IGNORED

Champagne Moments This Season

Dollymarie

Its certainly been eventful this season!

The Supporters Club and Trust are compiling a list of "Champagne moments" for this season, so that they can be voted for at the awards night on the 13th of May. So far we have come up with a few, and now we need your help.

• Jon Stead's wonder strike versus QPR, at Ashton Gate, Friday October 22nd.
  • Marvin Elliott's volleyed winner at the Riverside. City 2-1 Middlesbrough, Saturday October 30th.
  • David Clarkson's 40 yarder against Leicester City in stoppage time. Saturday November 20th.
  • Jamie McAllister scores direct from a corner City 3-0 Sheffield United, Saturday November 27th.
  • Our 3 nil Win against Cardiff, on New years day

This thread is to suggest any others so that we can come up with a shortlist.

Champagne moment of the season ?.

After the season we have endured not really appropriate, perhaps we could rename it

Slightly Flat Sparkling Wine Moment of the Season.

I'd vote for JS goal against QPR as at the time we were really hopeless and the voices of doom on this board were

predicting a battering or Caulkers last minute goal at QPR

Maybe not a champagne moment as such, but for me the biggest and most important result of the season was the 1-0 win over Reading back in October.

Louis Carey said he had tears in his eyes at the final whistle and I wasn't far off to be honest. A massive backs to the wall performance and probably the most electric atmosphere at Ashton Gate all season, particularly in the second half.

Champagne moment of the season ?.

After the season we have endured not really appropriate, perhaps we could rename it

Slightly Flat Sparkling Wine Moment of the Season.

I'd vote for JS goal against QPR as at the time we were really hopeless and the voices of doom on this board were

predicting a battering or Caulkers last minute goal at QPR

Why not the "Lambrini moment of the season?"

For me it has to be Caulker's equaliser at QPR. By far the best feeling I have had watching football since Noble's goal at Crystal Palace!

I agree. I wasn't even at the match but I remember the feeling when I heard that we'd equalised so late!

Apart from that, Malky Mackay falling over in the mud in his technical area and getting his nice suit dirty was one of the moments of the season for me.

Also, Paul Lambert turning around and telling the loud, unfunny, fat bloke who sits near me to ****ing shut up was pretty good as well.

In a season when not a lot really happened... maybe our champagne moment was off the pitch overcoming some of the hurdles with the development of the new stadium? A team effort but spearheaded by arguably the best Chairman in our club's history.

Maybe not a champagne moment as such, but for me the biggest and most important result of the season was the 1-0 win over Reading back in October.

Louis Carey said he had tears in his eyes at the final whistle and I wasn't far off to be honest. A massive backs to the wall performance and probably the most electric atmosphere at Ashton Gate all season, particularly in the second half.

I'll second this! The atmosphere in the eastend was rocking!

None. Simply there have been no moments that deserve champagne this season - it hasn't been good enough for that.

Yeah, there have been great goals scored and exciting games but they've been cancelled out all to often by lacklustre performances and far too many home defeats.

... but that's why they're called champagne moments! Moments of pure class and excitment in an otherwise dull and crap season.

was going to say the cardiff game as it was nice to get some revenge for 6-0, however when i read the suggestion for Caulker's header Vs QPR that got my vote, i remember literally jumping out of my chair at home celebrating while listening on the internet with my laptop then falling to the floor, celebrations didnt last too long

I'll second this. What a monent.....pure bedlam!

Think Caulker's goal vs QPR has to be chosen, after going 2-1 down late on in the game an to produce a headed goal like that against top of the league and infront of our own fans to equalise was great. Not to mention against Warnock. Got to be one of the nominees.

Can't remember which one but James made a save that was outstanding (he's made a few I know) but hopefully the description might help. Looking towards the goal, it was going in the top left hand corner towards the EE and he tipped it wide of the post. Never seen a save like it at Ashton Gate.

Think Caulker's goal vs QPR has to be chosen, after going 2-1 down late on in the game an to produce a headed goal like that against top of the league and infront of our own fans to equalise was great. Not to mention against Warnock. Got to be one of the nominees.

Can't remember which one but James made a save that was outstanding (he's made a few I know) but hopefully the description might help. Looking towards the goal, it was going in the top left hand corner towards the EE and he tipped it wide of the post. Never seen a save like it at Ashton Gate.

I just remembered what save I'm talking about. Was against Preston NE, Parkin had a shot outside of the box and James tipped it wide so we could go on and draw the game back when they were out relegation rivals. Theres a picture of the save as well. Could be a good one?

article-1327262-0BF11019000005DC-722_468x374.jpg

Its certainly been eventful this season!

The Supporters Club and Trust are compiling a list of "Champagne moments" for this season, so that they can be voted for at the awards night on the 13th of May. So far we have come up with a few, and now we need your help.

• Jon Stead's wonder strike versus QPR, at Ashton Gate, Friday October 22nd.
  • Marvin Elliott's volleyed winner at the Riverside. City 2-1 Middlesbrough, Saturday October 30th.
  • David Clarkson's 40 yarder against Leicester City in stoppage time. Saturday November 20th.
  • Jamie McAllister scores direct from a corner City 3-0 Sheffield United, Saturday November 27th.
  • Our 3 nil Win against Cardiff, on New years day

This thread is to suggest any others so that we can come up with a shortlist.

That walks it against those horrible @@@@@@@

Archived