IGNORED

Coppell On Talk Sport Tomorrow

Craven arms

I heard an interview with John Madejski once in which he said the first thing his manager (you know who) said at every meeting was "I need two more players". I suspect his idea of being given freedom to manage was exactly that and he had his nose put out of joint when SL, having had his fingers burned before, said there wasn't an unlimited budget. Just as well or we might have ended up with more Nicky Hunt's. Lucky escape for us if you ask me.

Thats exactly how I heard it, said yes, he was selfish but believes he did not damage long term prospects at the club, also said he's not retired but career could be over as nobody would probably employ him - I'm sure some team would.

Palace would. They'd always make the mistake of treating him like Newcastle treat Kevin Keegan - as the messiah.

He is an idiot yes but I do not cloud my judgement because what he is like off the field.

He's ok, as I said there are better strikers in the league.

Such As:

Drogba (The Best)

Torres

Suarez

Anelka

Hernandez (Looks very promising)

Tevez

Bent

Gyan (Again looks promising)

Sturridge (Could turn into a great foward)

Van-Persie

Defoe (On His Day)

In no order at all those fowards are far better than Rooney. You need a crash helmet on every time Rooney has a shot on goal. I have not included A.Carroll simply because I don't see greatness in him. He's got a fantastic head and brings the ball down well from the air. His left foot is not too bad either. But apart from that he has nothing. I honestly believe Maynard is a better foward player than Carroll.

Just because you play for Man Utd does not make a player world class. Another classic case is Ferdinand. Another over-rated defender. J.Terry is better by a country mile. I even believe Gary Cahill is a better defender than he is, even given the evidence Bolton took a hammering.

101 goals from 198 starts says differently.

This season alone he has 11 assits in the league only bettered by Nani, and he was out for a fair bit with injury.

To say Defoe is better is hilarious. He has scored 4 league goals in the past year.

All the other strikers you mention are decent. I think Sturridge will be good but better than Rooney currently- no way. The thing that makes Rooney different class when he is not coming back from injury (which sadly for England he seems to be a lot) is that he doesn't just score, he makes a hell of a lot of goals which most of the others don't.

I heard an interview with John Madejski once in which he said the first thing his manager (you know who) said at every meeting was "I need two more players". I suspect his idea of being given freedom to manage was exactly that and he had his nose put out of joint when SL, having had his fingers burned before, said there wasn't an unlimited budget. Just as well or we might have ended up with more Nicky Hunt's. Lucky escape for us if you ask me.

Or we might have ended up with more Adomah's and Stewart's.

He just wasn't up for it at City, which is sad because his track record is superb and I'm sure if he had of had the hunger, he would have done well long term for us.

Stop making excuses for the cowardly little get! Fact is he arrived in plenty of time to arrange a preseason. A preseason that was trying to squeeze far to much in. He was alowed to bring in Kunle and he was happy to have KM as his ass man! (Opps let's hope not eh?)

Two senior players stated they wanted to leave and he had plenty of time to replace them, he didnt manage to do that. In fact didn't Stead decide to look elsewhere while he was in charge yet soon signed when SC left?

He was frustrated in the transfer Market, and partly due to his excessive preseason we had a awful injury crisis and we were struggling to fullfill fixtures with the few fit senior players having to play far to many games to early, which possibly has contributed to our injury problems ever since. Friendly results were disastrous as was our 1st 2 matches. That's when he realised he couldn't handle it and bottled it.

He let SL, KM, all his players, his new signings and all of us down badly. For that I will never forgive him. I've not heard the interview today, but he's gone even further down in my estimations if he's trying to palm off blame. He's a snivelling little coward that has cost this club and us a wasted year of our lives

Or we might have ended up with more Adomah's and Stewart's.

He just wasn't up for it at City, which is sad because his track record is superb and I'm sure if he had of had the hunger, he would have done well long term for us.

Im amazed at some posts on here, steve coppell would have been my dream choice as manager and never for one minute did i think we would ever get a manager of his un doubted quality. He was even being thought of as a future england manager . i for one am gutted that he left and am dissapointed that he was not given anything and everything he wanted or asked for. he should never have had anything put in his way and should have been consulted first on every detail. STEVE COPPELL with out doubt would have improved our club beyond recognition and brough high profile status. when he feels comfortable like he did at palace and reading he does fantastic work and we have now missed out on that. I felt sure of a push for the prem within a few seasons and still feel like its put us back to just dreaming of the prem. A last note on this i also feel milly has done a brilliant job and wish him well but alas we will never know what might have been

Stop making excuses for the cowardly little get! Fact is he arrived in plenty of time to arrange a preseason. A preseason that was trying to squeeze far to much in. He was alowed to bring in Kunle and he was happy to have KM as his ass man! (Opps let's hope not eh?)

