard to justify you keep him for 6 month to a year then sell him for a hell of alot more than you would do with less than a year on his contract..Fact. :bruce_h4h:

What a ridiculous statement.

We did buy him for £2.25m and we did pay his wages (Some clubs have insuarance) and fund his rehabilitation.

why is that a ridiculous statement? unless you highlighted the wrong bit?

What would you expect from your employer if you were Nicky Maynard? His transfer fee and his injury are irrelevant. Insurance may apply for career ending injuries, but surely no club could afford to insure all their players for every injury they pick up? Don't be under any illusion that he would feel obligated to sign on the dotted line because of his recovery. We won't break the bank to keep him, he's a commodity like every other player. If we get £5 miliion for him its good business, and thats what football is nowadays. In the ideal world he'd sign a 5 year deal on £15000 a week and stay, but when he's offered five times that by ****ing Fulham he'll be off. He owes us nothing, as we owe him nothing.

Archived