IGNORED

Home Safely

sglosbcfc

We got home safely. The night was not totally without incident as at half time we got banned from using the toilets. Apparently one of the Gents facilities got trashed and was closed and the Police chucked everyone out of the other one despite being directed there by stewards.

After a few appeals for common sense a few of us got shown to a third option which the stewards had to unlock. Although it was a toilet it also doubled as a store room and we had to move traffic cones and the like out of the cubicles to reach the toilet itself.

The implication was that some of 'our lot' smashed up the toilets. If so that's bad news and not to be condoned.

However, to be banned from using them altogether with no real viable alternative was a poor effort.

A bit later on, I think everyone was having to use the Ladies but after the game even that option was not available as far as I could tell.

We got home safely. The night was not totally without incident as at half time we got banned from using the toilets. Apparently one of the Gents facilities got trashed and was closed and the Police chucked everyone out of the other one despite being directed there by stewards.

After a few appeals for common sense a few of us got shown to a third option which the stewards had to unlock. Although it was a toilet it also doubled as a store room and we had to move traffic cones and the like out of the cubicles to reach the toilet itself.

The implication was that some of 'our lot' smashed up the toilets. If so that's bad news and not to be condoned.

However, to be banned from using them altogether with no real viable alternative was a poor effort.

A bit later on, I think everyone was having to use the Ladies but after the game even that option was not available as far as I could tell.

I think this breaches health and safety. They must provide toilet facilities and if the Police were not allowing you to use the toilets, the whole stand should have been closed. Clearly the Police didn't have a clue but common sense in the stewards saved the day.

MM

From the TRAINS point of view

There were about approx 300 of us waiting to leave the Millwall ground for the short walk way trip to South Bermondsey railway station

On arrival at Bristol Temple meads,maybe 200 passengers(including City fans) alighted from the train

So this is how the figures stack up.

A total of 496 City fans

150 on the coaches

350 arrived by other means

50 using their own transport

300 others left the football ground by train

with 200 of them using the train to get back home to Bristol

So the Majority of BRISTOL CITY fans know its the age of the train

There were about approx 300 of us waiting to leave the Millwall ground for the short walk way trip to South Bermondsey railway station

On arrival at Bristol Temple meads,maybe 200 passengers(including City fans) alighted from the train

A total of 496 City fans

150 on the coaches

350 arrived by other means

50 using their own transport

300 others left the football ground by train

with 200 of them using the train to get back home to Bristol

You tell em John!

Glad to hear there was no serious incidents after the trouble in August, perhaps the Millwall 'boys' were all tired out after waving their little flags on Saturday.

A total of 496 City fans

If only 200 passengers alighted from the train at Temple Meads and not all were City fans, this means that the majority of City fans did not take the train per se.

From a train-related perspective: disappointing.

Thank you for the reply about Bristol City fans arriving at Bristol Temple meads

If you would care to come down to Bristol Temple meads at approx 01:15 this THURSDAY morning

we can see together how many passengers normally arrive at Bristol temple meads off of mid-week trains from London

when we went to Charlton for a mid-week game our first to Charlton for quite a few years.

2,000 City fans went to the game and approx 400 City come off the last London Bristol service

Let me know if you want to meet up at 01:15 on the concourse at Bristol Temple meads

Thank you for the reply about Bristol City fans arriving at Bristol Temple meads

If you would care to come down to Bristol Temple meads at approx 01:15 this THURSDAY morning

we can see together how many passengers normally arrive at Bristol temple meads off of mid-week trains from London

when we went to Charlton for a mid-week game our first to Charlton for quite a few years.

2,000 City fans went to the game and approx 400 City come off the last London Bristol service

Let me know if you want to meet up at 01:15 on the concourse at Bristol Temple meads

have a lovely time the pair of you

I would struggle to get there for that time, I'm afraid. However, if you would like to go on your own or accompanied by a more locally-based forum member, I would trust your calculations. Nonetheless, I'm not sure how scientifically accurate your findings would be.

I'm struggling a bit with the figures here , would it be possible to show in the form of a pie chart or even a bar chart.

On the basis of the figures provided to date , it appears that 300 souls set off from London by train but only around

200 arrived at Bistol TM .

Certainly a worrying development and may put further numbers on coaches in the future.

I'm struggling a bit with the figures here , would it be possible to show in the form of a pie chart or even a bar chart.

On the basis of the figures provided to date , it appears that 300 souls set off from London by train but only around

200 arrived at Bistol TM .

Certainly a worrying development and may put further numbers on coaches in the future.

John, don't forget to include the police in these numbers as it was pretty much man to man marking all across town.....:rolleyes:

I was in the toilets which got smashed up at half time, and basically they were absolutely packed and someone then turned the lights off. Some started singing let's go ******* mental and then I heard a big smash and it turns out that was a light cover being ripped off and smashed on the ground. There were a group trying to rip the sinks out and another group who succeed in ripping off the door of a cubicle.

The police then wandered in and their radio was saying that they had been tipped off that Bristol City fans were smashing up the toilets. The police then stopped letting people in and asked everyone to get out. Not really sure what happened after that as I went back to my seat.

Archived