IGNORED

Leadbitters Injury

hinsleburg

sounds like he was rushed straight to hospital with concussion, was unconcsious when medical team reached him but seemed ok when he got to the dressing room according to sky sports.

he didn't seem the nicest piece of work but nobody likes to see an injury like that and hope he fully recovers.

sounds like he was rushed straight to hospital with concussion, was unconcsious when medical team reached him but seemed ok when he got to the dressing room according to sky sports.

he didn't seem the nicest piece of work but nobody likes to see an injury like that and hope he fully recovers.

Dirty little, niggley """" if you ask me, but it's good he seems ok.

Very glad he's ok, lost my temper with a few idiots in the EE yesterday singing "let him die" It could have been a very serious injury (they were taking it that way from the time it took) and if it had been one of our players there would have been an outcry had Ipswich been singing that.

You know who you are, some of you read and post on the forum. At no point was it funny, and im glad I verbally confronted those that said what they were saying.

A few people need to learn when it stops being funny and give it a rest.

Very glad he's ok, lost my temper with a few idiots in the EE yesterday singing "let him die" It could have been a very serious injury (they were taking it that way from the time it took) and if it had been one of our players there would have been an outcry had Ipswich been singing that.

You know who you are, some of you read and post on the forum. At no point was it funny, and im glad I verbally confronted those that said what they were saying.

A few people need to learn when it stops being funny and give it a rest.

Very serious injury? His team mates could clearly be seen laughing and joking doing kick ups with one another.

Very serious injury? His team mates could clearly be seen laughing and joking doing kick ups with one another.

Yeah cos there are seven minute delays all the time in football, and he left the pitch on a spinal board being given oxygen just cos they felt like it?

The other players on both sides were trying to keep warmed up due to such a lengthy delay.

Yeah cos there are seven minute delays all the time in football, and he left the pitch on a spinal board being given oxygen just cos they felt like it?

The other players on both sides were trying to keep warmed up due to such a lengthy delay.

Your never going to stop football supporters reacting/behaving in that way.

Confronting them only leads and lead to further songs/chanting/banter etc and did not help.

Confronting them may make you feel better but will not prevent the supporters doing so in the future.

If one of our players had the same injury at an away ground im pretty sure the majority of their home fans would act the same way but probably on a greater scale (dependant on club & way game was going).

It was a very small minority (not the whole ground). If thats the worst thing that happens in the EE nowadays then its come a long way.

I wouldnt take it upon yourself to try and control other supporters behaviour, not saying its right, just the way it is

Confronting them only leads and lead to further songs/chanting/banter etc and did not help.

Confronting them may make you feel better but will not prevent the supporters doing so in the future.

The best they could come up with in response was get back in the kitchen - YAWN.

I'd rather have voiced my dismay than done nothing, some supporters on here were asking last week why our fans didn't confront those shouting racist abuse at Milwall. Sorry but agree with me or not, i'd do the same thing again.

• Admin

Think your view from the EE was distorted, oxygen was given to him whilst on the floor but when taken off he was put on a spinal board a PURE PRECAUTION.

This is a standard procedure when it is a head injury, to ensure now further damage down in case small bones in neck etc broken.

It became clear quite quickly that the ITFC players knew he was ok as like mentioned above his team mates were joking and talking without any looks of concern.

I'm not even sure he was ever unconcious, as when he hit the ground he put his arm out to cushion his fall, not the action of someone instantly knocked out

One of those scenarios that looks a lot worse than what it really was.

As for the chant, rightly or wrongly this is heard at all grounds when a player is down injured, when does it come acceptable ? Broken leg etc ???

(Personally would be more worried about the need for some to sing Irene song !)

That's a whole other rant of mine at the moment. I prefer the "pretending they don't exist" option rather than this obsession with the will they/won't they go down.

Why doesnt every body stop ranting and getting on there high horse about the smallest of things. We are not the authortiys we are just supporters. If someone wants to sing irene, if someone wants to sing fast, if someone wants to sing slow, alsong as its not hurting anybody then watch the game and do your own thing! If theres a serious problem the stewards and police will deal with it!

