IGNORED

Cardiff

Chessels Chap

yeah, and Cardiff never get preferenetial treatment from the Welsh FA do they, if they don't like it they can join the league of Wales

Personally I hope the english FA do everything within their power to help keep Cardiff out of the prem,

yeah, and Cardiff never get preferenetial treatment from the Welsh FA do they, if they don't like it they can join the league of Wales

Personally I hope the english FA do everything within their power to help keep Cardiff out of the prem,

Yes, keep Cardiff out, but let Swansea in because they actually play attractive football.

Now that WOULD be funny!

Cardiff have got a reletively easy run in. I fear this could be the season they go up. Fair play to them if they do, they have a manager who went out to improve their side after failing at the final hurdle last season. We had a manager who did nothing.

Cardiff have got a reletively easy run in. I fear this could be the season they go up. Fair play to them if they do, they have a manager who went out to improve their side after failing at the final hurdle last season. We had a manager who did nothing.

Please dont depress me.....

What a conundrum. I want Warnock's team to be docked 20 points and hopefully miss out altogether, but I don't want that horrible Welsh outfit to benefit. Can't they both be docked points?!!! That would be a nice end to the season...

Why can't everyone get docked points except us and S****horpe and we go up together

Yes, keep Cardiff out, but let Swansea in because they actually play attractive football.

Now that WOULD be funny!

:city: Because of their fans I would say keep them both out of the Premier League.

Yesterday the Norwich coaches were attacked with bricks breaking windows,do we really want supporters like this in the Championship let alone the Premier League ?

Send them to the league of wales.

So...how's the push for the play-offs going? :innocent06:

We've more chance of being in the playoffs than your sorry lot of overpaid bottling shite have of promotion :)

I wonder how another season in the Championship will go down with the Malaysian? Like a cup of cold sick I should imagine...

Well since you have no chance I beg to differ.

I would imagine the Malaysians would be very disappointed if we didn't go up but they will still be here next year whether we do or not. By contrast your cash cow, Steve Lansdown, is pulling out slowly. I wonder who will pay for your £10m shortfall next season? :laughcont:

Urrff

SL will never desert BCFC, its his baby. and like a farther figure his only hope is to give his baby the best possible hope for the future, he has said on numbers of occasions he wants the club to be self sufficient, with the new stad we are on our way to that.

As always the very generious board will cover any short falls, its not like it will come as any surprise to them, they know what they are involved in and are hardly in it for the money.

Ive spent a lot of time in KL, and they are Premier League crazy, like weirdly crazy, obsessive even :blink:

Most cabs are a shrine to either ManU, Liverpool, Arse or Chelsea, Real Madrid and BArca, Juve too. Theme pubs, bars restaurants, everything. The thing they like most about British football is the passion of the fans, which is weird coming from a Muslim country, although most in KL are 2nd generation Chinese and Indian, the ingenious Malay are pretty sparse in KL

The potential for Cardiff is there, but they need Premier League top 4 and Champions league for several seasons for the Malay to even begin to start taking notice of them on the level of the ones i mentioned.

Urrff

SL will never desert BCFC, its his baby. and like a farther figure his only hope is to give his baby the best possible hope for the future, he has said on numbers of occasions he wants the club to be self sufficient, with the new stad we are on our way to that.

As always the very generious board will cover any short falls, its not like it will come as any surprise to them, they know what they are involved in and are hardly in it for the money.

Ive spent a lot of time in KL, and they are Premier League crazy, like weirdly crazy, obsessive even :blink:

Most cabs are a shrine to either ManU, Liverpool, Arse or Chelsea, Real Madrid and BArca, Juve too. Theme pubs, bars restaurants, everything. The thing they like most about British football is the passion of the fans, which is weird coming from a Muslim country, although most in KL are 2nd generation Chinese and Indian, the ingenious Malay are pretty sparse in KL

The potential for Cardiff is there, but they need Premier League top 4 and Champions league for several seasons for the Malay to even begin to start taking notice of them on the level of the ones i mentioned.