Two senior players stated they wanted to leave and he had plenty of time to replace them, he didnt manage to do that. In fact didn't Stead decide to look elsewhere while he was in charge yet soon signed when SC left?

He was frustrated in the transfer Market, and partly due to his excessive preseason we had a awful injury crisis and we were struggling to fullfill fixtures with the few fit senior players having to play far to many games to early, which possibly has contributed to our injury problems ever since. Friendly results were disastrous as was our 1st 2 matches. That's when he realised he couldn't handle it and bottled it.

He let SL, KM, all his players, his new signings and all of us down badly. For that I will never forgive him. I've not heard the interview today, but he's gone even further down in my estimations if he's trying to palm off blame. He's a snivelling little coward that has cost this club and us a wasted year of our lives

[/quot

Im amazed at some posts on here, steve coppell would have been my dream choice as manager and never for one minute did i think we would ever get a manager of his un doubted quality. He was even being thought of as a future england manager . i for one am gutted that he left and am dissapointed that he was not given anything and everything he wanted or asked for. he should never have had anything put in his way and should have been consulted first on every detail. STEVE COPPELL with out doubt would have improved our club beyond recognition and brough high profile status. when he feels comfortable like he did at palace and reading he does fantastic work and we have now missed out on that. I felt sure of a push for the prem within a few seasons and still feel like its put us back to just dreaming of the prem. A last note on this i also feel milly has done a brilliant job and wish him well but alas we will never know what might have been

Bloody hell, do you wanna be my stepdad?... bet your kids are spoilt rotten!!

-or do you just find spending other peoples money easier than spending your own?.... I'm surprised Lansdown didnt headhunt you before handing over the reins to that Sexstone bloke. :whistle2:

people on here need to get a grip of their bitter twisted lives!

Excuse me? Who are you calling me bitter and twisted? I've stated facts about the situation about the time. It seems a lot more believable than a manager not wanting englands no 1 in his team without making an impact on his wage budget!

I'm glad he's gone and I hope he never works again because he set this club back a year. Our club did everything they could for him and he shat on us. I wouldn't piss on him if he was fire.....

Are you mental? Seriously Maynard better than Carroll?. Terry better than Ferdinand?. Also Cahill?. No keep taking the tablets. No actually double the dose because they do not seem to be working.

Thought I would help you with your punctuation. Schools seem not to be bothered this day and age.

If you're going to take the piss out of someone you need to have your own house in order. Your attempt at correcting his punctuation, above, is excruciatingly bad.

Seemed like a smug **** what talking about city. Basically making out that job wasnt as described and said later on that he wasnt used to having to explain why he wanted certain players. He expected to name a name and get him. Well no ******g wonder if players like Nicky Hunt were who he wanted. Well rid I think.

Like the previous poster seems like he has developed this 'line' over time but even so it's still very disingenuous for him to openly criticise the club; it's not often you hear that from any ex manager and I agree with you emphatically... Very well rid.

Are you mental? Seriously Maynard better than Carroll?. Terry better than Ferdinand?. Also Cahill?. No keep taking the tablets. No actually double the dose because they do not seem to be working.

Thought I would help you with your punctuation. Schools seem not to be bothered this day and age.

yea ok my punctuation isnt up to much ,but compared to your knowledge of football iam a world class author

He is an idiot yes but I do not cloud my judgement because what he is like off the field.

He's ok, as I said there are better strikers in the league.

Such As:

Drogba (The Best)

Torres

Suarez

Anelka

Hernandez (Looks very promising)

Tevez

Bent

Gyan (Again looks promising)

Sturridge (Could turn into a great foward)

Van-Persie

Defoe (On His Day)

In no order at all those fowards are far better than Rooney. You need a crash helmet on every time Rooney has a shot on goal. I have not included A.Carroll simply because I don't see greatness in him. He's got a fantastic head and brings the ball down well from the air. His left foot is not too bad either. But apart from that he has nothing. I honestly believe Maynard is a better foward player than Carroll.

Just because you play for Man Utd does not make a player world class. Another classic case is Ferdinand. Another over-rated defender. J.Terry is better by a country mile. I even believe Gary Cahill is a better defender than he is, even given the evidence Bolton took a hammering.

Aside from Robbored's too numerous to mention I have never seen anybody spout so much rubbish. Every single point is wrong I'm afraid.

Archived