Probably one of the reasons the atmosphere is so poor is because there are so many egos and people thinking they are better than others.

The best they could come up with in response was get back in the kitchen - YAWN.

I'd rather have voiced my dismay than done nothing, some supporters on here were asking last week why our fans didn't confront those shouting racist abuse at Milwall. Sorry but agree with me or not, i'd do the same thing again.

What next........telling people off for swearing? :disapointed2se:

Ive just got this vision of you dressed like Nora Batty, with rolling pin....waving it at a group of naughty school kids! jesus!

Sorry but I am with Dolly fully on this one. Thankfully injuries such as this one are very rare but I think that we could all see by the immediate reaction of both sets of players and the referee that it was serious? Also after about five minutes one of the Ipswich coaching staff came running down the touchline in front of the Williams heading towards the dressing room and someone asked him how their player was and he replied "We dont know, hes unconcsious and on oxygen." Now call me old fashioned but when you get a reaction such as this you should work out that this is not your normal "run of the mill" he will get up and run it off type of injury?

So for those with very limited IQ's (On whichever side or wherever they sit) to make ridiculous and derogatory comments is at the best in very bad taste and shows them up for being what they are. Presumably they crack similar jokes when they come across a serious RTA? Total RICHARD heads.

Thankfully it appears that the Ipswich player has recovered and had no serious long term problem.

Im all for having a laugh at a football match and yes I was one who asked Stanley Bowles many, many moons ago as he led on a stretcher (with what later turned out to be a broken leg) under the old floodlight gantry if he was "Alright, there Stan", but, there are times when a respectful silence is required.

I just think that some people should think before they open their mouths and fair shout to Dolls for voicing what most normal, fair minded supporters probably were thinking.

I would focus on the positive.

As he was stretchered off, 90% of City fans gave him a round of applause.

There was certainly a respectful silence from the Dolman and the Atyeo throughout lengthy treatment and, as you say, loud and sympathetic applause as he was stretchered off.

Nobody else in the ground could hear the few impatient kids in the EE who were apparently singing the song that was chanted to every injured opposition player years ago.

What did surprise me was the Ipswich fans were audibly and visibly singing a number of songs fairly soon into the interruption when you'd think they would have been the most sympathetic and anxious.

Your never going to stop football supporters reacting/behaving in that way.

If one of our players had the same injury at an away ground im pretty sure the majority of their home fans would act the same way but probably on a greater scale (dependant on club & way game was going).

It was a very small minority (not the whole ground). If thats the worst thing that happens in the EE nowadays then its come a long way.

I wouldnt take it upon yourself to try and control other supporters behaviour, not saying its right, just the way it is

What a sorry, defeatest attitude you have.

Did anyone call you a drama queen?

You do a lot of good work for the club but fan police you are not. If people chose to react in as different way to you thats their look out. Just worry about yourself.

You were 'dismayed'!? Get a grip.

Personally Im sick and tired of PC brainwashed people telling everyone else of what they can and can not say/do.

(Just for the record I did not chant and clapped the lad off)

You do a lot of good work for the club but fan police you are not. If people chose to react in as different way to you thats their look out. Just worry about yourself.

Personally Im sick and tired of PC brainwashed people telling everyone else of what they can and can not say/do.

amen to this post! exactly right.

About time someone talked some bleeding sense!!

Spot on.

somebody will probably start suggesting that anyone chanting as described should be "banned for life" which is the usual knee jerk

reaction to anyone at AG who does anything other than the sit-down-shut-up-don't-swear-sing-when-your-told-to behaviour that passes for football watching these days.