Interesting stuff. I've heard that they are football crazy there. I think there is a lot of potential, but yes, I agree that in reality the vast majority of Malaysians do and always will support the top clubs.

Still, Cardiff are clearly making inroads, as demonstrated by these TV3 news clippings.

http://www.cardiffcity-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/city_make_malaysian_headlines_665001/index.shtml

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6T-7lQyP34

City entering agreement for youth acamemy in Malaysia.

http://football.uk.reuters.com/leagues/world/news/2011/04/05/L3E7F51BI.php

Well since you have no chance I beg to differ.

That was the point.

I would imagine the Malaysians would be very disappointed if we didn't go up but they will still be here next year whether we do or not. By contrast your cash cow, Steve Lansdown, is pulling out slowly. I wonder who will pay for your £10m shortfall next season? :laughcont:

Steve Lansdown will. Pay attention.

I've done business with Malaysians, I doubt very much he'll hang about throwing more money down a failure. He's not in it for the love of it like Lansdown.

I am sure SL will continue to play a central role in the short-term but it would be asking a lot of him to meet that sort of shortfall year by year. On the other hand I am pretty sure your new finance director (a Liverpool ST holder by the way) will be looking to get the books in order pretty quickly. Not sure what effect that is likely to have on the current contract negotiations?

Of course, we are way behind in terms of popularity in Malaysia and won't make much impact until we get promoted. However, if we do then I'd expect us to pick up a lot of support even if we lag behind the giants. And as has been pointed out, we are already getting decent coverage in the media.

In the short term yes, in the long term potentially if the club still fails to turn a profit. He wont let City sink I dont think. Praise be SL.

We need the Stadium, there will be more fans, more money more popularity, attract better players etc. We are getting there though.

I thin kthe club could get so much reward for working with youngsters in Asia, spreading the word as it were. I'm allways championing City when in im Asia and telling them all to watch out for us!

Everwhere in Asia kids play football, they love it. In Bangkok there is big popularity in volly ball football, its over a net like a tennis net, and the ball is half the size, and the can only volly it with their feet head of chest, and MY GOD, some of these kids are good, and i mean technically gifted.

Would get torn to shreads in British league though, Thais are full of beans, but they are tiny.

Next time i'm going to Northeastern Thailand or Ipo in Malaysia I'm going to ask CS if I can take some shirts, scarfs etc for the kids, they play in barefoot and with a 12 yr old Cantona Sharp shirt! They love Football, get them talking about football and they will just real off name after name from the Premier League, usually the first is Rooney. they love him!

Ah well there you go, billions of potential City fans in Asia, only way they are going to know about City is by educating them in the finer football teams in England :icecream:

Sunday on SSN they were discussing the fact QPR may be deducted anything up to 15 points. Worst case scenario, that could be enough to promote Cardiff. :o

The League & FA have to act quick before trophies are awarded and Play Offs arranged. Some years back Chesterfield had points deducted; although they had finished top of their div, they had only a few deducted so they still went up but not as Champions.

One game. Doesn't matter anyway - the FA will make sure we go up :)

Face it, you missed your chance. You know you can't win the playoffs, you'll sack the manager and lose three or four players and next season you'll be mid table if you're lucky.

doubt we will need the play offs. Qpr are going to get hammered and so are Burnley :)

If you think the FA or the league will take promotion off QPR you're barking mate. They will get a token points deduction and a fine.

Swansea have a far better chance of being third anyway, you won't beat Burnley.

Your best hope is to lose heavily in the first leg of the playoffs so you don't waste money on the rest.

Finishing fourth is a disappointment. Not as much as finishing 15th obviously...

Having finished third and lost in the playoff final, and finished 15th, I can assure you the former is FAR more disappointing.

At least you only have two more games to suffer.

Archived