IGNORED

Hereford Chairman

Both Hereford and Torquay fielded illegal players in the same match. I guess they held it at AG as it is in the middle and they could deal with both clubs at once. Hereford got docked 3 points, Torquay 1 point.

But aren't Hereford Welsh, and therefore should be dealt with by the Welsh F.A the same as a high profile club always do? If that was to be the case, Torquay would have been docked 10 points and Hereford would have been granted automatic promotion, and a large reward to boot.:innocent06:

But aren't Hereford Welsh, and therefore should be dealt with by the Welsh F.A the same as a high profile club always do? If that was to be the case, Torquay would have been docked 10 points and Hereford would have been granted automatic promotion, and a large reward to boot.:innocent06:

It may have been Welsh in the past but I'm pretty sure the County of Herefordshire is as English as Somerset :dunno:

Just for interest's sake; 1994-95 season City were in the relegation frame, but were only one point behind 20th. placed Sunderland. Sensationally at the end of March, Sunderland were found to have fielded an ineligible player. Usually the League deducted at least one point for this offence. This time they imposed a £2,500 fine and at the season's end City went down whilst Sunderland stayed up.

From its foundation in the middle saxon period the city of Hereford has always been in England. Though it was attacked and burnt many times in it,s history. Today Bristol is actually closer to Wales than Hereford.

OK thankyou for that. Looking at a map, Hereford is directly in line with Monmouth, which I have always assumed to be very Welsh. Unless the border meanders around Hereford of course.

OK thankyou for that. Looking at a map, Hereford is directly in line with Monmouth, which I have always assumed to be very Welsh. Unless the border meanders around Hereford of course.

The English border runs just the other side of the River Wye that runs by the edge of Monmouth. I think that Monmouth was once owned by the Bishop of Oxford so it isn't really very Welsh.

(Although in fairness,being just a little Welsh is bad enough)

The English border runs just the other side of the River Wye that runs by the edge of Monmouth. I think that Monmouth was once owned by the Bishop of Oxford so it isn't really very Welsh.

(Although in fairness,being just a little Welsh is bad enough)

my father was sgt major at monmouth castle. and although surrounded by wales monmouthshire was classed as english until the 70,s when it came under control of gwent i think.

Just why were Hereford deducted three points and Torquay only one point, yet, Torquay were on a warning / suspended for previous???

SORRY IT STINKS

Does anybody else think that , actually, Hereford haven't been punished at all for their part in this. Hereford won the match in question 3-1, but all they have been deducted is the points they won by fielding an illegible player. It's almost as if the FA are saying that you must not field unregistered players, otherwise you will not score any points from the game in question, and any points won are taken away. They are not actually punishing the fact that the crime was committed in the first place. Torquay, however, have actually lost a point that they never had in the first place.

my father was sgt major at monmouth castle. and although surrounded by wales monmouthshire was classed as english until the 70,s when it came under control of gwent i think.

King Henry V was born in Monmouthshire - probably England's most celebrated King. Shakespeare himself celebrated his great victory at Agincourt with one of his finest written works.......Some of my favourite excerpts....

I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!' :englandsmile4wf:

& Would I were in an alehouse in London! I would give all my fame for a pot of ale, and safety.

&

Men of few words are the best men.

&

Give them great meals of beef and iron and steel, they will eat like wolves and fight like devils.

I thought upon one pair of English legs

Did march three Frenchmen.

King Henry V was born in Monmouthshire - probably England's most celebrated King. Shakespeare himself celebrated his great victory at Agincourt with one of his finest written works.......Some of my favourite excerpts....

& Would I were in an alehouse in London! I would give all my fame for a pot of ale, and safety.

&

&

Give them great meals of beef and iron and steel, they will eat like wolves and fight like devils.

Henry V had a good carear got short by a serious fatal injury......but in my opinion Henry III has better OPTA stats! :englandsmile4wf:

Oh amd what with the Cobblers love in I thought we were all suposed to be closet Posh fans...can't keep up????

&

&

Bloody Hell Gobbers !

Brought a tear to these patriotic eyes !

You won't find posts of this quality over on the Sags Forum.

Mind you, quite what this has to do with BCFC, I am struggling to understand !

Loved it though

Bloody Hell Gobbers !

Brought a tear to these patriotic eyes !

You won't find posts of this quality over on the Sags Forum.

Mind you, quite what this has to do with BCFC, I am struggling to understand !

Loved it though

I was hoping someone would reply, so well done Sir. Perhaps it has something to do with this club's support being vastly outnumbered on away days. Anyway, here it is from Shakespeare's Henry V in all its glory on the eve of the Battle of Agincourt where our English ancestors were hugely outnumbered by a massive French army and England won the day against enormous odds.......

KING HENRY V

This day is called the feast of Crispian:

He that outlives this day, and comes safe home,

Will stand a tip-toe when the day is named,

And rouse him at the name of Crispian.

He that shall live this day, and see old age,

Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours,

And say 'To-morrow is Saint Crispian:'

Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars.

And say 'These wounds I had on Crispin's day.'

Old men forget: yet all shall be forgot,

But he'll remember with advantages

What feats he did that day: then shall our names.

Familiar in his mouth as household words

Harry the king, Bedford and Exeter,

Warwick and Talbot, Salisbury and Gloucester,

Be in their flowing cups freshly remember'd.

This story shall the good man teach his son;

And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by,

From this day to the ending of the world,

But we in it shall be remember'd;

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;

For he to-day that sheds his blood with me

Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,

This day shall gentle his condition:

And gentlemen in England now a-bed

Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,

And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks

That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.
:englandsmile4wf:

I was hoping someone would reply, so well done Sir. Perhaps it has something to do with this club's support being vastly outnumbered on away days. Anyway, here it is from Shakespeare's Henry V in all its glory on the eve of the Battle of Agincourt where our English ancestors were hugely outnumbered by a massive French army and England won the day against enormous odds.......

KING HENRY V

This day is called the feast of Crispian:

He that outlives this day, and comes safe home,

Will stand a tip-toe when the day is named,

And rouse him at the name of Crispian.

He that shall live this day, and see old age,

Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours,

And say 'To-morrow is Saint Crispian:'

Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars.

And say 'These wounds I had on Crispin's day.'

Old men forget: yet all shall be forgot,

But he'll remember with advantages

What feats he did that day: then shall our names.

Familiar in his mouth as household words

Harry the king, Bedford and Exeter,

Warwick and Talbot, Salisbury and Gloucester,

Be in their flowing cups freshly remember'd.

This story shall the good man teach his son;

And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by,

From this day to the ending of the world,

But we in it shall be remember'd;

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;

For he to-day that sheds his blood with me

Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,

This day shall gentle his condition:

And gentlemen in England now a-bed

Shall think themselves accursed they were not here,

And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks

That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

Quality, as always.

It's not just us that like these words.....here are 4 different versions on YouTube.......as King Harry was born mid way between Bristol and Hereford it is relevent to topic......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOUqXEMFaSs&feature=related

As another CGS old boy, I bow to your intellect. Good research Red Goblin. As an aside, the political arm of the family have moved from Lyneham to Herefordshire to be closer to the family roots. There is a plan and you will get a scoop when available.

Archived