(And i didn't chant, and did clap etc - from my vantage point in the dolman just above the incident (ie clear view) the medical staff were following a pre=arranged precautionary proceedure for this type of (potential) injury - and at no time did I get the impression that it was very serious from the actions of the Ipswich staff or players, just being sensible)

CR

It's funny that, I'm sick of people who sit there and say 'ah well, what are you going to do, it's not your problem' - this thread, your post and the Millwall chant thread (can of worms opened..sorry) are good cases in point. If the lad was knocked out cold which from the sounds of it he was, 'let him die' is a pretty low thing to be singing. This attitude is really sad and pathetic, let's just turn a blind eye to everything, so long as you're clapping him off, have a medal sir.

It's funny that, I'm sick of people who sit there and say 'ah well, what are you going to do, it's not your problem' - this thread, your post and the Millwall chant thread (can of worms opened..sorry) are good cases in point. If the lad was knocked out cold which from the sounds of it he was, 'let him die' is a pretty low thing to be singing. This attitude is really sad and pathetic, let's just turn a blind eye to everything, so long as you're clapping him off, have a medal sir.

Didn't take long for a smart arse to come on and make a pathetic attempt at twisting my words. Why would I want a medal? I was just demonstrating I didn't agree with he chant.

At no point did I justify the chant, which you are suggesting I did.

It also not about turning a blind eye, you have to choose your battles in life and personally taking on lads at football for chanting is pointless and potentially could of caused more problems than it solved.

'Did you kill a prositute' chant was far more offense IMO, did Dolly challenge the people singing this? point being challenging people for chanting at football is a futile exercise. It's not Dollys responsibility to tell strangers what they should be doing, don't you get that?

People in life are going to say and do things you don't like, if you confront people everytime you feel they have not met your standards its a matter of time before you come unstuck and get yourself into a 'situation', I'm of the opinion its a complete waste of energy and there are FAR bigger issues in life to feel 'dismayed' about.

:yawn:

Didn't take long for a smart arse to come on and make a pathetic attempt at twisting my words. Why would I want a medal? I was just demonstrating I didn't agree with he chant.

It also not about turning a blind eye, you have to choose your battles in life and personally taking on lads at football for chanting is pointless and potentially could of caused more problems than it solved.

'Did you kill a prositute' chant was far more offense IMO, did Dolly challenge the people singing this? point being challenging people for chanting at football is a futile exercise. It's not Dollys responsibility to tell strangers what they should be doing, don't you get that?

People in life are going to say and do things you don't like, if you confront people everytime you feel they have not met your standards its a matter of time before you come unstuck and get yourself into a 'situation', I'm of the opinion its a complete waste of energy and there are FAR bigger issues in life to feel 'dismayed' about.

:yawn:

Dam right an all.

I didn't hear the eastend chanting but then again I haven't heard much of them this season and when it does it sounds like theirs about 200 parriots their with the two speed chant,

I perosnally don't mind the let him die chant as long as its before you relise the exstent of the injury,

It wasn't appariant that it was serious until our Doctor ran on to the pitch that anything was majorly wrong, once alot of people saw that their was a bit of a stunned silence from most sections of the ground and a very respectful clap while he was being led to the tunnel,

Things being posted on here are OTT as normal,

I for one am glad to hear the lad is ok lets leave it at that and move on, instead of getting one upsmanship in,

Must be some reason why you put it in your post. If you care so little about people joining in with it, it should make no difference whether you did.

Don't twist my words, smart arse ;) Turning a blind eye and condoning it are different.

If no one else is going to do anything about it, which they seemingly aren't, why not? All fans represent BCFC. On a personal level I wouldn't want to be associated with the kind of people who think it's funny to chant that kind of thing when someone's just been knocked out, and fair play to DM for sticking up to them.

There's far bigger issues everywhere, that doesn't condone it in any way, and has nothing to do with DM doing anything wrong.

It wasn't appariant that it was serious until our Doctor ran on to the pitch that anything was majorly wrong, once alot of people saw that their was a bit of a stunned silence from most sections of the ground and a very respectful clap while he was being led to the tunnel,

If that's the case, it's more than fair enough, but certainly from the way it's been painted it doesn't sound like that was the end of it.

Archived